Rules - Another them vs us debate.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

14 minutes went up on the board and about 16 minutes ended up being played.

If there are stoppages during the time added on then more time gets added. There were 4 yellow cards, various delays and a goal during that 14 minutes, watch any game and it often runs past the indicated time sometimes by a couple of minutes so an extra 2 on top of 14 isn't really suspicious. Granted if they'd scored with that last shot of the game I'd have been joining you on Planet Tinfoilhat!

Some pretty facile replies on this thread.

If people truly believe that the rules are being applied even-handedly by officials in the Premier League, then there are clearly plenty who - as they used to say in Sheffield - “are happy to stand for t’ egg under t’ hat”.
Massive like for t’egg under tha hat 😀
Haven’t heard that for years

VAR should be time limited. Literally, they have 30-60 seconds to look at something. If they cannot see it then carry on. Same with offsides, if it aint absolutely bloody obvious its offside because a players testicle swung slightly forward as he ran, then give the god damn goal. VAR is too clinical and surgical. It is suppose to correct absolute howlers. In cricket they have umpires call if the ball is clipping the stumps because the is always a % of error in the system, same with these lines for offside. If it is too tight to really tell, then give the benefit to the referee and assistant.

Next season will be fund with the new "Wenger" offside where its doesnt matter if you are slightly in front, if any part of the players body is in the line with the last defender, it will be onside. Expect the current 3.26 goals per game to go up considerably.
See your point but surely the whole point of VAR is to make the correct decision.

The problem with the word “obvious” is that is subjective and open to controversy/ errors/ corruption.

When the opposition have goals disallowed for similar reasons notice how our fans never complain about the ref or VAR and think VAR made the correct decision.

Think a factor with ref decisions and VAR is that they tend to be slightly biased towards the better team, the team that deserves to score, the team that deserves to be leading.

So at PL level, when we’re struggling and playing poorly/negatively the 50/50 decisions always seem to go against us.

Where as at Championship level when we are dominating matches, the 50/50 devisions tend to go in our favour.

Think this is a historical and natural bias where’s ref always seem to prefer justice and regards 50/50 type decisions always side with the better team at that stage of the match. Some used to say you’ll never win a penalty at Anfield or Old Trafford but that because the away team rarely ventured into the opposition penalty area.

Last edited:
We are utter shite and have our self's to blame but there's no way we're seen the same as a Klopps Liverpool or an Artetas Arsenal to the average PL guy.

If you think the PL is 100% normal and fine then you don't take much interest in the games/ league.
I don’t think anyone is arguing that there’s not a bias towards the big clubs, the argument was that Fulham aren’t a big club and therefore no one gives a shit about their results. Therefore the reason for the 14 mins was incompetence and not because there’s a conspiracy for Fulham not to lose against Blades.

Massive like for t’egg under tha hat 😀
Haven’t heard that for years
I remember it from my Great Grandad saying it, when I was a lad.

He was born in 1904, worked down the pit and then at Hadfields steelworks…and lived on the same street in Darnall as ex-Blades player Bill Brelsford…when Bill was still playing.

How things have changed…

I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against our team. I do think there’s a conspiracy to protect the valuable assets of the PL.

Back
Top Bottom