Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If McBurnie stays fit and signs a new contract he'll be money well spent. Currently looking like the 25 goal championship striker I expected he'd be

But if he represents the best value of the big spends, its not great is it

Baldock should go LWB. Might even be the best option we've got with everyone fit. Especially if he had RND behind him

Berge has looked average because we play him in midfield instead of behind the striker where he looked class

In which game was this?

May i add plenty of other players have been poor but they didnt cost £20 mill i suppose

And he was signed at that price by the manager you laud as a worthy replacement for the current manager. He also played him as a deeper lying right sided midfielder rather than up in the ten role.

pommpey

Play the old John Fleck next to his mate Norwood on one side, and put a hard tackling baller like Basham on the other side of Norwood.

Coulibally and Doyle on the bench if it doesn’t work.

Our top defenders and strikers didn’t become duds overnight. We just Ned a cogent midfield to play football and defend better than they have been doing.

Pass and move, create chances and we know anyone can finish them.
A midfield of Basham, Norwood and Fleck would be OK in non league

Play the old John Fleck next to his mate Norwood on one side, and put a hard tackling baller like Basham on the other side of Norwood.

Coulibally and Doyle on the bench if it doesn’t work.

Our top defenders and strikers didn’t become duds overnight. We just Ned a cogent midfield to play football and defend better than they have been doing.

Pass and move, create chances and we know anyone can finish them.
Not duds but they are getting older and slower. Fleck 32 in August. Norwood 32 in April , Bash 35 in July.

Baldock should go LWB. Might even be the best option we've got with everyone fit. Especially if he had RND behind him
If we're talking about defending our L flank ...
Isn't JLT a LB ?
And put Clark LCB.
Or put Anel & Clark as twin CBs and have an extra midfielder?

If we're talking about defending our L flank ...
Isn't JLT a LB ?
And put Clark LCB.
Or put Anel & Clark as twin CBs and have an extra midfielder?
3 at the back is the law, so don't you even think about it

For any game we have to prioritise being solid I'd put JLT at LWB instead of Lowe. I think Lowe is another one of our 'stint' players - decent for a run of games but make them a permanent fixture and you'll pay for it. I'd say the same for Osborn and to a lesser extent JLT

I'd play JLT there on Saturday actually. Lacks pace against Sarr but so do all of them. At least he might get tight and kick lumps out of him. Think he'd relish the challenge. And get sent off

Yep. Until then though it should be Clark (realistically that'll be till the end of the season). Robinson needs to come out now, he's done well but his head's going IMO. Clark is the calmness we need
robinson has done well to be fair but i agree clark needs to come back in at lcb for me but do think robinson could do a good job at lwb lowe has dropped off last 3 or 4 games

Not duds but they are getting older and slower. Fleck 32 in August. Norwood 32 in April , Bash 35 in July.
To you and bakeblade, I’m well aware of their ages, and the experience that comes with it. The truth behind it, is this is the only realistic alternative to midfield problems. PH has to make do with what he’s got. This season, and probably next season too, if those 3 are still on the wage bill anyway.
Sad isn’t it?
Can’t be sure that Coulibally and Doyle will be available to him next season either!

Is it my poor eye sight, or did I see Brewster on crutches at pitch side last night?, anyone else see that?
don’t think he’ll play again this season... if we get promoted he needs to be loaned.

Although it hasn't worked out for Brewster as of yet and definitely bad luck with injuries the £23million price tag in today's market for a fit player of his calibre was probably about right. Scores 1 in 2 with Swansea in the Championship getting them into the playoffs in 2020. He has 18 England U21s caps to his name with a 1 in 6 scoring record.
We were then 2 season Premiership looking at a player aged 20. When you look at the 2006/2007 Premiership season in the January transfer window we were trying to sign then 21 year old David Nugent for £6million (would have been club record) at the time Nugent had 1 England U21s cap and that full season he scored 17 times for Preston. Brewster edging the goal stats and International stuff. You would definitely not get a £6million 17 goal a season 21 year old now!

Is it my poor eye sight, or did I see Brewster on crutches at pitch side last night?, anyone else see that?

Well one of us is struggling with eye sight because I thought I saw him leaving the padded directors box seats without crutches 5 mins before the end. So I hope you're the mistaken one as we could do with extra cover in this run in

Well one of us is struggling with eye sight because I thought I saw him leaving the padded directors box seats without crutches 5 mins before the end. So I hope you're the mistaken one as we could do with extra cover in this run in
Was definitely Brewster on crutches, was talking to Ndiaye at the end of the game after they walked around pitch. It seemed to be his left leg he couldn't put weight on, not sure if it was the same one he had the hamstring injury on like

Back
Top Bottom