Outgoing? Brewster and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That Won’t happen. The party is over in China.
Saudi, Qatar, anywhere with oil money. Fact is he won't get back in the team in what people claim is his best position unless Slav plays two up top, which seems unlikely and that makes him as useful as a Swiss cheese condom.

Jesus… im just reading that brewster is being linked to a Forest loan move. This kid has the potential to rip up the league after a good stint of games and we are sending him to one of our supposed promotion rivals.

I was hoping for a loan to Bundes, Scotland or France, just anywhere except our rivals in the league.

It would be soooo united for his goals to stop us from going up

Saudi, Qatar, anywhere with oil money. Fact is he won't get back in the team in what people claim is his best position unless Slav plays two up top, which seems unlikely and that makes him as useful as a Swiss cheese condom.
Are Swiss cheese condoms designed for bj’s ?

Jesus… im just reading that brewster is being linked to a Forest loan move. This kid has the potential to rip up the league after a good stint of games and we are sending him to one of our supposed promotion rivals.

I was hoping for a loan to Bundes, Scotland or France, just anywhere except our rivals in the league.

A loan in the division is nuts.

This whole situation is insane.

The lad can't hit a bull's ass with a banjo. How on earth to we justify giving him a run of games, to see if he isn't actually shite?

From what we've seen, we will be enhancing our chances by sending him to a "promotion rival".

Last edited:
A loan to a coach who has history with him and confidence in him would seem a decent option for all parties. I’d expect him to return to form under cooper hopefully it won’t bite us in the backside at the business end of the season but it is what it is.

If we loan him out and he fails, that's 'ok' as it shows that we aren't the problem and crystalizes what we need to do next.

If he does really well then that boosts his transfer value and confidence/ability.

We will have also got him off the wage bill in the meantime and can use those savings elsewhere.

He won't be eligible to play against us, and the odds of it costing us are extremely low so I say let's do it.

Seeing him trundle out of the tunnel with Burke and Berge in their tracksuits really does my head in.
I could have stayed at home and watched myself throw money down the toilet. Thanks Chris.

Based on what you've seen you think he has the potential to rip up the league?

Bundesliga? You think he's going to play in a higher standard than United are at? Based on his last 30 games he should be playing every U23 game here

Based on his last 30 games he should be playing every U23 game here

Now that is a great point.

Why, if he isn't getting in the matchday first team squad and is struggling for confidence/goals, is he not playing for the U23's....? Moose had to to prove his fitness and force his way back so why not Brewster.....unless he is being wrapped in cotton wool for a Jan move along with Berge?

Now that is a great point.

Why, if he isn't getting in the matchday first team squad and is struggling for confidence/goals, is he not playing for the U23's....? Moose had to to prove his fitness and force his way back so why not Brewster.....unless he is being wrapped in cotton wool for a Jan move along with Berge?
I honestly think we'll be worried about his agents reaction, embarrassed that it's come to this but most importantly worried that he'll be no more than average at that level and kill any value he still has with clubs who just think we messed him up rather than him not being good

Based on what you've seen you think he has the potential to rip up the league?

Bundesliga? You think he's going to play in a higher standard than United are at? Based on his last 30 games he should be playing every U23 game here
not based on what i have seen at utd, but based on what he has done before. I still standby him being a good player in a squad which was completely devoid of confidence and attacking intent, he’s been completely shit for us but I think he could do very well at a different club given a new start, my point is that the club he goes to shouldn’t be our rivals.

Despite his difficulties i still think a team abroad would take a chance on him, he’s still got a name for himself in the media, my point was i could imagine a german team wanting to follow in the footsteps of dortmund by bringing in young english prospects, brewster would be a good project

not based on what i have seen at utd, but based on what he has done before. I still standby him being a good player in a squad which was completely devoid of confidence and attacking intent, he’s been completely shit for us but I think he could do very well at a different club given a new start, my point is that the club he goes to shouldn’t be our rivals.

Despite his difficulties i still think a team abroad would take a chance on him, he’s still got a name for himself in the media, my point was i could imagine a german team wanting to follow in the footsteps of dortmund by bringing in young english prospects, brewster would be a good project
I'd 100% let him go to Swansea if we could get something of value in return for him.

Look at the players who went to Germany and succeeded. They almost all look like going on to be at least established Premier League players and in some cases internationals. I'd set the under/over on Brewsters' future Premier League appearances at 9.5 and I'd take the under. For international caps I'd set it at 0.5 and laugh all the way to the bank

He'd played 22 leagues games when we signed him. All the things he did to build that reputation apart from score 11 goals in front of empty stadiums came before his terrible injury when he was 18. I just don't see where you get the data from to think he's a good player

Best we can hope for Berge, McBurnie and Brewster is that they go out on loan and shine.

We'd have to subsidise their salaries as I doubt anyone in the PL (who can afford them) would want them. Maybe just maybe Norwich might take a look at them on loan but unlikely. So that leaves us realistically with a niche target market of wealthy championship clubs.

It's that desperate now.

I honestly don't see us anywhere near either end of the division this season. I'd let him go out. SJ clearly doesn't fancy him.

I honestly don't see us anywhere near either end of the division this season. I'd let him go out. SJ clearly doesn't fancy him.
If he does well, his value increases for us. Given his performances to date I don't see how can lose. He should go out....Liverpool ??

any way if he is that crap, and we really don’t believe he will succeed in the Championship, why would we send him to forest? why not send him to a League One promotion contender instead where he will manage better (and somewhere he can’t rock our boat too!)

I reckon we shouldn't loan Brewster to a same division rival

View attachment 123972

nailed it

Are we the only that that cant give a run of games to a striker most weeks its a different pair id give Brewster 10 games 90 mins in them all. The lad needs some confidence not being on the bench is not going to help us or him

Please visit planet Earth soon.
We are not promotion candidates and I suspect neither are Forest.

Back
Top Bottom