Do you think it right that Luton were allowed to postpone a Premier fixture

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

probably more for the press than VAR I’d imagine
If it was just for the press then I'd say tough shit that's what you get at Kenilworth Rd but there is a necessity for VAR to be present so all teams are treated the same*

*and as we've seen already
Extra penalties for Liverpool
No penalties against Man U
Newcastle can have 5 men offside for a goal including the goalscorer.

I'm fine with it, but do not see why they couldn't have switched the fixtures and played at Burnley

It’s fine. But if they stay up by 1 point above us then they should definitely have been docked points. That’s how it works.

They've only signed Tim Krul since the first match so far I think? That would be the main issue if they sign a load of good players in the remaining transfer window that they wouldn't have been able to play for their second game otherwise. Otherwise it's fine.

If we play well enough we'll stay in the Premier League.

If we don't we won't.

I couldn't give a stuff about Luton.

I believe they asked to play their game away at Burnley (basically swap the two H&A fixtures around) and Burnley said no. I assume it's because a postponement suited Burnley too, for the reasons you stated. Fair enough from Burnley.

I think they should have had to forfeit the game. But I am in a grumpy mood today. I ran out of fuel in the lawnmower and took it particularly bad.
Had you traveled far from home on your lawnmower ?

So Luton have been allowed to postpone a fixture because their ground is not up to standard as yet. The potential impact is they have more time together to train and bed in new players. The thing for me is that if they couldn't comply with Premiership rules surely they should not have been allowed to enter that particular league? Or am i being too hard? The fact they are frantically trying to get the ground up to scratch is irrelevant as it wasn't ready for the new season. The alternative is they should have forfeited the points or play all games away till the stadium is ready. The fact Burnley agreed is also irrelevant as they are not the rule makers of the league. Luton to the Premiership is a fairy story, but do you think the authorities would have given us so much leeway? Thoughts people?
More time to bed players in yes

Fixture list pile up as they have to fit these in with probably the smallest squad in the division, when injuries and suspensions may also be in play

They may also feel the pressure of being cut adrift as I wouldn’t expect them to get many points on the road

2 sides to every coin, stop looking for summat to whinge about😂

The League should've decided the solution, not the clubs. The obvious one being to play the fixture away like Liverpool did when several of thei fixtures were moved due to their main stand rebuild not being finished. They took the worst course of action a postponment which now skews the whole league to some degree.

The question should be

Do you think its fair for Luton to spend £10 million plus on there stadium for 1 or 2 seasons ( dont know when the new ground is ready) to meet premier league requirements

Seems and absurd waste of money on a ground that will not be used

If it was just for the press then I'd say tough shit that's what you get at Kenilworth Rd but there is a necessity for VAR to be present so all teams are treated the same*

*and as we've seen already
Extra penalties for Liverpool
No penalties against Man U
Newcastle can have 5 men offside for a goal including the goalscorer.
Yeah but VAR wouldn’t be in the press box

letting them play a couple of game at home even though it’s not up to PL spec,
This would have been the pragmatic solution.

PL clubs regularly play away in cup competition at non PL grounds.

They should have been made to play at a neutral venue.
That would hand an advantage to Burnley though, all possible solutions have their pros and Cons. Allowing a postponement is probably the fairest all round.

I believe they asked to play their game away at Burnley (basically swap the two H&A fixtures around) and Burnley said no. I assume it's because a postponement suited Burnley too, for the reasons you stated. Fair enough from Burnley.

I think they should have had to forfeit the game. But I am in a grumpy mood today. I ran out of fuel in the lawnmower and took it particularly bad.
*badly

The question should be

Do you think its fair for Luton to spend £10 million plus on there stadium for 1 or 2 seasons ( dont know when the new ground is ready) to meet premier league requirements

Seems and absurd waste of money on a ground that will not be used

Then they should have taken the pragmatic option and ground shared for a year

This game will be played after transfer window has slammed shut i assume and after they have fully strengthened ..?

The plot of Stephen King's 1975 short story "The Lawnmower Man" concerns Harold Parkette, who hires "Pastoral Greenery and Outdoor Services Inc." to cut his lawn. Parkette later spies on the serviceman, discovering his lawnmower mows the lawn by itself while he crawls after it, naked, eating the grass.

1692561312799.png

At our lasses tonight so getting big fanny so don't really care. Ask me tomorrow.

its a great story they arent the 1st team to ask for abit of help & its brilliant story to see luton in there. if they have to postpone a 2nd then it might get a bit tricky. but in a way because have to give them leeway because that ground is perfectly fine, but its premier league have demanded the changes because of what the broadcasters demand. & you cant start it until you know what league your going to be in. & that was only 11 weeks ago. which is a very tight turnaround

maybe the premier league should have rule that you can apply to postpone any changes & if you stay up then they would be require to

Darragh Mac Anthony (Peterborough owner) had a decent idea to prevent this scenario happening again. Make the Premier League pay for any Championship club grounds that aren’t upto PL standard to be brought upto standard in the event any them are promoted. Any promoted clubs would have the cost of their improvements docked from their Premier League money. Obviously this would be for the bare necessities to meet PL criteria. Not building new stands etc.

Darragh Mac Anthony (Peterborough owner) had a decent idea to prevent this scenario happening again. Make the Premier League pay for any Championship club grounds that aren’t upto PL standard to be brought upto standard in the event any them are promoted. Any promoted clubs would have the cost of their improvements docked from their Premier League money. Obviously this would be for the bare necessities to meet PL criteria. Not building new stands etc.
Darragh needs to realise that if he wants the PL to pay for the changes then asking them to dock the money from the promoted clubs TV money isn’t the right thing to do, the club are still paying, just in a stealthy way.

Yeah, can we postpone our game against Man City because we’re not quite ready for it?…Please.

Back
Top Bottom