Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never seen him play- but just looking at his physique in that picture- I'd swap him for McBurnie.

He can't be worse and probably would be twice as fast..

The current rules for player registration are absolutely mad. It's so difficult to get a work permit for non-European players. It really restricts opportunities for some talented players, particularly from Africa and South America. Hopefully it'll change. Having an energetic, athletic, goal scoring midfielder out on loan, seems more than a little annoying at the moment.

Not saying he's ready for the Premier league, but surely he'd be a good addition to the squad. No chance under current restrictions though.

The way things are going we might never get the chance to see him in a Blades shirt!
From the top of the Belgian league to a team looking destined for the Championship......Frankly it’s never going to happen.

I see a lot of people excited about maybe having Coulibaly playing for us next season.

What's the admiration come from? Is there a YouTube video? Has he done well at Beerschot?

The hype and lack of substance seems very Diego Di Giralamo mk2.

I see a lot of people excited about maybe having Coulibaly playing for us next season.

What's the admiration come from? Is there a YouTube video? Has he done well at Beerschot?

Stick his name in youtube and have a watch, he looks alright to me nowt special

Could say their's alot of hype at the minute, but who knows?
N'Diaye
Hackford
Ayari

I think it’s more down to being wank this season, any sort of positivity is going to be desperately clung onto.

He started the season at beerschot very well for a player his age but I think has faded like the rest of the team after their manager left. He’s a decent box to box player for his age and would probably be currently doing a better job than Lundstram. There was reported interest from AC Milan in January which was rebuffed and he’s way ahead of any our home grown midfield prospects based on the amount of men’s football he’s played and the level he’s played at. If a work permit could be secured I’d imagine there would be a squad role available for him to slot into next season given our glaring need in that area. He’s not the messiah but given the fee we paid and the level of performance he’s produced so far it looks a very shrewd piece of business by United.

Can he get a work permit here? No.

Ask again once he has a dozen caps for his country. Until then it’s a non starter.
If we become a licensed sponsor like other businesses he probably could get a work permit.

Can he get a work permit here? No.

Ask again once he has a dozen caps for his country. Until then it’s a non starter.
I keep seeing people argue about this subject. But why does Bettis keep saying that we can have him here whenever we want? Say if we couldnt as most people argue (regarding work permit) how would the the board/ceo benefit by saying otherwise?

I keep seeing people argue about this subject. But why does Bettis keep saying that we can have him here whenever we want?

Might be wrong, but I took that to mean there's no logistical issues over him changing from being a Beerschot player to being a United player. Eligibility in this country would be a different matter.

If we become a licensed sponsor like other businesses he probably could get a work permit.

I think the complication, as I understand it, is it’s a combination of the sponsorship scheme and a points eligibility system (the “GBE”). The latter when explained to me it is a rather convoluted algorithm based on international appearances, youth international appearances, the quality of the league you are coming from and the number of appearances in that league. I stand to be corrected though as someone will be more up to speed with it.

I trust the architects of our United World approach have had these rules at the forefront of their thinking! Otherwise the ROI would presumably be higher in pumping cash into getting the Academy up to the top level, if competing for young, domestic talent is a more attainable source of players & player sales income.

Last edited:
I think the complication is I understand it is a combination of the sponsorship scheme and a points eligibility system (the “GBE”). The latter when explained to me it is a rather convoluted algorithm based on international appearances, youth international appearances, the quality of the league you are coming from and the number of appearances in that league. I stand to be corrected though as someone will be more up to speed with it.

I trust the architects of our United World approach have had these rules at the forefront of their thinking! Otherwise the ROI would presumably be higher in pumping cash into getting the Academy up to the top level, if competing for young, domestic talent is a more attainable source of players & player sales income.
I think united and a few other teams (ac Milan) have caught on this last year that Norway is a market which offers some real value for money and I wouldn’t be surprised if we dip into it again this summer. Taking aside that argument as to whether it’s a good idea to spend that capital on it united world offers a bit of a pathway now from chateroux to beerschot to United each time making a step up and getting the first team football which would put players front and centre for those vital youth international caps hopefully it works out that way.

AC Milan sniffing
He might as well go there to be honest.
We'd only ruin him by sticking him on the wing or somewhere

I think united and a few other teams (ac Milan) have caught on this last year that Norway is a market which offers some real value for money and I wouldn’t be surprised if we dip into it again this summer. Taking aside that argument as to whether it’s a good idea to spend that capital on it united world offers a bit of a pathway now from chateroux to beerschot to United each time making a step up and getting the first team football which would put players front and centre for those vital youth international caps hopefully it works out that way.

I think Belgium’s top division is a second tier level in the GBE, so yes players from Chateauroux would shift there presumably to accrue the necessary points.

I’m crossing everything that this system works and solves our problems.

I think Belgium’s top division is a second tier level in the GBE, so yes players from Chateauroux would shift there presumably to accrue the necessary points.

I’m crossing everything that this system works and solves our problems.
Yeah plus it gives us the chance to get less developed players from abroad and send them to chateroux. Beerschot playing at the level they are means they need a relatively finished article in terms of player we couldn’t have picked up a 17 year old for example and sent them there this summer and have them get minutes.

Back
Top Bottom