Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He ticks a load of boxes and on a 5 year deal, at that age, makes a lot of sense.

Can’t imagine he’s earning £12.5m in the next 5 yrs at Stuttgart so £50k pw aught to be enough.

Better option than Akpom I strongly believe.

We need a marquee signing at the top of the pitch to keep our current #9 as far away from the starting XI as is possible. IMHO.

UTB
I agree with you that he would be a perfect fit. Problem is Florist were quoted £17 million which probably puts him out of our pay grade.

I agree with you that he would be a perfect fit. Problem is Florist were quoted £17 million which probably puts him out of our pay grade.
Or more relevant to this thread, maybe £3m-£5m more than Chuba.

That was my point.

Could be cloud cuckoo land thinking.

UTB

i cant see boro getting 15m for akpom especially as hes in his last year of contract but think any bid of roundabout 12m from any club and they will sell

He ticks a load of boxes and on a 5 year deal, at that age, makes a lot of sense.

Can’t imagine he’s earning £12.5m in the next 5 yrs at Stuttgart so £50k pw aught to be enough.

We need a marquee signing at the top of the pitch to keep our current #9 as far away from the starting XI as is possible. IMHO.

UTB
Guirassy is a level above what we can get

Should have signed him years ago

Guirassy is a level above what we can get

Should have signed him years ago
That might be the case.

BUT.

If we are after Akpom in the £10-£12m bracket, would a few mil more for this lad not make MORE sense.

In my hid, oh yes !

Especially if we could part fund the move from the 30 bob generated from the sale of (answers on a postcard!).

UTB

Last edited:
Lens are a big worry here. It would surely be a more appealing move for him than we'd be, and they've just brought in 43m for their forward Openda, so surely they'll be able to go up to 12m or so for Akpom

Haven’t Boro signed a striker recently, as in last few days

UTB
Our current number 9, who was our joint top goal scorer last season?

Our current number 9, who was our joint top goal scorer last season?
Yep. Him.

Needs a move for both his and the clubs betterment.

If we are cashing in on players in the last year of their contracts, and having proved (as you infer) to be a top top Championship player, clubs should be queuing up.

Shouldn’t they ?

UTB

We shouldn’t go above 8-10.

Realistically he’ll be thirty and worth nothing in a year or two.

On the cheap I’d be happy otherwise we need better. And certainly not for 15m

No more than 8 quid, we may stretch to a tenner.

Not sure if i’ve already posted but he’s definitely not worth £15. That potentially the sane as ndiaye/berge. Personally I think even 8 mill is steep considering he’s only ever achieved that level of goal scoring once.

There must be so many other options at that price outside of the champ and at a better age.

Akpom today turned down another new deal at Boro. Ajax, Lens, Bayer Leverkusen, Brentford, palace and Blades all want to sign him. We had a package agreed in principle but it’s now been scrapped due to the amount of interest with Lens bidding what was agreed with us last week to the penny. Boro now want a bidding war for him which I think will be in our favour but our budget has to stretch for 3 more incomings and we don’t foresee anymore major outgoings. Player ideally wants to stay in England and play in the premier league and we are the only English team to formally make an approach.

Akpom today turned down another new deal at Boro. Ajax, Lens, Bayer Leverkusen, Brentford, palace and Blades all want to sign him. We had a package agreed in principle but it’s now been scrapped due to the amount of interest with Lens bidding what was agreed with us last week to the penny. Boro now want a bidding war for him which I think will be in our favour but our budget has to stretch for 3 more incomings and we don’t foresee anymore major outgoings. Player ideally wants to stay in England and play in the premier league and we are the only English team to formally make an approach.
We've got no chance against that lot! Makes sense for £8m but above that i have serious doubts

Also if Boro accepted our initial package, were we not in negotiations with Akpom?

Back
Top Bottom