CONFIRMED Calvert-Lewin sold to Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi,

Don't post very much at all but just thought I would chuck my information in.

Wilder doesn't rate him. I know this for a fact!

1 million is good money for him. Seen him a few times last season and he certainly isn't ready for first team football at the lane. We could get 2/
3 players in who are ready for it with that money.

UTB

Thanks Chris

Sounds good in theory, but football is all about opinions.

Clough rated McNulty and Scougall enough to sign them....Adkins didn't rate them at all, but Wilder seems to share a similar view to Clough on them.

Who is right, who is wrong is subjective and there is probably no right or wrong answer.

As for DCL....If true Everton (a considerably more successful and better run club from top to bottom) have seen something in him to throw a paltry million in for him....this when they have a pretty decent youth set up of their own. Paltry of course to them perhaps....but still a sum of money no club can just throw away.
So although Wilder might not rate him, it doesn't mean he is right.

Much like he might have egg on his face if Diego becomes a player now free from United.

Spot on, game is all about opinions. I was just saying that I know what Wilders opinion on DCL is, he doesn't rate him! I didn't say if it was right or wrong?

In my opinion its good money for a player who is not a cert to become a top level player. If we are left with egg on our face then so be it. With the state we are in at the moment we need to live in the present which is making the first team squad as strong as possible. Again in my opinion if that means we get rid of DCL (who I wouldn't class as a first team player at the moment, more on the fringes) and get 2/3 players in who are ready to go straight in then it makes complete sense.

By the way have I read right that someone has suggested that we sell Adams before DCL!?

if
Hi,

Don't post very much at all but just thought I would chuck my information in.

Wilder doesn't rate him. I know this for a fact!

1 million is good money for him. Seen him a few times last season and he certainly isn't ready for first team football at the lane. We could get 2/
3 players in who are ready for it with that money.

UTB

if wilder doesn't rate him, why did he have him in his first team for all the games he was on loan at Northampton last season?

I see your point, but I don't see the logic in losing players deemed by Wilder as first team squad and making an already less than thread bare squad even smaller. Especially with so many on the list and already deemed not part of future plans. Especially Adams who is the flair and creativity we lack.

I understand we can only get rid of those on the list if people are prepared to take them, but we need 5 minimum as it is. Selling 1 or two more from the squad is making the problem worse, and we know too well the huge failings the club has in recruitment...and still has it seems bearing in mind we are losing many of our targets to rival teams.

Only one we seem to be clinging to is McFadz...because he wants to play for his hometown team!

if

if wilder doesn't rate him, why did he have him in his first team for all the games he was on loan at Northampton last season?

He was on the fringe at Northampton. They had injurys at the time. No money and DCL was cheap.

I'd rather sell Adams.

DCL could prove to be a very good player, Adams has shown enough to suggest he won't be.

Whoever we sell though, a 20% minimum sell on clause should be a non negotiable requirement.
That's the key; make sure we get a sell on clause.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ton-target-sheffield-united-teenager-11564764

again the mccabe knockers reading all sorts of shit into any transfer, way before its even processed
the level of negative bile in this forum is reaching epic proportions

its become the norm to start at lower than a snakes belly then drag it further down

cant think of any other club where fans have this level of hate the hate we should relate to the piggies is being turned on the club , before the first pre season friendly

heres a thought
try fucking supporting the club , for once
this isnt criticism that coming out its bile

I would much rather lose DCL than Adams.
How anyone can see they've seen more from DCL than Adams either has rose tinted on or is lying.

Adams, like him or not, scored 12 goals last season in his first full season in league football in a dire set up where we didn't create many chances, a season after announcing himself nationwide with a brace against Spurs in the League Cup semi.

If it comes down to £1mil for DCL or £700k for Adams the choice is very very simple.
I'd rather not lose either, but Adams has to stay.

I like DCL...he got potential...entering our sixth season in L1 we're not really at the potential developing phase are we..?

Adams for £700k or DCL for £1m? It's a no brainer for me, if we have to lose one then it has to be DCL. I like to see our youngsters come through our ranks but there is a time and a place, this is nor the time or the place. Plus Adams has shown a lot more potential for me, lets keep him out of the two of them if this has to be the case.

Obviously, it could all be bollocks.

So here's the thing, and it's a little hypothetical so bear with me.

DCL goes to Everton and signs a very large contract to make him a millionaire overnight.

Adams, agreed by all to have as much if not more potential than DCL, sees what DCL gets and says...."Hang on, I've got more appearances, more goals and consider myself at least equal to him....think I want to go too"!

I fancy multiplying my salary by 5, and will sulk and stamp my feet til I get it!

So we might not have much choice but to sell Adams as well....and one or two others that see that kind of deal on the table!

If we get a million for DCL we will feel like that company Kitchen Aid who manage to get stupid people to pay £170 for a 2 slice toaster.

think he's suggesting tha as you know this "for a fact" you may be Chris Wilder? If not name your sauces or be damned sir ;)

Right get it now! Cant name my sauce mate as I know that people from the club read this forum. I can assure you its 100% legit tho

I hope DCL doesn't read some of the views on her because its hardly a confidence boost to a young lad who we've never really seen other than at Northampton, and he's a Blade. I think DCL is a great prospect but this deal reminds me of the Jordan Slew one and I think it could only be a bad move for him, although who knows, he could be the next Brian Deane. From our point of view, its difficult to know whether he'll turn out like Slew or Kyle Walker. As others have said we must get a sell on clause and I would assume this move depends on whether DCL is drawn by the move to a big club or whether he wants to play more first team action for us in League One.

I he goes we want to see the money reinvested immediately back into the team, but often moves for youngsters are heavily dependant on appearances, and if that's the case I'd tell them to stuff it.

Of the forwards we have we are poor in the air - DCL is possibly the best in the air but he is way off being good enough to be a first choice starter. I suspect we are potless and, if the money is all upfront with a sell-on percentage clause attached, it could represent reasonable business as we have gaping holes to fill in the rest of the team and not the money to fill them. This would rather shoot this "half the side from the academy" malarky in the foot though.

If we get a million for DCL we will feel like that company Kitchen Aid who manage to get stupid people to pay £170 for a 2 slice toaster.

...is Bob Geldof saving kitchens now?

You can never donate too much...just look at all then bands he saved last time..Bananarama...Ure, Sting, Bowie, Queen...etc etc list goes on...

I'd rather sell Adams.

DCL could prove to be a very good player, Adams has shown enough to suggest he won't be.

Whoever we sell though, a 20% minimum sell on clause should be a non negotiable requirement.
Is that a serious post or are you creating discussion ? If not it just shows how far apart peoples opinions can be. Personally I think DCL is conference level ,and Adams could be Championship. What have you seen in Dcl to suggest he could be a very good player ?

I hope DCL doesn't read some of the views on her because its hardly a confidence boost to a young lad who we've never really seen other than at Northampton, and he's a Blade. I think DCL is a great prospect but this deal reminds me of the Jordan Slew one and I think it could only be a bad move for him, although who knows, he could be the next Brian Deane. From our point of view, its difficult to know whether he'll turn out like Slew or Kyle Walker. As others have said we must get a sell on clause and I would assume this move depends on whether DCL is drawn by the move to a big club or whether he wants to play more first team action for us in League One.

I he goes we want to see the money reinvested immediately back into the team, but often moves for youngsters are heavily dependant on appearances, and if that's the case I'd tell them to stuff it.

I would imagine that any youngster in the lower leagues, who is approached (if true) by a premier league club, suddenly has one of those cartoon-type "thought bubbles" appear above his head, with an image of himself sat in a sports car, with a trophy WAG sat next to him, parked outside a Cheshire country mansion, with the butler stood at the side of the car saying "Mr Calvert-Lewin, your financial adviser is on the line, asking where you would like your next million pounds investing, as you have too much in the bank".

How about £1M from Everton; and then DCL remain with Blades on season long loan?

Thing is, if he does stay, whether permanently or back on loan, how much would he actually play? How much game time is he realistically going to get?

I could be very wrong as I don't know Mr. Wilder's mind, but I can't see him playing much. Especially if we end up buying a big lad such as Clarke.

If the price is right and it means a couple more deals can be pushed through without the heel-draggers moving on first (Coutts, Freeman et al.) then I'd sell in a heartbeat. If it really is £1million then Everton have lost the plot, because he's not worth half that yet.

How about £1M from Everton; and then DCL remain with Blades on season long loan?
It could end up this way although I don't believe the £1 million price tag.

It's very hard to work out how DCL will develop. Scored quite well in L2 but hasn't scored yet in L1.

He would be gambling on his own development going back to U21 games.

United of course will be tempted by any money offer.

My view is he'd be useful to us off the bench, hopefully grabbing a goal or two as we press for winners. I don't see him as a starter and he hasn't enough physical presence yet to play midfield.

Back
Top Bottom