CONFIRMED Conor Sammon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Westran

Reaction score
Heard this one a few times now, couldn't see a thread on here though. Posted on twitter by @soccer_sauce in light of Gallagher arriving at Pride Park

I thought about him again last night when Chris Martin scored.

He seems to be well down the pecking order now with Bamford, Dawkins, Bennett, Martin and Rusell ahead of him now. Ward can even play there if needed.

Only ever prolific in Scotland, 11 goals in 93 appearances in England, check YouTube and all you find is a string of missed penalties - he'll fit in just fine!

Anyone ever seen him play?

Thought that Clough stated he was too similar to Porter and Paynter so he is looking for a different type of player

Thought he'd knocked us back???

Thought that Clough stated he was too similar to Porter and Paynter so he is looking for a different type of player

You mean he is looking for someone who can score goals? :)

Very surprised his name hasn't been mentioned yet.

A lot of Derby fans who i work with seem to think that he will nailed on to come to Bramall Lane at some point. He has rarely featured for Derby since Clough left, and was known to be a big Clough favourite.

I imagine we'll be waiting until after Saturday until Cloughy brings all his Derby players in. The likes of Sammon, Freeman, Ward and Bennett on loan are all apparent targets if you listen to Derby fans. Can't see Ward dropping to league one myself though.

I imagine we'll be waiting until after Saturday until Cloughy brings all his Derby players in. The likes of Sammon, Freeman, Ward and Bennett on loan are all apparent targets if you listen to Derby fans. Can't see Ward dropping to league one myself though.

Ward is an absolute shite. Would be good in this league though.

Ward is an absolute shite. Would be good in this league though.
He is getting on and is too injury probe but agree he would be good in this league on a free, especially seen as he's fallen out with the wolly but got on well with Cloughy.

A lot of Derby fans who i work with seem to think that he will nailed on to come to Bramall Lane at some point. He has rarely featured for Derby since Clough left, and was known to be a big Clough favourite.
10 goals in 83 games for derby and 1 goal in 32 games for wigan,now need i say any more on this crock of shit.

I was going to say he's a rich mans chris porter but that would be doing a disservice to ports tbh

A mate of mine who's as objective a Derby fan as you could hope to meet, says that Conor Sammon isn't a natural goalscorer and he never looks like he'll score, even though he sometimes does. he certainly wouldn't be sad to see him leave, so we should be sad to see him arrive :)

A mate of mine who's as objective a Derby fan as you could hope to meet, says that Conor Sammon isn't a natural goalscorer and he never looks like he'll score, even though he sometimes does. he certainly wouldn't be sad to see him leave, so we should be sad to see him arrive :)

So like a more expensive Porter then?

I'd like him here as the 'hold up' man but not sure we'd able/would want to pay what Derby would ask for him..and he's not really the 20+ goal scorer we need us he?

Didn't Derby pay £1.25 million or summat?

Would he come on loan if Derby go up? Not sure...he's 27 and I would think he'll be looking for a juicy 3 year deal in the Champ???

10 goals in 83 games for derby and 1 goal in 32 games for wigan,now need i say any more on this crock of shit.

I was going to say he's a rich mans chris porter but that would be doing a disservice to ports tbh

Derby generally play him out wide and I understood he was getting good reviews. Your point is right enough on his goalscoring record though.

He can have Porters shirt then

Stannyblade beat me to it

He's been mentioned plenty of times in recent months. Expect the name to crop up more once Derby are finished with the playoffs...

Talking of Derby in the play-offs, just seen this article. It's about W Brett Wilson, a Canadian who is one of Derby's (several) owners. Talking of the play-off final, he says:

'Nigel Clough’s sacking led to McClaren’s arrival last September and his impact has Derby entering a match worth more than £120m in television money alone.

‘It wasn’t until a few days ago that I saw the numbers and went, “What?”’ admits Wilson. ‘I had no idea. It was double what I was expecting. It’s probably the richest game in sport in the world. It certainly doesn’t happen in the NFL, the NHL, the NBA. There is never so much on one game.’

Us in two years? :)

Talking of Derby in the play-offs, just seen this article. It's about W Brett Wilson, a Canadian who is one of Derby's (several) owners. Talking of the play-off final, he says:

'Nigel Clough’s sacking led to McClaren’s arrival last September and his impact has Derby entering a match worth more than £120m in television money alone.

‘It wasn’t until a few days ago that I saw the numbers and went, “What?”’ admits Wilson. ‘I had no idea. It was double what I was expecting. It’s probably the richest game in sport in the world. It certainly doesn’t happen in the NFL, the NHL, the NBA. There is never so much on one game.’

Us in two years? :)

Interesting graf, I had some idea of the riches that await any team who are promoted to the Prem, but with all the other sums to be added on, it's truly astonishing. I've been, and continue to be, a student of good financial housekeeping, but it does add weight to the argument that with everything that's potentially ahead of us, speculating can make the difference. I'm not advocating breaking the bank, or paying wages that aren't sustainable, but it does make me think about what should be considered if we want to make a genuine push for promotion. If only Brayford would take a drop in wages, I mean, what's a few thousand between him and the tax-man?

In all seriousness, the key to our future lies in the hands of Nigel Clough. I think we have a manager who won't rest, or allow others to rest, until we're clear challengers for promotion this season.

In 1992 Sheffield United failed to grasp what the premier league was to become and lost out because of short sighted leadership (Reg wanting his money back and out of football). In our only reappearance at the top table we failed to grasp what the premier league was to become (FOUR years of ridiculous parcachute payments) and ended up where we are.

I love the football pyramid but the day I watch 100m of wages on the pitch in a bid to come 10th in the prem is the day I start watching sheffield club. The £120m play off game is ridiculous. In a way it's with more than winning the premier league.

This one will not go away....

Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough is looking at a deal for Derby County striker Conor Sammon.

The Blades had a bid turned down for the striker in January, however Clough is set to bid once again.

Sammon has been linked with the Blades

Sammon had fallen out of favour under Steve McClaren, with the former Middlesbrough and England manager opting for Patrick Bamford, Johnny Russell or Chris Martin.

Clough signed Sammon from Wigan Athletic in the summer of 2012 for a £1.2 million fee, whilst he was Derby manager.

The 48 year old manager took over the Blades in October, and guided them to a seventh place finish in League One.

Billy Sharp has also been lined with a return to his home town club over the last few days.

What spawned this one again or is it just people leaping to conclusions?
Maybe some journalist has smoked this one out or has he already been canned by Derby?
Not convinced he would be the one to fire us out of the division so I'd be seeing Red if this came to pass rather than being in the Pink about it.
... and before you start I am not going to get too steamed up about it even though I would be gutted at about 9 on a scale of 1-10 if this was to fly.

Plenty more fish in the sea

Fin

What spawned this one again or is it just people leaping to conclusions?
Maybe some journalist has smoked this one out or has he already been canned by Derby?
Not convinced he would be the one to fire us out of the division so I'd be seeing Red if this came to pass rather than being in the Pink about it.
... and before you start I am not going to get too steamed up about it even though I would be gutted at about 9 on a scale of 1-10 if this was to fly.

Plenty more fish in the sea

Fin

Well that's about parr for the coarse for you, Ken!

Anyway, I thought NC preffered Kelts?

If he comes, you could smolt me down with a feather.

Back
Top Bottom