Match Thread Burnley vs Sheffield United - 5th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593773046719.png v. 1593773053761.png
EPL Week 33 - Sunday 5th July 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.497/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Replacement Official: Chris Isherwood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 11.44.56.png

Stupid defending with that free kick from McBurnie. Just step forward and he's clearly offside.
Strikers don’t think like defenders and we see that quite often when strikers are defending set pieces.
I don’t understand why he’s marking their biggest threat from set pieces, surely it should be Egan or Basham. The other one can mark Rodriguez. It’s not like they’ve got Ben Mee or Wood playing today, they’re small by Burnley’s standards.

Weird first half. We again are great at going forward but no end product. A shame McBurnie didn’t hammer that early effort home and then messed up on the free kick.

Still I think a change up front around 60 mins and we will win 2-1

I think we will win this second half with a couple of quick goals, Norwich away style.

we have been the better side by some distance and now we will have the wind in our favour.

Apart from the goal McBurnie is playing well.
Didsy, Baldock, Stevens and Berge too.
Other than corners and free kicks Norwood is poor. Not doing much in general play.
Robinson is not playing well. Giving the ball away while under no pressure.

Players give away stupid needless fouls all the time, it’s the poor defending at the set piece that’s the issue not giving it away

Bring JOC back immediately.

Or we could wait till he’s full recovered enough from his injury to start? Yes, let’s do that instead.

Players give away stupid needless fouls all the time, it’s the poor defending at the set piece that’s the issue not giving it away

Bring JOC back immediately.
Yeah Mcburnies at fault but you're asking for trouble against Burnley giving cheap free kicks away in wide areas.

Too easy for United in the first 20, then we stoped pressing? then it turned into a slow training game even though we still created a few chances. Burnley were better after the drinks break, they stepped it up and did what we should be doing too easy United!

Souness is fast becoming my favourite bloke in the World!! ... let alone commentator. He says what we’re all thinking and doesn’t care if that upsets the PL royalists!
Come on the Blades! Way better team here!
UTB!!!!

Yeah Mcburnies at fault but you're asking for trouble against Burnley giving cheap free kicks away in wide areas.
Yeah definitely, but it happens. The set piece setup is poor anyway for me, McBurnie shouldn’t be marking their biggest threat

Just to clear up about the penalty decision. It`s about consistency.

Giving them for certain teams and not for others.

If the big 6 clubs get them then so should everyone else.

#bladespensmatter

Said at the time it was an unnecessary foul, they were going nowhere and suddenly we give the opportunity to put a ball into the box.

I’ve no idea on handball rules anymore with all the pissing about they’ve done with interpretations. I though if your arm was out it was handball yet they just seem to dismiss it

I'll be honest, I'm not really happy about everyone taking a knee at kick off

I'm even less enamoured that McBurnie was taking the knee for Burnley's goal

I cant see why that wasn't a Penalty, ok he didn't intend to handball it but neither did lucas moura on thursday night but a perfectly good goal was disallowed, what's the difference

Souness saying no difference between Pieters’ handball and the Bournemouth one v Manchester United. I thought VAR was supposed to improve consistency
Looking forward to hearing the VAR explanation of that one. Anyone else think they reviewed the wrong incident I.e.when the shot was blocked?

Back
Top Bottom