Match Thread Burnley vs Sheffield United - 5th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593773046719.png v. 1593773053761.png
EPL Week 33 - Sunday 5th July 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.497/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Replacement Official: Chris Isherwood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 11.44.56.png

Looking forward to our return to form continuing, big game for European ambition.

I'm guessing we see an unchanged team this week, after the last game against this lot I feel confident that we can turn up again and do the job now we are gaining some momentum.

It certainly isn't going to be an easy game with Burnley doing another fantastic job in the Prem, pushing the right direction and breathing down our necks, but we have Berge finding his feet, Robinson going from strength to strength and now the injuries don't seem to be hurting so much.

Real hotbed of footy is Burnley - population 80k , home gates 20k - 25% of population go to Turf Moor ! Transpose that % to Sheffield + a combined 150,000 would be attending the Lane & the Sty ! Always thought Mackems & Barcodes did well but in Burnley every able bodied person is in the ground for home games. When they beat us at Wembley in 2009 , their 38k was almost half the population !

Real hotbed of footy is Burnley - population 80k , home gates 20k - 25% of population go to Turf Moor ! Transpose that % to Sheffield + a combined 150,000 would be attending the Lane & the Sty ! Always thought Mackems & Barcodes did well but in Burnley every able bodied person is in the ground for home games. When they beat us at Wembley in 2009 , their 38k was almost half the population !

60,000 people in Burnley are disabled?

😲

Our squad depth is becoming less of an issue now, with Jack Robinson and Ben Osborn proving their worth.
Wilder will still have considerable respect for Dyche and what he has achieved, and rightly so. Burnley are where they are on merit, so I hope our players accord them similar respect, without forgetting just how good we can be, against such a comparable side, with similar qualities.

They're no pushovers Burnley, said before the season these were the games I feared most, not the Citeh's and Liverpool's.

We'll need to be on it.

Their fan base spreads quite wide after their successes in the 60’s. Lots of Burnley fans in and around Bradford (Keighley in particular) and Leeds (to a lesser extent).

There is an unwritten rule that there has to be a Lancashire club beginning with B in the Premier League. It started with Blackburn, before Bolton took over the mantle, briefly Blackpool and now Burnley are holding the fort until a reformed Bury come along (or Bacup FC enjoy a surge of success).

They will be much tougher than they were last time, when we, frankly, swept them aside. Expecting a tight game here, but the defence seems to be getting its act together again now, and our new midfield trio look extremely well balanced. So if we can create enough, I am confident we can win this.

Start McG and McB again and get on the front foot.

They pull in a fair few from Nelson, Colne, Accrington etc

This game could come down to subs and the fact we have some and they don't really. Both teams defend well but we definitely have the edge up top, i can see them sitting back and looking to cath us on the break.

First game in a long time that is not broadcasted here on TV, so if anyone has a tip where I can watch this game please slide in my DM's, as I really wanna watch this game in normal quality.

So although other results are not particularly going in our favour, we have ourselves a great boost with a great performance against Spurs. A very different test today, and very difficult game in prospect...

So...

Any team news? :)

JOC fit to return?

Fleck and Lundtram missing?

This was always a tough game, and it gets no easier with the absence of our great travelling fans. I'd love to be majorly confident but I'm thinking this is draw at best. So 1-1 for me. Enjoy

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but I didn’t realise until now that Peter Bankes is the ref. Nothing against him. His last game with us was the home win vs Villa. But god almighty this guy loves a card!
40+ booking points today guaranteed!

will likely to take the pen if by some miracle we’re awarded one!
Are we ever awarded a pen?
Anyone got a table of penalties for/against in the Prem this season?
Expect we're near bottom. But we don't tend to carry the ball into the box at speed which is where most pens come from.
And our players don't dive

Are we ever awarded a pen?
Anyone got a table of penalties for/against in the Prem this season?
Expect we're near bottom. But we don't tend to carry the ball into the box at speed which is where most pens come from.
And our players don't dive

We‘ve had one all season!

Won’t be any there today though will there. Something else in our favour.

Peter Bankes referee

Attachments

• 58B14EE6-5ACE-4497-8B94-6E1C762BFE58.jpeg
    58B14EE6-5ACE-4497-8B94-6E1C762BFE58.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 0
Stuart Attwell VAR

Attachments

• 0A9318FA-E86B-4CBE-B38E-ADD2FCAFBE1B.jpeg
    0A9318FA-E86B-4CBE-B38E-ADD2FCAFBE1B.jpeg
    857.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom