Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Absolute wank.

WIlder was done for me after West Brom.

The Prince needs to act now & start planning for next season without Wilder. If we dont try & arrest the slide then we could drop even further.

Wilder should quit tonight & we can then try & regroup & get more points than Derbys & go down fighting.

As things stand we are down without an ounce of fight.

To be honest I'm glad there are no fans allowed in grounds, so many more people would know how shit we are, as opposed to assuming we're shit because we are bottom of the league

Commentator summed it up...if you’re playing attack v defence it’s very difficult to score especially true when we don’t seem to have a clue any more how to break defences like Burnley’s. all teams now know that if you can nick a goal against us then sit back and just defend then you will always beat us.

It’s been said many times now, there is absolutely no tempo to our game. We are far too predictable and we don’t make the opposition have to think about making mistakes when we have the ball - they just have to be patient and we’ll give them the ball back. Simple

Baldock flatters to deceive. As a fallback he’s fine, but he’s shocking in the final third and too much comes down the right for that not to be a massive problem
Same I might have been always harsh on him. But he is nothing more then a very good defender. Offensively and technically very underwhelming. After his last few seasons for Derby Bogle is in the not so distant future going to surpass him in every attribute.

Embarrassing. Boring. Painful.

Players scared of doing anything out of the ordinary and playing any good football out of fear they'll make a costly mistake. Useless lower division tactics deployed week in week out. Terrible midfield; easily the worst midfield in the league. Jack Robinson shouldn't even be on the pitch, ever. He's a league one player at best.

I don't even know what to say. I've watched every minute of every game for the past 4 years, and a good 80% before that, but I feel like I'm done for the season. Unless something drastic changes, I don't know how I can keep putting myself through this. We look devoid of confidence. We don't look like scoring at all, and we genuinely look like a hopeful league 2 side trying to beat the premier league giants in the league cup. Piss poor.

youve completely hit it on the head there weve got a 90% championship team and cant compete at this level but this is what happens when you havent got the finances to buy quality players or pay premier league salaries
So which of the Burnley players are PL quality?

Passy Passy or Lumpy Lumpy. No in between. It’s like they can’t think for themselves “oh he just head ball in no particular direction, I do that to” “oh he just lump the ball into a cardboard cutout off a fan, me do that to”.

We have become the football equivalent of a child trying to punch someone who is keeping them at arms length while being smirked at.

Why don't we have more efforts at goal from distance when a defence is happy to sit between 18 yard line and penalty spot. Its like our players are programned to pass wide for us to put a cross into a box that contains two forwards against 6 defenders. I am sick and tired of watching how predictable we are.

Burnley did a good impression of Norwich which was horrible, but there wasn't a hope in hell we were going to score so they just sat back and got very cheap frees.

Any time there was a half decent cross in from us (which was pretty fookin' rare), there was no-one there and when there were players in they faffed around for a killer pass.

Way too easy yet again for the opposition. I used to think a few games ago, they'll come out at some point with a full blown angry reaction, but I don't think this is even vaguely possible now. It's just a question if they can restore ANY pride at this point, regardless of who is in charge...

If he tacks on “we just lacked a bit of qualitah in the final third” we’ll need a new telly. I’m done with this season if he’s still in charge
And there it is........ so bloody predictable. Get on your bike Chris

Free money, I’ll bet on them 1-0’s every week!
I've always stuck a tenner on the opposition since the Clough days. The likes of Bury and Crawley were often ridiculous odds to beat some of the worst sides to pull on the red and white stripes. It often paid for my match ticket and petrol.

Why don't we have more efforts at goal from distance when a defence is happy to sit between 18 yard line and penalty spot. Its like our players are programned to pass wide for us to put a cross into a box that contains two forwards against 6 defenders. I am sick and tired of watching how predictable we are.
Just we dont cross it much neither, its look up, pass back, etc etc

Something I am proud to say I have never done , backed us to lose 🙄
🚨bigger blade alert🚨

I've always stuck a tenner on the opposition since the Clough days. The likes of Bury and Crawley were often ridiculous odds to beat some of the worst sides to pull on the red and white stripes. It often paid for my match ticket and petrol.
Well, exactly. Doesn’t mean I’m wanting us to lose. It softens a defeat and sticks some money in my back pocket 🤷🏾‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom