'Game changing investment'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think we can really expect McCabe or the Prince to just throw their own money at the the club. If we go up we might see more investment as a result of higher crowds but not too much.

My worry is not about them throwing money at it, it's that they aren't making available the money we have generated.

I still cannot believe that given the supposed investment, the FA cup run, the superb season ticket and kit sales - that we once again sold our best player (for £2,500,000!) and signed a bunch of others that I had to google to find out who they were.

If we carry on in the way we are, we could become entrenched in this division. One things for sure, 19,000 fans wont put up with much more of this.

UTB

We lost one game in 7 matches and you moan!!! Yesterday was "a bad day in the office". We have not yet found the "right team" Injuries to three key players hadnt helped too. 38 games to go!!!!!!!
We seem to be having far too many bad days at the office this season and not to have found the right team after 2 months from the players who we brought in to do the job I find utterly amazing

We seem to be having far too many bad days at the office this season and not to have found the right team after 2 months from the players who we brought in to do the job I find utterly amazing
I feel it is "too many cooks" ATM but I think we will "click" much earlier in this season than last season

weve lost one game after beating villa and getting 13 points from 5 league games

in what time zone is that not having a clue, weve lost to the top club and 4th only real set back was slipping at coventry who sit 11th

One of the pre season threads pointed out we couldnt have had a stiffer opening 10 games , as we should have played mk dons too

weve lost one game after beating villa and getting 13 points from 5 league games

in what time zone is that not having a clue, weve lost to the top club and 4th only real set back was slipping at coventry who sit 11th

One of the pre season threads pointed out we couldnt have had a stiffer opening 10 games , as we should have played mk dons too
Sorry I was unaware that we had played Villa this season let alone beat them :rolleyes: I like how you seem to conveniently forget we have played 8 games so far losing three of them and before that had a pretty abysmal pre season. Quote your 13pts from 5 games all you want to sugar coat the turd it still doesn't change the way we have performed ALL season, we were very lucky to beat Crawley, Rochdale and Colchester all teams surviving on attendances of around 3000 even the good results at Peterbrorough and Preston were hardly convincing we could have conceded 5 in each but for heroics from Howard and poor finishing. Clough can see it Why can't you ? Still you can always tell us how badly the pigs are doing ............... Oh wait

Surely 'gelling' is a steady progression and not an over night flick of a switch? By that logic, we should be seeing steady improvements game on game. Well, can anyone tell me we are better now than we were against Bristol City? We look the same team to me, lacking in a lot of areas. This suggests that we aren't 'gelling' rather than we are simply an average team performing to our capibilties. You'd think 8 games was enough for a team to at least begin to gel, and yet we're just as shite as we were in the first game. There's no progression in performances, and that has to be the long-term worry surely?

Sorry I was unaware that we had played Villa this season let alone beat them

I take it that you don't do context or comparisons?

we were very lucky to beat Crawley, Rochdale and Colchester all teams surviving on attendances of around 3000

I may be missing something here but we did win those games "luckily" or not and how do small crowds equate to winning matches in the here and now?

Still you can always tell us how badly the pigs are doing ............... Oh wait

No need, you seem to be. judging by your recent posts to be the guy with his finger on that particular pulse.

There is concern, very real concern and I can't but help feel that McCabe let his own relief/excitement on bringing in an investor get the better of him. His comments re. Liverpool and Game changing are looking foolish now to say the least and although he's not always done the right thing as far as the fans are concerned, I do believe in this case it was more genuine belief than blatant lies.

There is concern, very real concern and I can't but help feel that McCabe let his own relief/excitement on bringing in an investor get the better of him. His comments re. Liverpool and Game changing are looking foolish now to say the least and although he's not always done the right thing as far as the fans are concerned, I do believe in this case it was more genuine belief than blatant lies.

Hold on. You mean to say international business magnate McCabe made a statement to the press and waiting public (which may have increased the club's share price value) which wasn't entirely true?

Just what exactly did they agree to then? And when Nigel Clough was in his contemplation period after being offered the role of team manager (some loose ends were being tied up, apparently) what giant load of bollocks was being fed to him regarding available funds for team augmentation and strengthening? Because, you know ... I can't see a canny manager such as he - who has had a few pastings from boards and fans alike in his career as a manager - entering into the role without assurances that cash would be available le to ship out the loose shower of tossers we had in the team. He shipped out McMahon ... brought a few loanees in - that sounds like a short term fix - and this season has spent how much exactly? He doesn't control the purse strings, those above him do. I think his shopping list this year would have a few names we'd know ... some we'd go 'quality signing' at and some we'd be excited to see pull on a red and white top. Of this year's ones, I have been serially underwhelmed, wondering what the fuck they'd done that was newsworthy (sports-wise) that brings them to the door. And when I learn of the 'undisclosed' fee and the 'arrives on a free', I think, "this is embarrassing."

Then, like Higdon, they turn in some shit displays and I think, 'I bet their last team are laughing their cocks off at us'.

pommpey

I may be missing something here but we did win those games "luckily" or not and how do small crowds equate to winning matches in the here and now?
You certainly are missing something fella, if you don't think we were lucky to win those games you must go about with your eyes shut. Don't forget with crowds of 3000 they have less than 20% of what we have available to spend on players yet they more than competed against us we could have easily lost those games. You would have thought the average school kid could work that one out, maybe you should take off the rose tinted specs now and again.

Hold on. You mean to say international business magnate McCabe made a statement to the press and waiting public (which may have increased the club's share price value) which wasn't entirely true?

Just what exactly did they agree to then? And when Nigel Clough was in his contemplation period after being offered the role of team manager (some loose ends were being tied up, apparently) what giant load of bollocks was being fed to him regarding available funds for team augmentation and strengthening? Because, you know ... I can't see a canny manager such as he - who has had a few pastings from boards and fans alike in his career as a manager - entering into the role without assurances that cash would be available le to ship out the loose shower of tossers we had in the team. He shipped out McMahon ... brought a few loanees in - that sounds like a short term fix - and this season has spent how much exactly? He doesn't control the purse strings, those above him do. I think his shopping list this year would have a few names we'd know ... some we'd go 'quality signing' at and some we'd be excited to see pull on a red and white top. Of this year's ones, I have been serially underwhelmed, wondering what the fuck they'd done that was newsworthy (sports-wise) that brings them to the door. And when I learn of the 'undisclosed' fee and the 'arrives on a free', I think, "this is embarrassing."

Then, like Higdon, they turn in some shit displays and I think, 'I bet their last team are laughing their cocks off at us'.

pommpey

I don't think I said that but OK, if you want to run with that fine.
"International Business Men" make mistakes all the time, to actually believe they don't is pretty basic when all you have to do is pick up a newspaper most days and find a case where it's happened.
Even the godly Steve Jobs made mistakes and he has been seen as untouchable in the business stakes.

The main paragraph in your post deals with both conjecture and Hearsay, there are no facts to back up your comments about Clough being fed none-truths to ensure he signed up. I don't know how much money has been spent since the Prince came on board, I especially don't have the football business experience to even hazard a guess on who cost what, what's a good price for this etc.

Am I happy with all our signings? No would be the correct answer but with the added caveat that in some cases I believe personally that it's too early to judge.

Does that mean I want to spew fire and brimstone at fellow fans over their thoughts and convince everyone that its MY opinion that's correct? Maybe but I try not to go down that route, although the odd time I do as I am happy to admit.

You certainly are missing something fella, if you don't think we were lucky to win those games you must go about with your eyes shut.

I didn't say that either but then...

You would have thought the average school kid could work that one out, maybe you should take off the rose tinted specs now and again

I would have thought that the average school kid would have been able to read my post and understand it.

Surely 'gelling' is a steady progression and not an over night flick of a switch? By that logic, we should be seeing steady improvements game on game. Well, can anyone tell me we are better now than we were against Bristol City? We look the same team to me, lacking in a lot of areas. This suggests that we aren't 'gelling' rather than we are simply an average team performing to our capibilties. You'd think 8 games was enough for a team to at least begin to gel, and yet we're just as shite as we were in the first game. There's no progression in performances, and that has to be the long-term worry surely?
Good point Blader... But only if we'd played the same 11.... (My excuse anyway)

Joking aside though, gelling for me is about finding the right side in the right formation etc.

Harris last season looked quality yet McEverley looks better in the current set up.

And you're forgetting that we've had a few injuries and off form players.

Out of interest, how many players have played for us this season already? I'd say at least 22, but with some players playing every game.

This might show is how unsettled we've been

Good point Blader... But only if we'd played the same 11.... (My excuse anyway)

Joking aside though, gelling for me is about finding the right side in the right formation etc.

Harris last season looked quality yet McEverley looks better in the current set up.

And you're forgetting that we've had a few injuries and off form players.

Out of interest, how many players have played for us this season already? I'd say at least 22, but with some players playing every game.

This might show is how unsettled we've been

I would argue this is what pre-season is for. I would also say that a good side knows its best 11, whilst poorer sides chop and change in the hope something clicks. I could be way off, but I'm going to assume Bristol City's startif 11 has been virtually unchanged since game 1 (unless players were signed afterwards e.g Agard). We shouldn't be testing 8 games into a season, that's poor for a whole variety of reasons, but the fact that the management nor the fans could come close to agreeing our best 11 strikes me as extremely worrying. Again, looking long-term it's hard to see this squad progressing.

I don't think we can really expect McCabe or the Prince to just throw their own money at the the club. If we go up we might see more investment as a result of higher crowds but not too much.
So let me get this right.We need higher attendances than what we're already getting in league one,19,000 that is,for two rich people(one been a supposable fan)to chuck money at our club,deary deary me.

So let me get this right.We need higher attendances than what we're already getting in league one,19,000 that is,for two rich people(one been a supposable fan)to chuck money at our club,deary deary me.
No that is not what I was saying. A lot of people here seem to just expect the Prince and McCabe to throw their own money at the club and if they don't then they are 'lacking ambition'.
What we need is to be in a higher division which will give us enough money to at least break even every year with larger attendances. It's already been established that the board were willing to spend the money earned last year but the clubs (hear Mal Brannigan almost slip up and say, substantial funds) we approached rejected our offers.
I know people go on about Ched-Threads but maybe we should be moaning about money-threads?

As I have put in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if HRH, Phipps and the Turkish guy are jokers who have had our pants down.

I'd like to sit with Mr Phipps and Brannigan have a coffee and let them explain in plain and stupid why we are not progressing or using or apparent size advantage to boss this division into submission

If either of them read this, I'd love for them to get in touch.

As I have put in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if HRH, Phipps and the Turkish guy are jokers who have had our pants down.

I'd like to sit with Mr Phipps and Brannigan have a coffee and let them explain in plain and stupid why we are not progressing or using or apparent size advantage to boss this division into submission

If either of them read this, I'd love for them to get in touch.

Big jimmy D has said he is happy to sit down with fans and discuss their investment in the club, plans etc, give him a shout!

why does the argument return to investment and wether the prince is really funding the club when we lose a game
man utd let in 5 and theyve just spent a british record fee on di maria, so spending a couple hundred grand like we have or 100 million , you get the same results some times , but blades fans , some anyhow cant see this

we are in transition , 12 months ago this week our priority was lets the feck steer clear of division 2 now its why arent we steam rollering the other 23 poiss poor teams in this division, why because some are ahead of where we are in terms of developing their squads , simples, Orients took 3 years to build a side and they are still struggling to maintain constant winning results , mk dons fell apart parts of last season but are coming on nicely now , prestons taken years to build a squad , some blades are giving Clough a few weeks

Last edited:
why does the argument return to investment and wether the prince is really funding the club when we lose a game
man utd let in 5 and theyve just spent a british record fee on di maria, so spending a couple hundred grand like we have or 100 million , you get the same results some times , but blades fans , some anyhow cant see this

we are in transition , 12 months ago this week our priority was lets the feck steer clear of division 2 now its why arent we steam rollering the other 23 poiss poor teams in this division, why because some are ahead of where we are in terms of developing their squads , simples, Orients took 3 years to build a side and they are still struggling to maintain constant winning results , mk dons fell apart parts of last season but are coming on nicely now , prestons taken years to build a squad , some blades are giving Clough a few weeks
You don't half post some utter bollocks and bullshit, WTF has Man U got to do with us ? If you want to make a comparison look no further that Bristol City who's last season was a mirror image of ours, look how they have gone about their business over the summer compared to us they buy proven players for this level and spend money on replacemnts before letting go of their stars . Little wonder they have made a much better start than us and sit top of the shit pile.

what has in
You don't half post some utter bollocks and bullshit, WTF has Man U got to do with us ? If you want to make a comparison look no further that Bristol City who's last season was a mirror image of ours, look how they have gone about their business over the summer compared to us they buy proven players for this level and spend money on replacemnts before letting go of their stars . Little wonder they have made a much better start than us and sit top of the shit pile.
and I spout bollocks ,,,, they started with arguably a much better squad , our "quality " last season came from 3 players we no longer have, city like us got their players roused at the end of the season and STILL HAD A GOOD SMATTERING OF CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS , on their books ,

we are that shit we are a win off 2nd place 13 points behind 16 and this despite losing a lot to injury

Very early yet the league is still close.We are only 3 points of second spot but also 5 points off the relegation spots.It is the negative GD that is scary.

Very early yet the league is still close.We are only 3 points of second spot but also 5 points off the relegation spots.It is the negative GD that is scary.
And yet we have scored 5 and conceded 7 in the last two games, so where's the problem ?
I sure some can make the statistic fit any problem and usually do ...

As I said it is still very early points are close together.
What is worrying is the Blades negative goal difference the top 2 are +11 and +10 teams don't get promotion with a negative goal difference this has to change.

Back
Top Bottom