Dominic Calvert-Lewin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

funny how some old codgers on here take the mick out of DCL for his metropolitan swagger but then probably hark back to the days of Bowie, T Rex. Roxy Music, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop and Slade as the pinnacle of 'cool' (they literally wore makeup and women's clothing)

But surely you cant donate more than the sum of all these.
I wondered if fees from sponsorship that Marcus was entitled to but never personally accepted were diverted to his preferred charities?
He didn't give that amount of money (although he did give an amount), he persuaded others to donate either money, goods or time. £20m is the total figure/value raised.

Must admit, I was confused by this but thought it was just me. How can you give away more than you’ve got…….hope someone can explain the reasoning behind this……genuinely interested in the logic.
My guess is that most of the 20m is fundraised rather than direct donation.

Edit: apologies didnt see previous two posts

But surely you cant donate more than the sum of all these.
I wondered if fees from sponsorship that Marcus was entitled to but never personally accepted were diverted to his preferred charities?
It's because the fundraing he did raised more than his net worth:

"Acting as an ambassador for FareShare, Rashford's efforts triggered an estimated £20m of additional donations to the food poverty charity. This gives him a Giving Index of score 125, as £20m represents 125% of his net worth of £16m."

It's because the fundraing he did raised more than his net worth:

"Acting as an ambassador for FareShare, Rashford's efforts triggered an estimated £20m of additional donations to the food poverty charity. This gives him a Giving Index of score 125, as £20m represents 125% of his net worth of £16m."
Either fundraised or direct, they are all great but would have thought the list would be consistent figures ie all fundraising amounts or all personal donations. To mix the two some might say is misleading.

Either fundraised or direct, they are all great but would have thought the list would be consistent figures ie all fundraising amounts or all personal donations. To mix the two some might say is misleading.
No doubt, his work has been fantastic..also the free school meal stuff, potentially of higher finaivalue, I don't know.
But mixing fundraising and donating, doesn't make sense.
I'm not a fan of the list tbh. It is interesting, but I not a fan of putting the likes of Lord Sainsbury under the spotlight, as opposed to someone who donates a smaller amount (absolute or percentage) , Donating smaller percentages is much harder if your disposable income is less.

I'm confused as to how somone can give away 125% of their income whilst also setting up 2 companies to avoid tax.

Some interesting comments from posters who are probably sat wearing their Superdry thinking they are keeping up with the kids.

His money, his style, he's enjoying himself and not bothering anyone, so who gives a fuck what he wants to wear?
Hope he's wearing a dress for his next picture just to send some off the top board.

Hope he's wearing a dress for his next picture just to send some off the top board.
I hope he's wearing a nappy with a giant safety pin through it, yellow, 12 hole, doc martins with tartan socks pulled up over the knee, a flowery bikini top underneath an old army surplus camo jacket, a pair of those optician's eye test devices, where they slot the different lenses in and an undersized pork pie hat, worn to one side at a jaunty angle.

It's all abaht opinions, innit?

Have to make sure he gives it a good shake after going for a wazz, those trousers will be very unforgiving if he doesn't.

And don't get me started on proper wipeage
Imagine the skidders in those? That would give the new, new, new reformulated Persil a test!

I hope he's wearing a nappy with a giant safety pin through it, yellow, 12 hole, doc martins with tartan socks pulled up over the knee, a flowery bikini top underneath an old army surplus camo jacket, a pair of those optician's eye test devices, where they slot the different lenses in and an undersized pork pie hat, worn to one side at a jaunty angle.

It's all abaht opinions, innit?
Wouldn't that be awesome?

I'm confused as to how somone can give away 125% of their income whilst also setting up 2 companies to avoid tax.

Anyone on that list that doesn’t have financial advisors to help them minimise tax? What’s the difference between him and any other rich chap who has someone to manage his tax affairs?

funny how some old codgers on here take the mick out of DCL for his metropolitan swagger but then probably hark back to the days of Bowie, T Rex. Roxy Music, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop and Slade as the pinnacle of 'cool' (they literally wore makeup and women's clothing)
I would literally pay 16/- and 12d for a ticket to see that lineup. 19/- if they added The Sweet.

He hasn't. He has raised £20m vs his net worth of £16m . They are using the money he raised to come up with 125%.

I find it a bit crap that since he's done it, he's become the target for people having a go at his other income. He's a rich footballer, like dozens of others.
He's stuck his neck out and used his high profile to do some good. he didn't have to and many more don't.

Must admit, I was confused by this but thought it was just me. How can you give away more than you’ve got…….hope someone can explain the reasoning behind this……genuinely interested in the logic.

I know. Even if you found a few bob down the side of the sofa afterwards you'd still be a bit pinched.

Middle aged men moaning about young person’s outfit. Happened since time immemorial.

He’s younger than me, better looking than me, richer than me, more talented than me…

But worse than that, I’m sat at my desk wearing a 10 year old pair of Adidas tennis shorts and a T-shirt from flippin’ TKMaxx.

So, yup, he’s better dressed than me n’all….

😭

Back
Top Bottom