Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was just looking at results around Europe and see Akpom was an unused sub again, can’t get a game for love nor money for a team bottom of the league.

What’s happened to Ajax btw 😳

IMG_9176.jpeg

Would be a sensible loan signing in January.

Would redress the obvious gap in the squad.

We ummed and ahed but for an extra 10m we could have had a ready made strike force with chemistry.

All seems a bit penny wise and pound foolish in hindsight.

If Akpom still isn't playing in January you'd think he'll almost definitely come here on loan. Would probably only come down to our owner's willingness to fund it.

People saying "loan in January", are we really going to be in a place where spending cash on a loan fee and presumably some wages on a temporary striker will actually make the slightest bit of difference as to whether we stay up or not? I mean if it's dirt cheap and we're within touching distance of 19th then spending something to have a better shot at an extra ~£2m or whatever it is in merit payments might be worth it I guess

There's no point in bringing in someone like Akpom. Money down the drain at this stage. We have no plan of getting the ball to the top of the pitch.
Loans don't seem a good idea.

I'd look to replace Egan though. We're going to need to anyway as he's out of contract soon and injured. A good replacement now helps us be competitive this season and future proofs us.

Unless there's a drastic upturn between now and January, it would be like the Jesse Lingard situation all over again. Would he make us better? Probably? Would it keep us up? Certainly not, so why spend the money.

Unless there's a drastic upturn between now and January, it would be like the Jesse Lingard situation all over again. Would he make us better? Probably? Would it keep us up? Certainly not, so why spend the money.

Depends on how much money it is, doesn't it? There's about a 4.5m difference between finishing 18th and finishing 20th. If we knew we were 100% guaranteed to finish bottom without Akpom, 100% guaranteed to not finish bottom with Akpom, and 100% guaranteed to get relegated regardless, then we'd be perfectly justified in bunging Ajax, say, a million quid loan fee and contribute 30 grand a week towards wages. That's oversimplifying the maths for sure just to make it simple, but any move we make in the JTW shouldn't be automatically shot down because "going down anyway why bother"

Fair enough he didn't play under Ajax's last manager, but who's to say he'll be out of favour with the new one?
We won't need him by then anyways - Osula and Jebbo will be fit by then and both on 10 goals a piece ;)

Fair enough he didn't play under Ajax's last manager, but who's to say he'll be out of favour with the new one?
We won't need him by then anyways - Osula and Jebbo will be fit by then and both on 10 goals a piece ;)
what have you been drinking :)

The most disappointing point of the close season not getting Akpom and Doyle, those 2 with what we got would have given us a fighting chance.

Still gutted about it… if there’s any chance of a loan then we need to get them him in.

Look, if we are at where it looks we will be at in January….less than 5 points….then I don’t think the prince will be looking at spending a penny!!
He will be looking at lining up the couple of player sales ready for the season in the champ and hoping to god whoever the manager is at the time tows the party line again.
Worrying…we won’t have a player like Ndiaye to save us. Just the crap we got in this summer lingering about.

There's no point in bringing in someone like Akpom. Money down the drain at this stage. We have no plan of getting the ball to the top of the pitch.
Loans don't seem a good idea.

I'd look to replace Egan though. We're going to need to anyway as he's out of contract soon and injured. A good replacement now helps us be competitive this season and future proofs us.

If Utd are within touching distance of survival in Jan, both a CB and CF would be required. A better GK is also required but I assume that will have to wait until next summer.

Glad we missed him the first time and it's still a no from me. Just watched his brace from the weekend he won't get those opportunities in the Prem, there were however some very classy players with both Ajax and Heerenveen.

Back
Top Bottom