Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bogle and Lowe offer far more offensively than Baldock and Stevens and for that alone both worth their place over the latter two in my view. Stevens is no where near what he was a few seasons back and defensively looks too slow and has to drag back his man/foul them on numerous occasions. Hate saying that because Stevens is a Blades favourite but he's no where near as good as Lowe these days. Bogle is arguably our most creative player these days. In recent games in my opinion, we've lost because the centre backs haven't marked their respective player well enough, Egan and Robinson I'm thinking of here. I love both, but take Robinson against Boro for their first goal when Lowe wasn't beaten with a one-on-one v Forss and Robinson comes steaming in, leaves his man in the process and Forss doesn't have to beat either Lowe or Robinson because he can slip it to Akpom (the league's best striker at the minute) who is totally unmarked.

Egan v Millwall for their third. Never once looks where his man is; he's ball watching and Bradshaw with an easy finish. The header is won by Cooper just before over Robinson which doesn't help; granted Cooper is a real threat in the air. Second goal v Millwall both Robinson both ball watching and not marking men leaving Bradshaw with a free header. That move starts with Basham missing the tackle, the third centre back. So I think we need to reinstate Ahmedhodzic as I'm sure we all do and rest Robbo and give Clark a go for the next few games and see how it goes.

Don't disagree and I've been saying for a while now, I think Bogle could be the energetic/box to box midfielder we've been missing...

But right now we had roll yer sleeves up types who we can rely on. As I've said elsewhere, it was Cranie and Madine who helped get us through squeaky bum time last time...

Going over old ground but Lowe and Bogle are NGE defensively. Bogle is obviously good but maybe further forward….or as part of a defensively solid back 5 ( we are far from that)
As for Brewster (and I’ve posted this previously) he is the most expensive dud in my lifetime…..and I don’t buy this tall story that CW only wanted him on loan…Chris was in bully boy mode when the interest started….it’s probably the other way round

Don't disagree and I've been saying for a while now, I think Bogle could be the energetic/box to box midfielder we've been missing...

But right now we had roll yer sleeves up types who we can rely on. As I've said elsewhere, it was Cranie and Madine who helped get us through squeaky bum time last time...

He could possibly do a job as a winger but he’s not a central midfielder. You’d want an ‘energetic’ midfielder to be able to tackle for a start and Bogle isn’t particularly good at that.

Bogle’s ideal position is RWB in an attacking team, just like it was for Kieron Freeman in the League 1 promotion season.

I really rated Madine and Cranie, I see your point, but I still think we need both Lowe and Bogle in the team. If we're going for solid players then I wouldn't be against Fleck coming back on the left and McAtee playing on right midfield or Doyle in there and Sander on the bench just to give him a rest as he's not been the on top form for months.

I really rated Madine and Cranie, I see your point, but I still think we need both Lowe and Bogle in the team. If we're going for solid players then I wouldn't be against Fleck coming back on the left and McAtee playing on right midfield or Doyle in there and Sander on the bench just to give him a rest as he's not been the on top form for months.

Don't disagree and yet to be convinced that for £20m McBurnie has offered that much of an upgrade over the years...

Don't disagree and yet to be convinced that for £20m McBurnie has offered that much of an upgrade over the years...
McBurnie has done well this season I think. At present he's offering us hold up play, and aerial presence and he's even done the odd dribbling run. He put in a superb ball for Jebbison in the last match which Jebbo missed sadly. I think he's playing well. Ndiaye, we all love him, but he's running into too much trouble these days and not linking as well with others as he's trying to do it himself. Needs to lay the ball off more. Teams sit deep against us though and hit us on the break. Learning to combat teams doing this is our main obstacle to promotion. Sometimes wish we'd do the same and then just play more direct on the counter but maybe that's just not Hecky's way. We've played too open the last two games and got punished for it. Having wingbacks attacking and out of position leaves us vulnerable to the counter attack in my view.

McBurnie has done well this season I think. At present he's offering us hold up play, and aerial presence and he's even done the odd dribbling run. He put in a superb ball for Jebbison in the last match which Jebbo missed sadly. I think he's playing well. Ndiaye, we all love him, but he's running into too much trouble these days and not linking as well with others as he's trying to do it himself. Needs to lay the ball off more. Teams sit deep against us though and hit us on the break. Learning to combat teams doing this is our main obstacle to promotion. Sometimes wish we'd do the same and then just play more direct on the counter but maybe that's just not Hecky's way. We've played too open the last two games and got punished for it. Having wingbacks attacking and out of position leaves us vulnerable to the counter attack in my view.
Been saying the same for a few weeks now. At a similar stage in our last promotion Tufty tightened us right up and we went very attritional.

With players like Ndiaye, McAtee, Jebbison - we've got pace and really quick, skillful counterattacking potential.

Think it's time we started tightening up defensively and focus on grinding out some 1-0 and 0-0's as if we're shipping 3 every game we're fucked...

Fleck is only ‘solid’ in terms of stature now, his (lack of) fitness unfortunately won’t allow him to play more than a handful of minutes this season.

mcburnie still doesnt do enough for me but i agree with you about nidaye he goes past a couple of players brilliantly but then runs in to trouble taking the extra man on instead of laying it off

Fleck is only ‘solid’ in terms of stature now, his (lack of) fitness unfortunately won’t allow him to play more than a handful of minutes this season.
watched fleck closely in the u21 derby yesterday and for me hes nowhere near fully fit hope im wrong though

Play the old John Fleck next to his mate Norwood on one side, and put a hard tackling baller like Basham on the other side of Norwood.

Coulibally and Doyle on the bench if it doesn’t work.

Our top defenders and strikers didn’t become duds overnight. We just Ned a cogent midfield to play football and defend better than they have been doing.

Pass and move, create chances and we know anyone can finish them.

Play the old John Fleck next to his mate Norwood on one side, and put a hard tackling baller like Basham on the other side of Norwood.

Coulibally and Doyle on the bench if it doesn’t work.

Our top defenders and strikers didn’t become duds overnight. We just Ned a cogent midfield to play football and defend better than they have been doing.

Pass and move, create chances and we know anyone can finish them.
Think it's as much position discipline with our midfield which is why I keep coming back to Osborn.

In these tight games Norwood gets deeper and deeper and McAtee pushes further forward and Berge, well is just Berge wondering round like Mr Soft. It leaves a massive void which the opposition is only too willing to fill. If we push Norwood 10 yards forward and have two guys who will hold there zones (like fleck and Lundstram used to) then whammo we have x3 in midfield again...

Think it's as much position discipline with our midfield which is why I keep coming back to Osborn.

In these tight games Norwood gets deeper and deeper and McAtee pushes further forward and Berge, well is just Berge wondering round like Mr Soft. It leaves a massive void which the opposition is only too willing to fill. If we push Norwood 10 yards forward and have two guys who will hold there zones (like fleck and Lundstram used to) then whammo we have x3 in midfield again...
I’m suggesting Fleck and Basham because they are both experienced players who can pla football. Other than that, neither seem to have much left in the tank. We are not in a position to be too choosy as Osborns selection proves.

I’m suggesting Fleck and Basham because they are both experienced players who can pla football. Other than that, neither seem to have much left in the tank. We are not in a position to be too choosy as Osborns selection proves.
Not sure if we're playing fleck, Osborn and/or Basham in midfield we've got a prayer.

I'd have thought the answer is coaching some position discipline into McAtee and stopping him roaming and then either putting a firecracker up Berge's ass or picking Doyle/Coulibailly at RCM...

Going over old ground but Lowe and Bogle are NGE defensively. Bogle is obviously good but maybe further forward….or as part of a defensively solid back 5 ( we are far from that)
As for Brewster (and I’ve posted this previously) he is the most expensive dud in my lifetime…..and I don’t buy this tall story that CW only wanted him on loan…Chris was in bully boy mode when the interest started….it’s probably the other way round
Your right the prince said so in one of his rare interviews, saying we could have got a Dutch striker playing in the Bundeleague for a lot less.
Brewster will be back soon hopefully, still has a lot to offer if he can stay fit .

Playing Berge 90 minutes every game regardless doesn't help

If he was nearly as good as he thinks he is we'd be promoted easily

To have a combined...... 43m? ... in him and brewster producing so little in the championship is an absolute abomination. About 25% of our money's worth is all we need from these two but we can't even have that

To have a combined...... 43m? ... in him and brewster producing so little in the championship is an absolute abomination. About 25% of our money's worth is all we need from these two but we can't even have that

I don't even think Berge thinks he's that good. He looks (and plays) like he is suffering from Impostor Syndrome. For anyone to seriously believe Premier League clubs are circling it takes a huge stretch of the imagination.

pommpey

You could make a nice highlights reel of Sander’s best moments if you were looking to move him out.

You’d definitely want the bin men to have been and gone so nobody can get their hands on the bits on the cutting room floor though!

I think we need to go back to what we were doing at the start of the season

The players looked scared v boro/Milwall and i think hecky is scared aswell which rubs off on the players

Just play Berge/Ndiaye behind a no9 and tell them to go out and attack that is what got us here in the first place so why are we chopping and changing all of a sudden

Or get wilder back for 15 games but what do i know ive only got a UEFA A LICENSE COACHING BADGE

I don't even think Berge thinks he's that good. He looks (and plays) like he is suffering from Impostor Syndrome. For anyone to seriously believe Premier League clubs are circling it takes a huge stretch of the imagination.

pommpey

Berge has looked average because we play him in midfield instead of behind the striker where he looked class

May i add plenty of other players have been poor but they didnt cost £20 mill i suppose

Add McBurnie to the list too (I know, I know he's done "ok" this season) but with over £60m tied up in those three - their output and % of games played Vrs games injured - we really have done intergalactically badly with that money...

Like I read about Jimmy Anderson (the cricketer) people can argue about what his strengths are but his biggest has been that he's been available for 95% + of the test matches he's been eligible for.

We've got £60m+ of talent that's barely been available

I think we need to go back to what we were doing at the start of the season

The players looked scared v boro/Milwall and i think hecky is scared aswell which rubs off on the players

Just play Berge/Ndiaye behind a no9 and tell them to go out and attack that is what got us here in the first place so why are we chopping and changing all of a sudden

Or get wilder back for 15 games but what do i know ive only got a UEFA A LICENSE COACHING BADGE

At the risk of wrestling with the proverbial pig - if after watching how piss poor we're defending, and how over run we're getting in midfield - and your answer is to attack more...

Wow. Just wow...

Add McBurnie to the list too (I know, I know he's done "ok" this season) but with over £60m tied up in those three - their output and % of games played Vrs games injured - we really have done intergalactically badly with that money...

Like I read about Jimmy Anderson (the cricketer) people can argue about what his strengths are but his biggest has been that he's been available for 95% + of the test matches he's been eligible for.

We've got £60m+ of talent that's barely been available
Imagine..

Your best team is:

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Baldock Lundstram Norwood Fleck Stevens
McGoldrick Sharp

Ok, I’ve now spent 120m, show me my best team.

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
McGoldrick Sharp/McBurnie

😢

Imagine..

Your best team is:

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
McGoldrick Sharp

Ok, I’ve now spent 120m, show me my best team.

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
McGoldrick Sharp/McBurnie

😢
To be fair Mousset was a different gravy, if only we could have got in his head (and belly) but other than that you're bang on...

Back
Top Bottom