Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

We’re not looking bad except for conceding stupid goals and having very little cutting edge up front.
Burnley though...fook me what a grim team.
looks like another narrow tragic loss on the cards
Genuinely think we’ve been the better team... it’s just our defence from a corner. And I feel for Ramsdale... two class saves only to be let down from a routine corner!

I don't actually think we have been that bad today. We have played some decent stuff to get through the back line.

We simply have too many players on the pitch who aren't good enough for the PL.

Some might be ok as occasional back up or to do a job in short spells but currently we're carrying a handful who aren't good enough and some others short of their best form.

The lack of pace in passes and movement in the final third is shocking. Osborn, Stevens Ampadu and Baldock primarily to blame. I’d get Bogle and Lundstram on now

Crying out for some creativity.

Come on Blades.

We simply have too many players on the pitch who aren't good enough for the PL.

Some might be ok as occasional back up or to do a job in short spells but currently we're carrying a handful who aren't good enough and some others short of their best form.
youve completely hit it on the head there weve got a 90% championship team and cant compete at this level but this is what happens when you havent got the finances to buy quality players or pay premier league salaries

Prime example of slowing the ball down. Ampadu has the ball stops, runs inside and then plays a ball that was on before he made the run. Osborn similarities.

This is so frustrating to watch, I don’t know where to start. But, here we go:

• Robinson is piss poor and shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting eleven
• Osborn should never be part of a two-man central midfield in a Premier League game
• Ampadu has been anonymous, again
• Why is Ramsdale lumping balls up to three forwards who are never going to beat their centre halves in an aerial battle?
• Why are we committing players forward for the overlaps and then going backwards, inviting Burnley to press and force us even further back?

I’m finding this so, so hard to watch. It’s upsetting, isn’t it?

You can see the class and composure of that front three all of them are trying to make things happen tempo is quick, not afraid to turn their marker. Hence the reason that ball needs to come into feet. Number 22 and 23 lost at sea.

Their centre forwards are bullying us....its like 12 year olds v 16 year olds

We are at least more composed on the ball this half, more purpose to us.

I don't actually think we have been that bad today. We have played some decent stuff to get through the back line.
It's the same old "OK" type of performance, but we're not creating as usual and giving the opposition a few big chances which eventually gets punished.

Shocking again. I've turned it off because it's just yet another unwatchable performance

Mmmm bad move, I would have taken off Ampadu, come on prove me wrong!

If they put the ball in the box quickly instead of all the tippy tappy shit on the side of the box and then loosing it or a shit cross that doesn’t clear the first defender they would score more, absolute dogshit this hoof it and loose it system....

Might finally see a good forward pass now Burke is on.

Back
Top Bottom