Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 29th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BUR
BUR
BUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1609156250102.png v. 1609156257794.png
EPL Week 16 - Tuesday 29th December 2020 - Turf Moor

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/burnley-vs-sheffield-united.524/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Michael Oliver
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 17.52.12.png
📺 Live TV Coverage:

Last edited:

Looking like we have now officially the worst start to a season ever in English football. In any division.

depressing.

Said it after Everton. We are embarrassing. Now just an ever little bit more embarrassing.

I think an Adkins team would have fared okay against these

That midfield this evening has been so poor again. Unless Wilder bring a attacking CM in during Jan window we just look hopless at creating chances

Burnley know how to break up the play. Constantly stopping play for those little fouls that never seem to go our way when our players are fouled- god we lack tempo though

True...it’s the same tactic we used to great effect last season.
No doubt Wilder will say in the post match interview how our general play was good.

When people say we are unlucky losing by the odd goal has anyone ever thought that teams set up to do this to us knowing we don’t score or create chances. Whats the point beating us 3,4 or 5 nil and waste energy.

Well we are definitely getting Derby's record and one which shall never ever be beaten.

Fucking embarrassing shower of doggy doo doo is an understatement.

Bringing Norwood on just made me numb.

Cant see where next goal coming from never mind next win. Too easy for Burnley. As soon as Mee scored felt like game over and it was!

Never scoring. We can't even make an the opposition defence look in trouble. It's all too slow, takes an age to cross the ball and when the ball does come the defenders are set up for an easy clearance.

Even when we have an opportunity to break, we slow it down. Tonight I've seen midfielders pick the ball up with 10 yards of space in front and we go wide rather than drive forward.

Baldock flatters to deceive. As a fallback he’s fine, but he’s shocking in the final third and too much comes down the right for that not to be a massive problem

Only games we could sneak a point from is maybe Palace and West Brom at home other than that forget it, utter utter trash how anyone can disagree is beyond me

True...it’s the same tactic we used to great effect last season.
No doubt Wilder will say in the post match interview how our general play was good.
If he tacks on “we just lacked a bit of qualitah in the final third” we’ll need a new telly. I’m done with this season if he’s still in charge

Back
Top Bottom