Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep. Him.

Needs a move for both his and the clubs betterment.

If we are cashing in on players in the last year of their contracts, and having proved (as you infer) to be a top top Championship player, clubs should be queuing up.

Shouldn’t they ?

UTB
I'd imagine so yes, was one of best players in League up to his injury. Good player is Oli, mixture between bad luck with injuries and Wilder playing him as a target man.

It would be traumatic for the club, I’m hoping the ownership wouldn’t do that

They better not, although at times I’m beginning to wonder whether the board actually give a fk?

Haven’t paid players bonus’s
A list as long as your arm of players out of contract in 12 months
Leaving Hecky short on the eve of the PL season is virtually guaranteeing relegation.
Hecky performed one minor miracle getting promotion. He won’t perform another

I'd imagine so yes, was one of best players in League up to his injury. Good player is Oli, mixture between bad luck with injuries and Wilder playing him as a target man.
That’s good.

I’ll wait with baited breath to learn how imagine turns in to something a bit more concrete for such a valuable asset that could leave for free in a few short months.

Queuing up !!

UTB

Any interest in any of our other players entering the last year of their contracts (so quite a few then!) ?

Boards appetite to sell aforementioned ??

Cheers.

UTB
Haven’t heard much about outgoings just that we don’t expect anymore major ones

They better not, although at times I’m beginning to wonder whether the board actually give a fk?

A list as long as your arm of players out of contract in 12 months
Leaving Hecky short on the eve of the PL season is virtually guaranteeing relegation.
Hecky performed one minor miracle getting promotion. He won’t perform another
Expect a huge championship rebuild the following season

Does anyone actually believe what rifleman and Elton’s pal say on here?
it is a repeat of other pundits news with their opinions to give the impression that they have unique sources

Not sure that matters? If the bidders meets the owners valuation we’ll sell imo

The usual “player expressed his desire to leave” could well be the stock reason given?
Selling because they’ve offered daft money≠selling because we need to

Not sure that matters? If the bidders meets the owners valuation we’ll sell imo

The usual “player expressed his desire to leave” could well be the stock reason given?
Isn't it enough to be pissed off at actual events ? And not at hypothetical melodramas?

Brentford interested in Akpom, eh? Their recruitment model is something to be admired and envied, isn’t it? They very rarely pick a dud. If they’ve done their homework on Akpom and are definitely interested in him…that’s good enough for me. GERRIMIN!

Brentford interested in Akpom, eh? Their recruitment model is something to be admired and envied, isn’t it? They very rarely pick a dud. If they’ve done their homework on Akpom and are definitely interested in him…that’s good enough for me. GERRIMIN!

If they want him, they'll sign him.

Just watched this - all his goals from last season.

Akpom looks like Billy Sharp in his prime in this video. Most of Akpom's goals are coming from really high quality chances. This maybe shouldn't be a surprise given the influence Wilder and wilderball had on this team last year.

I worry that he may not be what we need as those high quality chances are going to be hard to come by, a pacey strong striker who can run down loose balls may be a better fit.

I’m cautious about such claims. I have no idea how true or sensationalistic the Daily Mails claims are. But as I understand it they went on to say the payments would be made in line with each players contracts. I might wrong but we need to avoid the press causing a frenzy. We are (imo) being targeted to discredit the club and our attempts to conduct business. Can anyone clarify if the club has reneged on paying player bonuses?

Exactly that. Leeds don’t want to sell him but loan him with the option in case they don’t go up.
A loan for Harrison would be great, I’d luv to see him in the red and white.

That’s good.

I’ll wait with baited breath to learn how imagine turns in to something a bit more concrete for such a valuable asset that could leave for free in a few short months.

Queuing up !!

UTB
Why are you like this?

You’re talking Bollox, we’ve held on to all our key players until it was absolutely necessary to sell them.
It wasn't absolutely necessary to sell Berge. That is bollox. It wasn't absolutely necessary to sell Ndiaye. That is bollox.

We always had the option of saying no, go on a free. Whether it was the right or wrong thing to do who knows, we may not have survived anyway, but we certainly would've stood a better chance

Are you intentionally ignoring the blindingly obvious difference between Anel’s contract vs Illy and Berge’s?
No. Do you think it will make an iota of difference if the board decide they don't want an unhappy player on their hands in the hypothetical scenario a bid comes in and Anel makes it known he wants the move?

Why are you like this?
Correct on this matter you mean ?

He’s proved to be a top end Championship striker. Top scorer in a promoted team.

In the last year of his contract. Recent events suggest such top quality players may be prised away from us and at knock down prices.

So seriously, why aren’t they queuing up ?

Genuinely interested.

UTB

No. Do you think it will make an iota of difference if the board decide they don't want an unhappy player on their hands in the hypothetical scenario a bid comes in and Anel makes it known he wants the move?

You are making up a lot of hypotheticals to compare it to a situation that isn’t in any way the same.

You keep saying that essentially because we’ve sold Sander and Illy, we would be forced to sell Anel too.

Their contracts were expiring and they didn’t sign new ones and the club decided they couldn’t afford to let them leave for nothing.

Anel is contracted for 3 more years, whether he wants to leave or not, we can’t be held to ransom by a player who is contracted until 2026.

Back
Top Bottom