Retained/Released/Sold list - guesses

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Ahmedhodzic - sold
Vinicius Souza - sold
Norwood - released
McAtee - loan expire
Larouci - loan expire
Baldock - sold
Brewster - possibly sold
Brereton-Diaz - loan expire
McBurnie - released
Foderingham - released
Grbic - sold
Holgate - loan expire
Tom Davies - mutual termination close to end of summer window
Archer - sold
Peck - released
Slimane - sold

Osborn - new deal
Bogle - new deal
Robinson - new deal
Jebbison - new deal

By my calculations, we'll have 16 players to replace in some way shape or form.

I'm losing a lot of sleep about Norwood and Lowe. I'm worried we'll retain them. What we do with these 2 will indicate the direction we're going in. They're the 2 we could be tempted to keep, but really need to be moved on

Anel, Souza, Slimane and Traore will go but I don't expect us to receive a satisfying total for them - less than Anel's release clause, for sure

We'll manoeuvre Grbic out of the door somehow. Maybe to a Croatian club? A nice million plus loss in 6 months, to go with all the goals he cost us. Great stuff

McBurnie staying is now about 60/40 IMO

I'm losing a lot of sleep about Norwood and Lowe. I'm worried we'll retain them. What we do with these 2 will indicate the direction we're going in. They're the 2 we could be tempted to keep, but really need to be moved on

Anel, Souza, Slimane and Traore will go but I don't expect us to receive a satisfying total for them - less than Anel's release clause, for sure

We'll manoeuvre Grbic out of the door somehow. Maybe to a Croatian club? A nice million plus loss in 6 months, to go with all the goals he cost us. Great stuff

Bumped into Norwood outside the Lane over a month ago and he openly admitted that he was being released. Hope that makes you sleep easier, Hamandcheese!

Both to be released alongside Basham who isnt on the list
Egan new deal

Brewster - possibly sold
No one is signing this chump unless we pay them to.
There’s no chance he’s giving up 2 years of his 3 year contract or even a portion of it. He’ll stay.
Potential to be the next Rooney, turned out to be Franny Jeffers
Brewster would kill for Jeffers’ career, he’ll end up playing on Stanley Park for a pub team unless his agent employs Jedi mind tricks at the end of his contract.

Ahmedhodzic - sold
Vinicius Souza - sold
Norwood - released
McAtee - loan expire
Larouci - loan expire
Baldock - sold
Brewster - possibly sold
McBurnie - released
Foderingham - released
Grbic - sold
Holgate - loan expire
Archer - sold
Peck - released
Slimane - sold

Osborn - new deal
Bogle - new deal
Robinson - new deal
Jebbison - new deal

I dread to think who we will sign with 10 quid in the kitty . A lot off the wage bill should be a good opportunity to clear the decks but i worry what the transfer kitty will be and please buy some quality rather than just trying to make the numbers up by buying quantity crap and hospital cases .

All I'll say is if you think we've played the kids a fair bit this term, just wait until you see our starting 11 come August...

Ahmedhodzic - sold
Vinicius Souza - sold
Norwood - released
McAtee - loan expire
Larouci - loan expire
Baldock - sold
Brewster - possibly sold
McBurnie - released
Foderingham - released
Grbic - sold
Holgate - loan expire
Archer - sold
Peck - released
Slimane - sold

Osborn - new deal
Bogle - new deal
Robinson - new dea
Jebbison - new deal

Selling Anel and Vini could turn out to be profitable. Brewster will stay as will Peck and Slimane. Rest I agree will probably happen.

All I'll say is if you think we've played the kids a fair bit this term, just wait until you see our starting 11 come August...

We are likely to have the youngest average age in the division.

When Brewster gets injured in pre season Osula and Either Marsh or One‘ leading the line day one.

We went into this season with Osula leading the line, it's only natural we'll go into next season with One leading the line...

Good one 🤣

No chance. He's on a three year deal.

Why? He's almost ready to make the step up.

Peck seemingly vanished from selection for u21s after being a main player most of the season?

I think Wilder will only look to retain McBurnie, Bogle, Osborn and Egan. All the loan players will be gone and tbh I’d be happy with that. Norwood and Baldock have been top draw for us but their time has come. My gut feeling is that McBurnie will go to Rangers.

I can’t see Anel and Souza being here in August. Again, fine with that.

The worries are losing Hamer and Blaster, obviously. We are stuck with Brewster and Tom Davies unfortunately.

Peck seemingly vanished from selection for u21s after being a main player most of the season? Mac
Macedo has disappeared as well.
Coincidence or due to some other (alleged) reason?🤔

I think it's feasible the squad next year will look like this:
Bogle 1 year option
Robinson 1 year left
RND 1 year extension for low wages
Hamer (unless someone stumps up 15m+)
Arblaster (again unless someone stumps up similar)
Brooks
Osborn new contract
Davies
Brewster
Osula
Jebbo (if he signs)
Supported by those fringe youth players

I can see Grbic, Souza, Traore and Slimane all being sent out on loan as I don't think anyone will want to stump up a transfer fee and we will just want someone to cover their wages and a small loan fee.

Anel should fetch a fee and Archer will be bought back by Villa.

Egan and Mcburnie I think Wilder will want to keep but I think they will leave for fresh starts. The rest all released/back to parent club.

Knowone is buying Brewster and there is no incentive for Davies to terminate his contract. I suspect we will keep Slimane and try and move on Traore ( whether we are successful or not I don't know). Probably continuing to loan out Coulibaly. I don't know there is an issue with Sadie Peck ? I would have thought he was staying. I think Wilder will want to keep Bogle ( already said he is a key player for next year) and McBurnie ( no comment), but not in his hands, we have an option on Bogle, but the policy has been clear off he doesn't sign a new deal and is in the last year of his contract. Others I think are correct. If they don't mind accepting a bit less than they would like for Grbic and Souza ( perhaps getting a decent sell on in the deal), decent fees for Anel and Archer ( if I understand that arrangement correctly), maybe a little for Traore and a compo fee for Jebbo if he goes, some potential sell on from DCL and Ramsdale. It's not impossible to imagine we might bring in a decent pot for once. I would rather we get a lower than ideal fee and have some cash available to bring in the new players we need, rather than just stringing out unwanted players on loans for the year, in the hope it will bump their value up a bit.

THB We have put up with Brewster for so long , he's got to come good soon ffs , just our luck to get rid and start banging goals in , so lets risk ONE more season on him !!!!

Back
Top Bottom