Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Last chance saloon for Premier League survival

We have 3 of the easiest games, on paper, to win in the league.

Burnley are underperforming and were rubbish against Leeds. They're down to a threadbare squad and games are thick and fast. We simply have to win this.

Then there's Palace, who started well but have looked fairly dire the last few games. Never a better time to play them.

Then Newcastle. They've not been the same since they had the COVID outbreak and look there for the taking.

Pick up 9 points and the JTW could be very different.

So we face Burnley at Turf Moor. Who cares...

So

Any team news?

Defeat and nobody scoring for us. Or nil nil draw

UTB

WTF Has happen to us , this is us against Burnley last year , Moose was unplayable on this day assisting all 3 goals , moose has got to start we need to get him going again hopefully he will have a good run although history says this wont happen .

Movement
determination to be first to the ball
strength
Enjoying playing
hunting in packs

all gone :(

Listening to the players and wilder they are hurting and they want it. We have lost a lot of tight games to a quality moment. That’s not Burnley, watched their last match and kept thinking how much better we played against Everton. Time to stop all the pessimism, be realistic about our true level (which is not as bad as it looks in the table) and BELIEVE. we can do this. A win changes everything. COYRAWW.⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

We will get murdered at set pieces in the air, only Egan and Basham to get near them. Woods, Tarowaski and Mee must be licking their lips. Burnley 4 Blades 0 all headers.

This is the one for me, I am one of the biggest optimists when it comes to Sheffield United, but if we don't win this one, I will consider us down.

I know most will laugh at that and say we are down already, but I still have that belief, belief that will be eradicated if we dont get 3 points tonight

Fear we have passed the point of no return, we need to get some positivity back into this club before we do go down for a promotion push season next and we need to start tonight by thrashing this lot...when I say thrashing a 1-0 og will suffice.

Do not want that bloody record thank you very much.

I walked past the ‘kids Christmas tree’ (so called because all the gaudy baubles that my wife won’t have on the tree in the best room get stuck on it) earlier today and I looked at the Blades bauble we have. Not even a slight exaggeration that as I looked at it, it just fell off and smashed on the floor.

I feel that even our 2nd choice Christmas tree knows that we are fucked.

On that basis, 3 nil to Burnley.
Just to counter this, I was doing The Times cryptic crossword yesterday and the clue for 1 across was "Less conventional film director (6)". The answer: WILDER.
I went on to finish the crossword with flying colours.
Blades win 3 nil.

Wasn't McB at fault for their goal from a set piece last year?
Had to watch it back, yep let his man get ahead of him and played him onside!
Ref didn't give us a stonewall pen, as it was accidental handball.
Sharp once again showing his football intelligence to help set up our equaliser.

Start Bogle...
Put Bash in midfield to show the rest of em how it’s done.
Stop rotating the ‘strikers’ like it’s some kind fix.
Drop Ramsdale and play out from the back and through the middle of the park or Burnley will eat us alive.
Bash in midfield leaves a hole in the defence for Burnley to expose

WTF Has happen to us , this is us against Burnley last year , Moose was unplayable on this day assisting all 3 goals , moose has got to start we need to get him going again hopefully he will have a good run although history says this wont happen .

Answers on a postcard.

that was the home game we're away today

Just to counter this, I was doing The Times cryptic crossword yesterday and the clue for 1 across was "Less conventional film director (6)". The answer: WILDER.
I went on to finish the crossword with flying colours.
Blades win 3 nil.

I really don't understand cryptic crosswords!

Ramsdale
Baldock,Bash,Egan,Robbo,Enda
Amps, Norwood,Osborn
Burke, McG

Moose on last half hour.

That game at Bramall Lane was class! Dominate from start to finish....ahh the good ol days. 1-1 tonight or a last minute winner not sure if it’s us or them. Burnley seem to have a few that are doubtful for this game.

Norwood, Fleck and Robinson must be nailed on candidates for having Covid judging by the last two games.

Any news on who? Possibility of cancelled games..

Norwood, Fleck and Robinson must be nailed on candidates for having Covid judging by the last two games.

Any news on who? Possibility of cancelled games..
City game was cancelled wasn't it?

1609255387861.png
Due to medical confidentiality, the Blades - whose game at Burnley tonight will go ahead - will not be revealing the names of those affected.
The Yorkshire Post

Imagine, Back three of Jags, Bryan and Robinson with Jay “walking red card” Mceveley on a one match deal. Midfield of Rodwell, Norwood and Ampadu. Let’s hope this isn’t the case. But “a number of” 2,3,4? Facks that all abart. Confidentiality I suppose it’s not like we won’t work it out anyways. When the above starts. Probs win 4 - 0.

Back
Top Bottom