Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After the 2017 world cup Brewster was a lad with the world at his feet.

What some people may not realize is that he suffered a horror knee injury the following season in 2018.

Some scouser mates of mine say he was never quite the same player after the injury otherwise he would definitely have been playing for Liverpool still.
So the scousers off loaded him

Utter waste of money. Idiotic decision to buy him. Not a lot else to say.
At least there's past and present evidence that McBurnie can play football.
I've seen virtually no evidence that Brewster can, or that he's actually bothered.
I don’t think you can say he doesn’t look bothered. Whenever he’s played he’s worked hard off the ball for the team etc and shown willingness, even out of position. This is the one shred of optimism I have left, that he might have a good attitude that sees us realise some value of what we paid for him.

He's never been fit enough to develop as a player , total disaster , and I'm sure his dodgy hamstrings were well known before we signed him.
Probably our single biggest mistake in recent years and still causing us problems with the embargo.
Idiotic , unnecessary purchase
Wilder decision when he was losing his marbles….lots of fans think there’s a player in there…..but I don’t think so & totally agree with the above. Very likely to be the costliest dud in my lifetime…..

Wilder decision when he was losing his marbles….lots of fans think there’s a player in there…..but I don’t think so & totally agree with the above. Very likely to be the costliest dud in my lifetime…..
Really ? What about the discarded NHS computer project ?!!!!

Reactions: Dkc
Doubt he's going to be fit enough to offer much this season. Shame as he was looking sharp.

Its the jogging back that does me. Never saw Baldock or RND jogging back...
Exactly this!
Baldock is far superior defensively, Bogle could easily play infront of him in midfield.
Lowe was better before his injury, but is currently showing why we let him go to Forest, not half the player RND is.

Tinhat firmly on..

We need Brewster, we don't have that type of striker available at the minute. He could be our Archer with no further injuries this season.

Hope he's back on the grass soon.

Classic case of - "he's out, we're losing... he's what we're missing."
Brewster has never really been the solution to anything whilst he's been here.

Exactly this!
Baldock is far superior defensively, Bogle could easily play infront of him in midfield.
Lowe was better before his injury, but is currently showing why we let him go to Forest, not half the player RND is.

I'm not doubting the abilities of Lowe and Bogle and I freely admit, they have much higher ceilings.

However, it's squeaky bum time and I'd rather have Baldock and Stevens giving it 100% and leaving everything out there. If you remember last time, we had Cranie, Madine, Hogan, Sharp, Stearman around the group. We need some more of that 'over my dead body' mentality!

Didnt they coin the mantra - 'Big men turn up for big games' - we'll that's what we need from here...

Whilst I undoubtedly agree - getting a £23m striker back for the run in would be like having a new signing...

*I still think Ndiaye as a No 9 with McAtee/Berge in behind is our strongest attack...

I agree he's not been worth close to what we paid but looking at our strikers and our bench, I think he's something different with a run of games.

Not a knock on Brewster I think there is a player there but he seems injury prone at min.
Can't get run of form going.

However it's worth noting that Wilder only ever initially wanted Brewster on loan. Board decided to buy instead, little bit of info I heard way back.

Brewster: the richer (maybe poorer depending on form) mans Adrian Littlejohn! Still, we do miss him just because of his pace and occasional decent finish. Sorry, but for the money we paid for him, he has to be the worse signing we've ever made. Granted, without injuries he would have been useful this season. When he played for Swansea I thought he looked great, I have to admit. Just not seen that form with us, maybe the way we play doesn't suit him. But when given a chance to finish he tries to hit as hard as he can and invariably into the top tier of the stand. The "cross" at Luton last season from the byline that flew at 80mph mile over everyone and went out nearer the halfway line than the corner flag is another example of a lack of composure. See beneath at 8.40mins.

Last edited:
Brewster reminds me of a jermain Defoe

Without the hamstrings

Whilst I undoubtedly agree - getting a £23m striker back for the run in would be like having a new signing...

*I still think Ndiaye as a No 9 with McAtee/Berge in behind is our strongest attack...
I said after the boro game, they will pass us within 5 games, then we lost to Millwall.
4 to go.

aI'm not doubting the abilities of Lowe and Bogle and I freely admit, they have much higher ceilings.

However, it's squeaky bum time and I'd rather have Baldock and Stevens giving it 100% and leaving everything out there. If you remember last time, we had Cranie, Madine, Hogan, Sharp, Stearman around the group. We need some more of that 'over my dead body' mentality!

Didnt they coin the mantra - 'Big men turn up for big games' - we'll that's what we need from here...
Bogle and Lowe offer far more offensively than Baldock and Stevens and for that alone both worth their place over the latter two in my view. Stevens is no where near what he was a few seasons back and defensively looks too slow and has to drag back his man/foul them on numerous occasions. Hate saying that because Stevens is a Blades favourite but he's no where near as good as Lowe these days. Bogle is arguably our most creative player these days. In recent games in my opinion, we've lost because the centre backs haven't marked their respective player well enough, Egan and Robinson I'm thinking of here. I love both, but take Robinson against Boro for their first goal when Lowe wasn't beaten with a one-on-one v Forss and Robinson comes steaming in, leaves his man in the process and Forss doesn't have to beat either Lowe or Robinson because he can slip it to Akpom (the league's best striker at the minute) who is totally unmarked.

Egan v Millwall for their third. Never once looks where his man is; he's ball watching and Bradshaw with an easy finish. The header is won by Cooper just before over Robinson which doesn't help; granted Cooper is a real threat in the air. Second goal v Millwall both Robinson both ball watching and not marking men leaving Bradshaw with a free header. That move starts with Basham missing the tackle, the third centre back. So I think we need to reinstate Ahmedhodzic as I'm sure we all do and rest Robbo and give Clark a go for the next few games and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom