CONFIRMED Calvert-Lewin sold to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That's if Wilder rates him.

He scored 8 on loan, which to us looks like a successful spell.

Yet when it came to renewing he decided not to.

This will be an interesting one. A million for someone who might not be a million pound player. A player who is currently behind Sharp, Adams, Done, McNulty plus whichever target man we sign.

Worth sticking with or can 1m help us kick in elsewhere?

He's got to be a lot stronger and potent to not be considering 1m for your 6th choice striker potentially.

If there is a crumb of truth to this he is as good as gone, McCabe wont turn down £1m for a largely unproven player, (see Jordan Slew). Not sure it would be a good move for DCL though with thechoice of first team football at BDTBL or potentially disappearing within Evertons U21 set up...

Mmmm this is more of a difficult one as said above

DCL obviously has something about him and I would love to see him develop into a good player at BL, but with the situation we find ourselves in, can we afford to wait?

If the money was guaranteed to be given to Wilder, then there's an argument for, but as is the usual case with these things, the fee will have already been spent on McFadz bla bla and off it goes down that great big fkin black hole

If true get shut, Wilder didn't seem to particularly rate him at Northampton as he was sub a lot of the time and he's definitely not a first choice striker. Problem is we know the money won't be reinvested...see Harry for evidence as we still haven't got a decent centre half in since he went

I'm yet to see enough of him to see whether he's going to make much of a career with us, but it's certainly possible he'd continue to develop. To be honest, Slew showed more in that 6 months or so he played, and we snapped Blackburn's hand off.

Reality is, we're largely fine up front bar a big powerful striker (which DCL isn't) and need to start recruiting elsewhere. If selling DCL frees us fees for three more, then I say go for it.

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he should be a regular in our team. If Everton offer a million I think we should accept.

If he is that valuable then we shouldn't be considering buying Clarke and using that money to improve other areas of the team

Maybe he is seen as a future midfield player.
I seem to recall some debate in the past about where he might be best suited as a player, as he's neither lightening quick or natural finisher, yet is athletic and strong and will work hard, and he isn't a bag of tricks that takes players on for fun, but can beat a man and pass.

So he might have had games up front while young and developing his game, but his future might be seen in the "number 10" role or sitting in midfield.

I would like us to have a season with him in the first team squad and see where he goes before we jump I and snap the hands off whoever might want to take a punt on him but has clearly seen something us fans haven't!

Dissenting view and all but in a world where Christian Benteke is worth £31.5m, Odion Ighalo £38m and Troy Deeney (Troy Deeney!!) £30m and given that Everton have a new billionaire owner and will get a minimum of £170m this season, we'd be mad to take anything less than £3m for DCL.

Dissenting view and all but in a world where Christian Benteke is worth £31.5m, Odion Ighalo £38m and Troy Deeney (Troy Deeney!!) £30m and given that Everton have a new billionaire owner and will get a minimum of £170m this season, we'd be mad to take anything less than £3m for DCL.

Agreed ..... plus a 20% sell on clause just in case.

However ...... with the numpties we have on our side of the negotiating table :tumbleweed:

I look forward to the friendly match with Everton next season :eek:

UTB & FTP

I'd rather sell Adams.

DCL could prove to be a very good player, Adams has shown enough to suggest he won't be.

Whoever we sell though, a 20% minimum sell on clause should be a non negotiable requirement.

Hi,

Don't post very much at all but just thought I would chuck my information in.

Wilder doesn't rate him. I know this for a fact!

1 million is good money for him. Seen him a few times last season and he certainly isn't ready for first team football at the lane. We could get 2/
3 players in who are ready for it with that money.

UTB

If we sell, mccabe will get hammered on here, even if it is 5 million, I cannot see any truth in this though, a million? The premier league teams must have more money than...............

If he is that valuable then we shouldn't be considering buying Clarke and using that money to improve other areas of the team

This for me, use the money on areas we are in the most need like Centre Half for example.

Hi,

Don't post very much at all but just thought I would chuck my information in.

Wilder doesn't rate him. I know this for a fact!

1 million is good money for him. Seen him a few times last season and he certainly isn't ready for first team football at the lane. We could get 2/
3 players in who are ready for it with that money.

UTB

Sounds good in theory, but football is all about opinions.

Clough rated McNulty and Scougall enough to sign them....Adkins didn't rate them at all, but Wilder seems to share a similar view to Clough on them.

Who is right, who is wrong is subjective and there is probably no right or wrong answer.

As for DCL....If true Everton (a considerably more successful and better run club from top to bottom) have seen something in him to throw a paltry million in for him....this when they have a pretty decent youth set up of their own. Paltry of course to them perhaps....but still a sum of money no club can just throw away.
So although Wilder might not rate him, it doesn't mean he is right.

Much like he might have egg on his face if Diego becomes a player now free from United.

Right.

So that's £1m for DCL to Everton, and £700k for Adams to Wigan.

Bollocks.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom