Disgrace.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are knocking on the door. Our keeper has given us confidence that he won't give away goals, so we should at least get a draw

We are knocking on the door. Our keeper has given us confidence that he won't give away goals, so we should at least get a draw
We should be winning today- sold out lane on Boxing Day against Luton, players particularly Wes have let fans down- as they have done all season it’s a disgrace

That defeat was wholey Wilders fault. He should never have changed the shape of the team from Villa. He underestimated Luton and thought he could attack them. The Villa set up would have won today, probably 1 0.

That defeat was wholey Wilders fault. He should never have changed the shape of the team from Villa. He underestimated Luton and thought he could attack them. The Villa set up would have won today, probably 1 0.

They literally barely had a shot all game.

Wilder said they had learnt nothing from that Villa equalizer.

Maybe. But do you really think a Bramall Lane crowd would accept 10 behind the ball at home to Luton? We hold on 2-1 and Wilder gets praise for a technical switch at halftime. Luton got huge slices of luck at crucial times, it happens. However, we badly need to upgrade critical components of the defence.

I’ve just listened to Wilders interview. Omg he’s talking absolute nonsense. Blaming the players for everything, when it’s totally his fault for screwing up the shape of the defence. He chose to go without a left back, then blames the team for not covering the left side. Slating off the team in public is disgraceful. He needs to take the blame in public and sort it behind closed doors. Todays performance was as bad as most under Hecky.

I’ve just listened to Wilders interview. Omg he’s talking absolute nonsense. Blaming the players for everything, when it’s totally his fault for screwing up the shape of the defence. He chose to go without a left back, then blames the team for not covering the left side. Slating off the team in public is disgraceful. He needs to take the blame in public and sort it behind closed doors. Todays performance was as bad as most under Hecky.

Our xG for the game shows were the team most likely to score. He is right the defence just backed off for some bizarre reason.

Unfortunately mate much as I rate wilder he got everything wrong today,so agree with you

We get it you still aren't over Wilder leaving first time round. Stinking result. Hecky left his mark on these players. They’ve got very little bottle, and are nowhere near talented enough to begin with. Wilder is absolutely bang on with his comments though, such avoidable goals.

Shape was wrong which is fine if you change it. Wilder did at half time which clearly showed he got it wrong. We then go 2-1 and he changes it. Poor from him today did me. By all means blame players but look in the mirror as well. Been he before so let see has he learnt.

We opened up and played all of our ball players with the exception of Trusty who was there for his height and physicality. Unfortunately our players don't have the fitness required to play two games in a week meaning we had nowt on the bench as they all started We have 60 minute players at the best of times. This was despite the day advantage btw.

Luton are tall, fast, aggressive, organised fit and they cover space well. They're also good at set pieces at both ends. Gutted tonight but we got what we deserved tbh.

Shape was wrong which is fine if you change it. Wilder did at half time which clearly showed he got it wrong. We then go 2-1 and he changes it. Poor from him today did me. By all means blame players but look in the mirror as well. Been he before so let see has he learnt.
I’m conflicted on this. How many times did we get in front then retreat like cowards under Hecky? I think Wilder wanted to keep us on the front foot. It didn’t work but in general, I prefer braver football

I wish we could afford Barkley! Chris Wood for £100k a week might have been an idea as well.

Pay for themselves if we stay up.
Those are the kind of signings that only work if they're joining a young, energetic, highly organised squad who know exactly what they're doing...

None of those adjectives can be used to describe us!

We opened up and played all of our ball players with the exception of Trusty who was there for his height and physicality. Unfortunately our players don't have the fitness required to play two games in a week meaning we had nowt on the bench. We have 60 minute players at the best of times. This was despite the day advantage

Luton are tall, fast, aggressive, organised and cover space well. They're also good at set pieces at both ends. Gutted tonight but we got what we deserved tbh.
Don't forget we had an extra night's sleep to recover too!! To look so sluggish and flat by comparison, tells us all we need to know.

We need to spend the upcoming break at the Lance Armstrong EPO Wellness Centre....

So its Wilders fault that Max Lowe makes zero effort to stop a cross coming in? Or when the ball goes out of the box our defenders don't bother pushing out?

Didnt he make the tactical switch when he realised he had got it wrong which meant we dominated and scored twice? What he cannot legislate for is his playing switching off, losing their heads and sheer huge slices of hard luck! Luton got the rub of the green but believe me, they will be coming back to the Lane next season, in the Champ and without Edwards (who I think will end up at Palace)

Fucking diabolical 1st half.

With respect that is bollocks! 😀

Luton are tall, fast, aggressive, organised fit and they cover space well. They're also good at set pieces at both ends.
Essentially they've got the basics spot on. They knew what was required in the premier league and theyve got it. Granted the players don't have the additional talent required and therefore will still get relegated, but they've got the attributes that at least make them competitive.

Those are the kind of signings that only work if they're joining a young, energetic, highly organised squad who know exactly what they're doing...

None of those adjectives can be used to describe us!
You’re probably right, I’d like to think that they could help bring some of the young lads on though.

and can’t blame it on the budget difference this time.
But you can blame recruitment.

They went out and signed premier league experience, a decent goalkeeper & strengthened their defence.

We tried to sign players who have a hidden talent & that nobody else wanted. Then panicked when we realised we were miles off it and signed Archer, Hamer & Tom Davies

We weren't bad, just not good enough. It takes all 11 playing at or above the level that they have ever played before, no glaring errors, a bit of luck and maybe we can compete. Anything less, we get today's result.

Back
Top Bottom