Disgrace.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That was nowhere near a disgrace. We started poorly, but even then we're not far off. In the middle of the game, we probably got as good as we can get. 2 outrageous bits of luck for Luton and here we are.
We were a disgrace in some games earlier this season (E.g. Burnley), but to say that was a disgrace is misguided in my opinion. I hope it was an instant reaction brought on by frustration.

UTB!!

I’ve just listened to Wilders interview. Omg he’s talking absolute nonsense. Blaming the players for everything, when it’s totally his fault for screwing up the shape of the defence. He chose to go without a left back, then blames the team for not covering the left side. Slating off the team in public is disgraceful. He needs to take the blame in public and sort it behind closed doors. Todays performance was as bad as most under Hecky.
Must admit his comments after the game stood out to me too. Wilder walked back in with a little humility that sounded like he had learnt from his time away from the game. But to be throwing the players under the bus at this stage and taking no responsibility himself is quite alarming really this early into his return. It will either give the players a reaction, or like it did in the past, help him to lose the dressing room. It would have been wiser for Wilder to say 'we were unlucky, and we gifted them way too much but we will learn from this'. And then tell the players behind closed doors it was not good enough and he has defended them in the media.

I’ve just listened to Wilders interview. Omg he’s talking absolute nonsense. Blaming the players for everything, when it’s totally his fault for screwing up the shape of the defence. He chose to go without a left back, then blames the team for not covering the left side. Slating off the team in public is disgraceful. He needs to take the blame in public and sort it behind closed doors. Todays performance was as bad as most under Hecky.
Hopefully they defend better next game now they’ve been told publicly that they defend like a bunch of fucking morons.

I have no issue with Wilder calling them out for not carrying out his instructions. It’s if he told them to defend like a bunch of wankers and then called them out for doing it that there’d be an issue.

First half tactics fucking awful gave them enough time & space that they could sat back with a fkg cigar . Second pushed down on them & made them look like us .. a championship side ... what a manager can’t legislate for is two awful pieces of goalkeeping & a freak deflection while defending a cross

He had two left sided defenders Trusty n Robinson - Trusty has been ok in the LWB role better than our other options tbh
You want to set up with 10 behind the ball aka Villa and City incoming but at home against a relegation rival - jeez

It wasnt a disgrace.

1st half Luton looked better until about 40mins then we started to turn the screw a bit. That said can anyone remember Luton creating any chances of note aside from the goal which normally a keeper just smothers?

We were battering Luton 2nd half and we're deservedly in front.
When Hamer went off we seemed to drop off a bit and then in my opinion got unlucky with the corner that wasnt and pretty clear foul on Robbo.
Wilder is correct that we shouldn't be dropping as deep and why are we.
But the timing of their 2nd goal was crucial.

We then looked shaken and they take advantage of our low line and get a bit fortunate with the attack for the 3rd.

On balance of the game they got a spawny win.
We were masters of our own demise but we were the only team that actually created chances.

I don't give a fuck if he slags the players off, they're grown adults and at times deserve slagging off, but he could also admit he fucked up too in that first half. We were way way way the better team 2nd half and it was just one of those unlucky days. Pretty pointless getting disheartened about it anymore, literally every one of us knew we weren't good enough last season when we came up, we knew we weren't good enough at the start of this season and we know now. The thing I do get disheartened about though and its my main issue, and it's a huge issue imo is the fitness and training at the club is quite frankly a disgrace because last season when we were having good spells for 30 minutes a game it was good enough but in this league it ain't happening, and let's be reyt we are not capable of playing well for 90 minutes, absolutely far from it. It needs working on big time.

I never thought for one moment we would miraculously transform overnight when Wilder returned. What I wanted to see was a fresh approach and improvement and we have seen signs of that.

I agree, that negativity and slating the players in public will be counter productive. What is said in the changing room should stay in the changing room. He can make his feelings known by dropping players where he can and giving others a go.

What I want to see in interviews is openess about our situation but determination to learn, work hard and improve. We have to stick together as a group.

Must admit his comments after the game stood out to me too. Wilder walked back in with a little humility that sounded like he had learnt from his time away from the game. But to be throwing the players under the bus at this stage and taking no responsibility himself is quite alarming really this early into his return. It will either give the players a reaction, or like it did in the past, help him to lose the dressing room. It would have been wiser for Wilder to say 'we were unlucky, and we gifted them way too much but we will learn from this'. And then tell the players behind closed doors it was not good enough and he has defended them in the media.
Luckily, most of these cowards are out of contract in the summer anyway.

Can’t wait to replace them with our budget of thin air and Monopoly money.
Hopefully, just hopefully the prince will be out of here by then too and we can have a proper owner in charge. If not we will most likely have a very painful few years ahead.

Don't mind him slating the players one bit, some individuals need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror. Any team 2-1 down that doesn't have another shot at goal should lose, we decided to kick/head it in for them

Don't mind him slating the players one bit, some individuals need to have a good look at themselves in the mirror. Any team 2-1 down that doesn't have another shot at goal should lose, we decided to kick/head it in for them
Exactly, need to create some accountability for this.

Can't see much in the above that's accurate, factual or even remotely sensible

We've been worse this season, also we aren't giving Luton the credit they deserve, they've just beaten Newcastle, been ahead in games vs Arsenal and Man City, they're no mugs..

They got two deflections, I know we haven't defended well and gave them forever with the ball late second half, which they made us pay for, but some are talking like they sliced us open and passed it into the net.

Defeatest I know, but wilders reaction to the players might just be down to the R that we've most likely just put beside our name this season.

A must win game that we just lost from a winning position, at least he's not talking about xg and running stats?

He had two left sided defenders Trusty n Robinson - Trusty has been ok in the LWB role better than our other options tbh
You want to set up with 10 behind the ball aka Villa and City incoming but at home against a relegation rival - jeez
If setting up with 10 behind the ball wins more points, I’d be delighted. It certainly worked well at Villa.

Wilder can criticise the players all he wants but just let this sink in....... He brought Brewster on for Archer when we are chasing the game, in possibly the most important game of the season.. what a boost that must have been for Luton.... the ref may as well have blown for full time as soon as he came on

If Wilder hadn't wasted £20m on brewster.... would he have even made the bench 🤔

Wilder can criticise the players all he wants but just let this sink in....... He brought Brewster on for Archer when we are chasing the game, in possibly the most important game of the season.. what a boost that must have been for Luton.... the ref may as well have blown for full time as soon as he came on

If Wilder hadn't wasted £20m on brewster.... would he have even made the bench 🤔
Archer might have been spent at that point?

From what I heard wilder only ever wanted Brewster on loan.
When the negotiations took place the board decided to sign him permanently as they felt he was a good prospect. Hence the contract.

Even without red&white stripe glasses on, I have to point out that there was some odd ref decisions throughout the game and specially in the 2-2 goal
I don't think it was a corner as we didn't touch the ball and why there wasn't VAR check on Robbos shirt pulling?

Tbh, I personally lost motivation to the game more than the tema did, so must give them respect for that
Thing that mainly reflected my frustration to the game/refs was Robbo's wrestling throw where he got booked

The ref actions have been so wild and against us that it's the biggest disgrace this season, which haven't been easy for us on any other way either..

A few points I'd like to make😄. In my view Wilder didn't throw the players under the bus post Luton, but yes he was critical. We know Wilder is always honest when it comes to criticism of the players in the press, it's never been his way to not say what he really thinks. Hecky had a different approach but that certainly wasn't working so I'm ok with Wilder giving them a kick up the arse publicly because let's be reyt he'll have said far worse to them in the dressing room anyway.

It was still a decent performance, we gifted them three goals. The second one was arguably the most crucial and I'm sorry to Robbo but he's got the shirt of the Luton players as much as vice versa and he's just collapsed to easily under the challenge there. Robbo has had a fantastic season but oh for a Chris Morgan type header in that situation, we've not got one defender who is commanding in the air sadly. That needs changing asap.

On the fitness side as some have said we're not fit enough, I don't think it's unusual for teams to sub players from 60 minutes onwards for fresh legs, our problem is our bench just isn't good enough to bring on a similar quality player so that's probably a factor as to why in the last ten minutes or so that we concede goals because the team is not as good as it was at the start personal wise. Hamer has been carrying an injury remember which is probably why he was subbed but as soon as he went off we were much weaker.

Slimane, Traore, Brewster, Larouci, Osborn and the experienced due of Norwood and Fleck are not as good as who they replace although Slimane has shown promise. Any successful team brings on players who are able to make a difference even if they're not as good as the starting eleven. We rarely can do this. Osula is the exception because he's going to be a quality player and even as raw as he is he is making a difference.

We're just too weak a squad to compete, the goalkeeper situation is another example. Hopefully Wilder can wheel and deal a few transfers just yo freshen things up a little.

Was Larouchi injured? I know many were critical but I thought he was pretty good v Villa and stopped many crosses coming in and would have him miles in front of Lowe who rarely stops any crosses and needs to find another club.
Osbourne would've been a much better option than Lowe there..

Are you being serious?
The Luton match was generally entertaining and competitive, reminded me of 2 good teams in the Championship.
We crossed the half way against Luton, had loads of attacks, plenty of shots.
That's all I ask for. If we lose that at least give it a go, go down fighting. Their goals were all gifts.

The Luton match was night and day better than anything this season under Hecky.
We weren't great but we were decent/ acceptable, I'm OK with that. On another we win that match.
So many players are now playing much better, Vini Souza, Archer, McAtee, Bogle all look like they know what they're doing.

Name me any other match under Hecky where we've played like that and I'll post the in-game data/ stats to prove your point.
I'll help you out.....there hasn't been one.

I wish we could afford Barkley! Chris Wood for £100k a week might have been an idea as well.

Pay for themselves if we stay up.
It's no use talking in that kind of language HB, they just don't get it.

Sheffield United's method of buying players is the same as if they had to buy a new office wardrobe. They'd be looking in the second hand store for the old MFI stuff that someone has dumped, not only that but they'd insist on getting the cheapest one in the second hand store and reject the help of the agent that owns the store, they'd buy one that has got a great big scratch through it and a rickety door that doesn't fit properly, because they can easily fix it up and get the best out of it once the madman manager screams and bawls at it a few times.

When the door eventually falls off (after it's been used between two and six times) they'd be on the look out for another and go back to the second hand store again with the same list of criteria and have to pay someone to take the broken wardrobe off their hands.

It's no use talking in that kind of language HB, they just don't get it.

Sheffield United's method of buying players is the same as if they had to buy a new office wardrobe. They'd be looking in the second hand store for the old MFI stuff that someone has dumped, not only that but they'd insist on getting the cheapest one in the second hand store and reject the help of the agent that owns the store, they'd buy one that has got a great big scratch through it and a rickety door that doesn't fit properly, because they can easily fix it up and get the best out of it once the madman manager screams and bawls at it a few times.

When the door eventually falls off (after it's been used between two and six times) they'd be on the look out for another and go back to the second hand store again with the same list of criteria and have to pay someone to take the broken wardrobe off their hands.

Shurrup you goth.

Back
Top Bottom