United away in the Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Since we were relegated under Bassett in 1994 our goalscoring record in the Premier League has been atrocious. This is our fourth season in the Premier League since then and we have played 67 away games. Of those we have failed to score in 32 of them, scored one goal in 31 of those away games and only in four games have we scored two. We've not scored above two.
To compare, Bournemouth have scored two or more in all their last four away games, equaling our record in 67!
Surely we need to be a bit more adventurous (I'll forgive today because it's Man City)?
The super four where we scored two away are:
2019: 2-2 at Chelsea
2019: 2-0 at Everton
2019: 2-1 at Norwich
2021: 2-1 at Man Utd.

And we scored two at Everton whilst only having one shot on target

Style, creativity, skill, vision, fitness and athleticism would change those statistics, but the powers that be have decided we don't need any of that shit
I wasn't going to make the thread even more depressing by posting that! 😃

I wasn't going to make the thread even more depressing by posting that! 😃
Leave it to me 1973
I don't mind getting the brunt of it all from the blind clapping monkeys, it's quite funny to watch them defend this shit week after week without realising we get none of the above player attributes because of their accepting, surrender monkeying

Thread of the year without doubt truly summing up the very essence of being a Sheff Utd fan
Yes, it's our fans fault though, apparently not singing daft songs and falling into a comatose state whilst watching us is not conducive to helping the team.

The clappers wish everyone was supportive and believe stupid songs sung about having no barrels of money, but having Woodward and Currie is a great help to the team.

I must say, our very loud and noisy support worked wonders in the past when it sent us all the way to Division Four, and made us spend eleven seasons in Division Three.

Since we were relegated under Bassett in 1994 our goalscoring record in the Premier League has been atrocious. This is our fourth season in the Premier League since then and we have played 67 away games. Of those we have failed to score in 32 of them, scored one goal in 31 of those away games and only in four games have we scored two. We've not scored above two.
To compare, Bournemouth have scored two or more in all their last four away games, equaling our record in 67!
Surely we need to be a bit more adventurous (I'll forgive today because it's Man City)?

Christ, it’s worse than I thought.

Yes, but it's great fun.
Clapping is the answer, we're still better than Wendy (Unless we meet them in the Cup)
If we clap more and sing dopey songs, bang the cheap tarpaulin shit at the back of the kop next to the disease ridden, stinking bogs everything will be much better.
Fuck me, our fans always moaning, get behind the team and see how much better they will be, clap, clap, clap.

And we scored two at Everton whilst only having one shot on target

Style, creativity, skill, vision, fitness and athleticism would change those statistics, but the powers that be have decided we don't need any of that shit
This was the essence of my "We're an Honest Bunch" thread.

A team full of Jack Robinson's (much as we love him) that have 'a great attitude, 'strong together, 'have fight' is meaningless unless there is a level of skill, creativity & fitness (all of the above you mention actually)

The Club seem to be permanently conditioned to create this sort of squad when we have a Premiership campaign in front of us.

Yes, money is always the decisive factor but yet Luton seem to be far better prepared for this season on less of a budget.

UTB !

Leave it to me 1973
I don't mind getting the brunt of it all from the blind clapping monkeys, it's quite funny to watch them defend this shit week after week without realising we get none of the above player attributes because of their accepting, surrender monkeying
What are you doing to change it then, petal? Other than coming onto a forum treating us all to the spectacle of sand gushing from your vagina like an erupting volcano?

Leave it to me 1973
I haven’t noticed many who are defending our overall situation or play.
To me it is poor and not worth watching but I do feel that Wilder needs the window and time with the players to make a difference. If that makes me a clapping monkey then pass me the cymbals ( you can have them back if it is still poor in February)

We don't or can't or won't afford players that can run past 2 or 3 with the ball at their feet. McAttee is the only player we have in the squad that can do this to an extent, but he really doesn't have any pace to go with it. Maybe Brooks will develop to do it..
A modern day premier league team needs 2 of these on the pitch at all times to carry the ball forwards, and move up the pitch.
Hence our XG creation is about 17 in 20 games. Poorest in the league by a considerable margin.
If we can't don't or won't, buy or develop such players, we need to come up with another crisp one-touch passing style to outmanoeuvre the press, like we had last time we went up.
CW&AK need to come up with something on the training ground to move us up the pitch without such players. They've really not been here long enough to sort it out yet and it may take a season in the champ to drill it in.
Let's give them a fair crack at it.
With no new owner we won't spend enough on players that can dribble.

Yes, but it's great fun.
Clapping is the answer, we're still better than Wendy (Unless we meet them in the Cup)
If we clap more and sing dopey songs, bang the cheap tarpaulin shit at the back of the kop next to the disease ridden, stinking bogs everything will be much better.
Fuck me, our fans always moaning, get behind the team and see how much better they will be, clap, clap, clap.
I sense that following United isn’t making you happy. I wonder if it might improve your general health and well-being to give up and find something else to devote your time and energy to. Not speaking for anybody else, but I wouldn’t mind if you did, in fact there’s plenty on here that should think about doing the same, the amount of vituperation on this board is disproportionately substantial.

still 39 more goals
than wednesday

Bournemouth have also got a net spend of £210 million in the last 2 years.

Illiman and Sander ?

Even with them, last season we only managed 21.8 % possession and one shot on goal against Man City in the cup semi.

Maybe we are actually a mile off the PL and more a mid/upper championship club as history shows.
Under Basset the difference between the PL and championship was considerably lower.

In 30 more PL games than us, Bournemouth have scored more than 100 goals than us.
Ipswich Town have played 15 fewer games than us all time and have scored 17 more times than us.

Illiman and Sander ?

Even with them, last season we only managed 21.8 % possession and one shot on goal against Man City in the cup semi.

Maybe we are actually a mile off the PL and more a mid/upper championship club as history shows.
Under Basset the difference between the PL and championship was considerably lower.
We are a top end championship team, and you are correct we are a mile off the step up but that comes to 1 thing and it's recruitment.

Every season we have been promoted the strategy and recruitment as been that of a championship side not a premier league side, obviously that comes down to our owners and having no money to compete/ willingness to contemplate a bigger wage structure to attract the better free agents.

Said it before and will say it again, the scouting network and recruitment side needs a massive shake up.

How much is Manchester United wage bill?

According to The Times, Manchester United's wage bill last season was set at 432.5 million euros. They are followed by Liverpool (412.1m euros) and Manchester City (398.7m euros). For their part, Tottenham Hotspur invested 235.3m euros in wages, followed by city rivals Arsenal with 232m euros.2 Mar 2023

If anyone knows someone prepared to 'invest' (loose) a couple of hundred million per season on the team wages, please post their contact details below.

This was the essence of my "We're an Honest Bunch" thread.

A team full of Jack Robinson's (much as we love him) that have 'a great attitude, 'strong together, 'have fight' is meaningless unless there is a level of skill, creativity & fitness (all of the above you mention actually)

The Club seem to be permanently conditioned to create this sort of squad when we have a Premiership campaign in front of us.

Yes, money is always the decisive factor but yet Luton seem to be far better prepared for this season on less of a budget.

UTB !
This season in the Prem is once again highlighting how badly the club has been run.
We’re seeing the massive contrast between modern teams in modern stadiums with emphasis on providing value to the consumer.
At BDTBL even basic stuff like the food and drink on offer is appalling. You’d think that would be a quick fix with a moderate investment in facilities and sourcing a quality provider.
But it’s always been that way so better get used to it.
In fact if you want an authentic 1970’s experience the Lane is the place to go.
Maybe us Blades wouldn’t want it any other way….

This season in the Prem is once again highlighting how badly the club has been run.
We’re seeing the massive contrast between modern teams in modern stadiums with emphasis on providing value to the consumer.
At BDTBL even basic stuff like the food and drink on offer is appalling. You’d think that would be a quick fix with a moderate investment in facilities and sourcing a quality provider.
But it’s always been that way so better get used to it.
In fact if you want an authentic 1970’s experience the Lane is the place to go.
Maybe us Blades wouldn’t want it any other way….
I can only comment on the food and drink in the SS and I think it is fine for a football ground.
For every modern stadium that enhances the match day there is at least one which doesn’t so be careful what you wish for unless you think that the Reading stadium is great (although their food is excellent)

Back
Top Bottom