If you think that's a red card

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After watching that video, I think it just makes Holgate look like a bit of a rubbish footballer.
I think he’s just run in and swung his leg through and completely missed the ball - (because he’s a bit crap(?)) - and therefore kicked the player instead.
If he actually kicked the ball, the ball would be between him and the player, but he’s nowhere near it. I don’t even think he’s gone for the player on purpose, he’s just totally misjudged everything about trying to kick the football. Sometimes you see a reckless lunge that a player should never have attempted because it was always going to have a potential for causing injury, but here it only ends up being so shocking because he makes such a mess of the basic skill of trying to kick a rolling football.
If he’d actually swung his foot through where the ball was, I don’t think it would have been a reckless challenge, (because the ball was nowhere near Mitoma’s leg!), but he’s missed by that much he’s nearly bust the lad in two.

It wasn’t a stupid ball to go for.
It wasn’t a ‘vicious’, angry challenge.
It wasn’t the sort of illegal jumping two-footed lunge that everyone knows is outlawed.
It looked like just an incredibly crap attempt to kick the football that missed by so much his foot ends up smashing into his opponent’s thigh in an obviously dangerous (red card) way.

After watching that video, I think it just makes Holgate look like a bit of a rubbish footballer.
I think he’s just run in and swung his leg through and completely missed the ball - (because he’s a bit crap(?)) - and therefore kicked the player instead.
If he actually kicked the ball, the ball would be between him and the player, but he’s nowhere near it. I don’t even think he’s gone for the player on purpose, he’s just totally misjudged everything about trying to kick the football. Sometimes you see a reckless lunge that a player should never have attempted because it was always going to have a potential for causing injury, but here it only ends up being so shocking because he makes such a mess of the basic skill of trying to kick a rolling football.
If he’d actually swung his foot through where the ball was, I don’t think it would have been a reckless challenge, (because the ball was nowhere near Mitoma’s leg!), but he’s missed by that much he’s nearly bust the lad in two.

It wasn’t a stupid ball to go for.
It wasn’t a ‘vicious’, angry challenge.
It wasn’t the sort of illegal jumping two-footed lunge that everyone knows is outlawed.
It looked like just an incredibly crap attempt to kick the football that missed by so much his foot ends up smashing into his opponent’s thigh in an obviously dangerous (red card) way.
It was basically the football tackling equivalent of an air shot! Dreadful he ended up so far off it.

But then again you expect rustiness when he comes from a lower tier, gathering dust on his former team’s bench.

At least Wilder now knows that when all the fans were saying don’t go for him, he’s shit, that we weren’t all
joking!

It was a definite red.
why oh why did he make such a reckless challenge and more importantly, why in that area of the pitch when the guy was going nowhere.

totally brain dead, just like the muppet who signed him
Been speaking to wilder, he's reviewed the incident and if you play the clip of the tackle backwards Holgate is actually helping him back up.... How can that be a sending off!!

It's conspiracy against blades ... premier league corrupt as fuck

Also the entire refereeing team were having a full picnic (with fucking scotch eggs) when he went in to confront them about cheating us out of the game ..... Bastards

Serious question - despite your crackpot fishing OP.
Now you’ve seen the photo above, and if that was a tackle on McAtee, what would you be saying?
I'd be saying a chin high challenge has no place in football these days.....

It’s 100% a red card but one of their players deserved one of them tackles to give them somert to actually roll around for.

That number 40 of theirs deserved one about knee high an all.

The one thing I didn't notice until this morning where I've seen a longer replay is just how long the ball is rooted to the floor for before Holgate made the challenge - if that's truly where he thinks the height of the ball is, the tackle's getting into British Rail levels of late

I for one don't believe that the exponents of all virtue could do this:

Back
Top Bottom