If you think that's a red card

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Red card all day long even if it was probably accidental.

Holgate showing why he is a waste of space.

In the stadium (kop) at real speed I didn't think it was a foul - I thought they'd both taken the ball hence why the ball hadn't moved. Obviously with a video replay it's psychotic
Same here from BLUT. Old boy at side said red card straight away. I said na not red. Then saw the reply, what a fucking daft challenge because he can't do him on pace.

Red card all day long even if it was probably accidental.

Holgate showing why he is a waste of space.
He couldn't even kick space....I really don't know what that means but he needs to go back to Everton or win over the fans with some of the best defending this club has seen.

Only decent thing about the challenge was several thousand on the Kop going ape shit at the ref, fuck VAR, Premier League corrupt as fuck etc, looking up at the replay, pissing ourselves laughing and quietly sitting back down.
I have to confess that I was quite embarrassed at my anger seeing the Brighton player apparently 'making a meal of it'. Seeing the challenge almost immediately on a mobile phone it was obvious why Holgate had to go.
In mitigation I'm sick to death of seeing players feigning injury or rolling around following tackles - I think this had happened twice in the few minutes before the sending off. It clouds one's judgement and should be cut out of the game

Back in the day you get a bit of the ball and the rest was irrelevant. That's why you shouldn't compare modern creative players with those of yesteryear. They had to ride challenges and earn the right to play.It's a lesser game for it. I don't like the slow it down video replay culture. You can make anything look terrible. It's hilarious watching pundits who would've been sent off after 20 minutes making out it's premeditated axe murder.

I have to confess that I was quite embarrassed at my anger seeing the Brighton player apparently 'making a meal of it'. Seeing the challenge almost immediately on a mobile phone it was obvious why Holgate had to go.
In mitigation I'm sick to death of seeing players feigning injury or rolling around following tackles - I think this had happened twice in the few minutes before the sending off. It clouds one's judgement and should be cut out of the game

The same player dived for a penalty at the Kop end.

Nobody else has said it yet so I will

Wasn't even a tackle back in't day, when men was men didn't have stupid haircuts and kissed eachth......oh waitDfkvQpnWkAAQhgM.jpg

Even watching on TV it doesn't look like a foul from the normal 'South Stand angle', especially as the ball rolls away as if he'd won the ball cleanly. I was wondering why the Brighton players were massively overreacting to a good firm challenge...until they showed the replays.

From the Kop it looked like both players kicked the ball and Holgate got there a fraction quicker. The ball travelled in a direction that was consistent with that. Usually you can determine whether there's a foul by the direction of the ball.

From the Kop it looked like both players kicked the ball and Holgate got there a fraction quicker. The ball travelled in a direction that was consistent with that. Usually you can determine whether there's a foul by the direction of the ball.
I saw it like that, from kop it looked like Holgate had won the ball and Mitoma made a meal of contact from the follow through..

Caught a replay of it at half time. Clear red, awful challenge, stupid horrible bastard Holgate.

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.
IMG_2915.png

It was shocking technique but all I’ll say is that the force was radial as compared to the Keane-Haaland challenge shown in an earlier post where the force was axial. In the situation where players come together, the smart modern day player holds back cos he knows if the other player is an idiot there’s every chance he’ll get sent off. Smart v Idiot. I’m old school so I find it hard to not want my player to put the challenge in but that is the modern game. It is a red in today’s game so you have to accept and adapt. I don’t accept that it would have been red 20/30 years ago. I think the fact the ref only gave a yellow in real time kind of proves the point.

I would suggest that having seen several responses to the red card and the incident itself that if you don’t think that’s a red card don’t bother with a trip to Specsavers and instead contact these nice folks and get yourself a lovely Labrador.

Also, if you did think it was a red card, have a look anyway and maybe sponsor one of these wonderful dogs.

The mediacwank circus rolls into focus. At least cunts like Danny Murphy will be out of our fucking focus for years after May arrives and thank fuck for that. I fucking hate these TV bellends.
It was more for the video of the incident really.
Holgates straight leg, studs up, hits Mitomas thigh at speed.
That has been a red for the last 30 years.
If Mitomas foot was on the ground, studs in the floor, his leg is bust.

It was more for the video of the incident really.
Holgates straight leg, studs up, hits Mitomas thigh at speed.
That has been a red for the last 30 years.
If Mitomas foot was on the ground, studs in the floor, his leg is bust.
Nort in a position to dispute that. My comment was just a general one regarding my loathing of Lineker and all the wankers at Sky and the BBC who just talk such revolting bollocks . Nowt else.

If you buy into the bullshit that the Holgate challenge was a red card, then you're part of the problem. No one got injured, no one had to leave the game, just a robust challenge that was a yellow at the absolute worst.

This isn't football, it's non contact, pre ordained rubbish where for some reason, we're seen as the rubbing rag team, worthy of every bad decision, every talking point and for me, I can't wait to get out of this fucking pantomime league. Hopefully some of you whiny fuckers will latch on to Man City, Liverpool, whoever and stick with the Prem because slagging us off after more decisions like today really isn't what fans do.
I know it’s a game of opinions.

But you’re just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom