Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can he get a work permit here? No.

Ask again once he has a dozen caps for his country. Until then it’s a non starter.
Don’t think he’s as far off as you seem to be suggesting, in fact I think he’s quite easily in.
He gets 10 points for playing in the Belgian league for one match .
A couple more for being a youth player and his youth international caps. I’ve not gone through it in full detail but it looks cut and dry, and that’s without them getting into Europe.

Last edited:
Don’t think he’s as far off as you seem to be suggesting, in fact I think he’s quite easily in.
He gets 10 points for playing in the Belgian league for one match .
A couple more for being a youth player and his youth international caps. I’ve not gone through it in full detail but it looks cut and dry, and that’s without them getting into Europe.
Also, providing he can pass the basic English language test he will easily get a work permit.

Also, providing he can pass the basic English language test he will easily get a work permit.
My concern would be if he’s ready, but he can’t be worse than Lunny currently and he’s certainly further along than the kids in the squad who we’re being told to throw in.
Reckon they’ll need to go out on loan for a season or two.

AC Milan sniffing
He might as well go there to be honest.
We'd only ruin him by sticking him on the wing or somewhere
Wing ! what is a wing ? remember a kid called Woodward and the mention of wing somewhere in the past.

Never said it did, hes our player but he needs an EU / Belgian passport until that arrives he will stop in Belgium

Actually wondered about that because we are not in the EU so have the rules changed ?

Thought he was unable to play for us due to work permit restrictions hence the 3 year loan?

Thought he was unable to play for us due to work permit restrictions hence the 3 year loan?
The Beerschot loan is probably as much to do with Coulibaly being seen as having the potential but being nowhere near ready to play Premier League football as anything.

The Beerschot loan is probably as much to do with Coulibaly being seen as having the potential but being nowhere near ready to play Premier League football as anything.

3 year loan and a 4 year conteact

be peak Sheffield united to bring him back for the 4th year and he turns out to be a world beater and he goes on a free

Might be wrong, but I took that to mean there's no logistical issues over him changing from being a Beerschot player to being a United player. Eligibility in this country would be a different matter.

I'd usually agree with that but weren't Bettis' exact words "if CW wanted him he'd be on the 1st plane over"?

Why state that if there is no chance of him getting a WP as he's our player so in theory I'm quite sure we could recall him at any point but it's pointless unless we can play him.

I'd usually agree with that but weren't Bettis' exact words "if CW wanted him he'd be on the 1st plane over"?

Why state that if there is no chance of him getting a WP as he's our player so in theory I'm quite sure we could recall him at any point but it's pointless unless we can play him.
By the criteria listed we can bring him in whenever we like.

That criteria is based on last completed season, so not this season.
Not sure of your point?
Yes it’s going to be reviewed each season but it’s the closest we’ve got of any sort of indication and by that criteria he’s easily in.
Of course they could rip it all up but it’s highly likely the criteria for 21/22 will be similar.

Thinking about this last night, and accepting all the obvious blockers, but our midfield could move from Norwood, Lunny and Fleck this season to Berge, Coulibaly, and Mowatt next and for no significant additional investment.
That’s not to say we’ll keep Berge; Coulibaly is good enough and Mowatt would come, but it shows how quickly and efficiently our midfield squad could be rejuvenated.
Given the available loans, I’d again suggest we’re not the terminal case some are suggesting. We just can’t afford another ineffective transfer window.

I can think of a few home-grown players who should be made to take the same test!

Very odd him adding a screenshot of an article linking him to Celtic and adding the 🙏🏾 emoji.

Especially given the author of the article blatantly states it’s just somebody he knows of and there’s been no official link.

2B9F9845-24FF-4F31-8DF6-7C3D803C5552.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't Scotland have the same rules regarding a work permit as England?

Or does he already have a work permit?

Back
Top Bottom