Do you think it right that Luton were allowed to postpone a Premier fixture

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t think it matters much tbh, still think it’s likely they finish bottom and they could be really unfortunate and get a major injury or something just before they play the game in hand

Fairly standard in non-league that if a team wins the league but doesn't meet the ground criteria for the league above and can't convince the authorities that they will be able to in time, they forfeit promotion.

The older ones amongst us remember that Luton had a very healthy relationship with the top division many years ago, they have over achieved (like us) by getting into the Premier league, it's a fairy story about a bunch of cheats, but not unexpected..

I don't know the full extent of the work, but last season they were knocking on the door, that's when the work should have started... Its no excuse today.

Not being funny they'll get favours, they always have, if it'd been us we'd be looking at a points deduction..

I don't think I've seen so much bitterness in one post before.

If we were a comfortable mid table premier league club this wouldn’t bother me at all but given our position I’d have loved an extra week to get players in and let the current squad get fit and work together before we played forest

If we were a comfortable mid table premier league club this wouldn’t bother me at all but given our position I’d have loved an extra week to get players in and let the current squad get fit and work together before we played forest
They don't have an extra week the deadline for transfers will finish for all the clubs at the same time and they did tell the PL that they wouldn't be ready back in June shortly after the fixtures came out .Luton did propose the away fixture at Burnley be moved to this spot but it was I believe Burnley who refused

I'm fine with it, but do not see why they couldn't have switched the fixtures and played at Burnley
Would you have wanted Sheffield United to start the season with 4 home games and 0 away before the transfer window closed? Obviously Burnley didn't want to. And with good reason.

Yes - Purely for the ludicrous rule imposed on Luton forcing them to spend millions upgrading a stadium, particularly when they are moving next year. It's a sign of the times, but unfortunately we live in an era where a ground is clearly fit for purpose, it's lasted over 100 years, but is all of a sudden not deemed fit because it's at the elite level.

It's a punishment for the hard efforts and success which have unexpectedly gone into Luton. They've been shafted year on year and are pretty having to chuck money away just because they got promoted.

My issue with it is that before the season started, they new the ground wouldn't be ready. There owner was doing press conferences talking about it, saying it was a "tough task" and they would do the best they could. He also specifically ruled out ground sharing with MK for any number of games.

Can understand the game being postponed if there's no alternatives, but refusal to groundshare for a few games, plus Burnley being nobs about switching fixtures make me less forgiving about the whole thing

Back
Top Bottom