If you think that's a red card

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.

I don't mind people getting an April's fool in early but at least wait until March!

Not a fan of Stella, too sweet and heavy. I'm more a Newcy Brown man.

Listen (Hecky here) why are you all getting so pissy because I don't think that should have been a red card? Is it because I referred to you as a bit whiny? Fans of a game that isn't what it used to be? Or is it because we're shite, got gubbed and so you're looking to shout and let some steam off?

Carry on if you like, won't change my opinion and I'm sure it won't change you're but c'est la vie.
You're the one whining about an obvious red. Nowt worse than an attention seeker who tries to deflect their embarrassing views onto other people.

Not a fan of Stella, too sweet and heavy. I'm more a Newcy Brown man.

Listen (Hecky here) why are you all getting so pissy because I don't think that should have been a red card? Is it because I referred to you as a bit whiny? Fans of a game that isn't what it used to be? Or is it because we're shite, got gubbed and so you're looking to shout and let some steam off?

Carry on if you like, won't change my opinion and I'm sure it won't change you're but c'est la vie.
When did you refer to me as “a bit whiny” ?? This is my first reply on the thread, I think you’re confusing me with someone else, so again I’ll refer to my original and first post on the subject. How many Newcastle browns, lines of coke and walls have you punched today?

Only decent thing about the challenge was several thousand on the Kop going ape shit at the ref, fuck VAR, Premier League corrupt as fuck etc, looking up at the replay, pissing ourselves laughing and quietly sitting back down.

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.
Is it you James?

No, I'm in the camp where it used to be a contact sport. You obviously prefer the modern game where you aren't allowed to tackle and that's fine, your choice. I just think the game loses a lot when every time a player puts a hard, or mistimed tackle in there's a collective crying by followers who don't really understand defending.
I mean generally when you tackle you are meant to get the ball.

He didn’t.

He instead got Mitoma’s thigh, with force.

It’s one of the most obvious red cards I’ve seen in football. The most unbelievable thing about it is that the ref only deemed it a yellow at the time.

I’m not sure that’s the point. Under the laws of the game (like it or loathe it), it’s classed as high and reckless and anyone with half a brain cell knew it would be interpreted as a straight red all day long.

It was a stupid, irresponsible challenge in the 12th minute of a match we couldn’t lose. You can blame the system and cite nostalgia, but Holgate fucked us and fucked himself.

I'm actually embarrassed that one of our players made a challenge like that, on TV in the top league in the world, and that some of our fans booed the ref and the player thinking it's not a red card.

I was going mental at him coming to the screen and many at our angle were annoyed it was even a yellow.

As soon as I saw a replay, it looked very different to our angle real time. We all saw what I think he intended to do, boot through the ball robustly, it looked like Mitoma then left his legs in and got caught on the follow through.

The camera shows otherwise 🤣, I do think it was just incredibly mistimed/poor technique tho.

As a lot have said, maybe 20 years ago that sort of challenge gets a yellow, but not with today's directives.

But some players must be as thick as a shit to put a challenge in like that and think it's acceptable in today's game.

I thought the same as Anel.
Real time the both seemed to get to the ball together at the same time. The still image must have been a second later where the momentum of both players results in this view.
Looking at that still it looks a clear red but it didn't from where I was on John St in real time..
It definitely completely ruined the game. We were never in it after that.

There are a fair few people that didn't even think it was a foul at the time, including me. I can't ever remember an incident where my own eyes deceived me as much as this one, so I completely get why Anel has said that and why the ref didn't immediately give a red.

I'm massively against VAR but that is a perfect example of where it can be a good thing. Some things are just genuinely missed or not apparent from the refs angle at the time.

It was a definite red.
why oh why did he make such a reckless challenge and more importantly, why in that area of the pitch when the guy was going nowhere.

totally brain dead, just like the muppet who signed him

There are a fair few people that didn't even think it was a foul at the time, including me. I can't ever remember an incident where my own eyes deceived me as much as this one, so I completely get why Anel has said that and why the ref didn't immediately give a red.

I'm massively against VAR but that is a perfect example of where it can be a good thing. Some things are just genuinely missed or not apparent from the refs angle at the time.
I thought Anel went across to the refs VAR screen with him?

Red card times 2.

You are a prat.

Even watching on TV it doesn't look like a foul from the normal 'South Stand angle', especially as the ball rolls away as if he'd won the ball cleanly. I was wondering why the Brighton players were massively overreacting to a good firm challenge...until they showed the replays.

I was too busy arguing with the referee (and in my defence, it'd have meant looking the other way) :D

Plus they don't usually replay it :)
It was kind of funny on the kop, where it is in the perfect direction, how many carried on booing Mitoma after it had been on. Makes you remember the cross section of opinions there are, let's say

Back
Top Bottom