Match Thread Burnley vs Sheffield United - 5th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593773046719.png v. 1593773053761.png
EPL Week 33 - Sunday 5th July 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.497/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Replacement Official: Chris Isherwood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 11.44.56.png

Another great opportunity goes begging. Really poor attacking play again I’m afraid.

Norwood has been piss poor and they’re not much of an open play attacking threat. 5-2-1-2 with Didsy behind McBurnie/another?

No excuse being wrong side OMcB.

Played fairly well first half but a few too many bad touches in key areas.

I cant see why that wasn't a Penalty, ok he didn't intend to handball it but neither did lucas moura on thursday night but a perfectly good goal was disallowed, what's the difference

There are different interpretations for hand ball depending if attacking or defending player involved.

No excuse for the inconsistencies between identical decisions in different games though. Officiating this season has been a joke.

Quite happy Norwood’s gone off, he’s literally offered nothing since coming back and his corners are woeful.

Needed to change it and shake it up. We have offered zero threat 2nd half so far. Too comfortable for them at the moment.

Needed to change it and shake it up. We have offered zero threat 2nd half so far. Too comfortable for them at the moment.
Yeah. But I’m a bit disappointed it’s not Moose. Their defence is slower than turning milk.

Stevens should be freed up abit more with JOC on with him.

Need to get ball down a play abit, too much head height stuff playing into Burnley’s strengths.

We've been very easy to defend against today. We're just pumping poor crosses into the box to a striker who's average at best in the air, their CBs are being given an easy ride.

Mousett on for McGoldrick for me.

No balls into the area which make our forwards favourite, whilst why do we continual to try and walk the ball into the net tying to score the perfect goal, when a few times now the shot has been on.

Make their goalkeeper work for his money.

Yeah. But I’m a bit disappointed it’s not Moose. Their defence is slower than turning milk.
Absolutely...did well v Spurs and his pace would be a major problem for their oil tankers at the back.

You cant miss five decent chances at this level, really frustrating this

We need someone to take a layer on, no good passing it about, take a player on, takes him out of the game! We have so much possession but finish it up by a long 50/50 cross into the area, bringing moose on won’t solve the problem.

Not sure that so far the changes have improved us going forward much

I was about to say the same. While reverting to “the traditional system” we’ve probably had more of the ball, we’ve not really looked quite as composed with it, or created as good opportunities.

Everytime I see Pope I think he looks like Declan rice

Back
Top Bottom