Hendo back in the loan market

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladethebrian

Reaction score
Manchester United and England goalkeeper Dean Henderson, 24, wants a loan move away in the January transfer window. (Sun)

Don't think there is a Premier League club that desperate for a GK to pay £120k a week.
Yeah difficult for a goalie to go somewhere in January. Unless there’s an injury prem clubs will have sorted out who their number one is in the summer.

Yeah difficult for a goalie to go somewhere in January. Unless there’s an injury prem clubs will have sorted out who their number one is in the summer.
He will just have to fight to win his place back that's what competition for places is all about.
Unless a prem club lose there no1 ! No team will pay anything like he is on at man utd

If he goes in January it's either abroad for 6 months or a club hovering around the bottom 3 takes a short term gamble to keep them up.

Crazy how quickly a career can turn at a big club who can afford to replace anyone with another quality player. Might have been better insisting he was sold after his loan with us, even if it wasn't to us he'd have had suitors guaranteeing him a 1st team spot.

If he goes in January it's either abroad for 6 months or a club hovering around the bottom 3 takes a short term gamble to keep them up.

Crazy how quickly a career can turn at a big club who can afford to replace anyone with another quality player. Might have been better insisting he was sold after his loan with us, even if it wasn't to us he'd have had suitors guaranteeing him a 1st team spot.
Chelsea were reportedly interested so it’s reasonable to assume he’d have been on some other fairly high profile radars.

I don’t think theres a PL club that needs a keeper. Maybe spurs but I don’t see Man United wanting to strengthen spurs. Move abroad I think

Chelsea were reportedly interested so it’s reasonable to assume he’d have been on some other fairly high profile radars.
Out of the clubs that could afford him, there’s a few clubs that could do with a new no 1 in the summer (or will need one in a year or 2) Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester (in a couple of years) and maybe West Ham when areola goes back to PSG. I don’t see where he moves in January though

Out of the clubs that could afford him, there’s a few clubs that could do with a new no 1 in the summer (or will need one in a year or 2) Chelsea, Spurs, Leicester (in a couple of years) and maybe West Ham when areola goes back to PSG. I don’t see where he moves in January though
It’ll all depend on Man U whether they’re prepared to let him go and what they value him at. I can see them making him stay for the length of his contract.

It’ll all depend on Man U whether they’re prepared to let him go and what they value him at. I can see them making him stay for the length of his contract.
Yeah I can’t see him leaving in Jan. I think the Sun are talking bolocks (shock). There’s no way Man U will see out the rest of the season with Heaton as number 2.

They may sell him in the summer for a big fee (£40m+?) and then just replace him with a Romero mk2 for cheaper. If I was Man U I would be looking at selling de gea before selling Henderson.

Can't see him going to Chelsea for a few reasons. Mendy is only 29 so got at least 5 years left at the top level and for me is a better keeper atm. Also can't see Man U selling to a direct title rival. Plus they've got the Spanish lad as back up who although not great does a job and won't be sold as they'll not get anywhere near back what they paid for him (sound familiar 😖)

Spurs I can see but depends what tight arse levy is willing to pay and leicester will depend on if they're in Europe I'd imagine as he wants to be playing big matches to get in the England reckoning.

His next move will be massive in his future career.

Painfully predictable. He should have pushed for us to work out a deal with a lower buy back which would have suited all. He wouldn’t have got his 100-150k/week but he’s probably be looking to go back to Man Utd once DeGea finally leaves as No1 on much more money.
He played it safe and took the cash. Ah well, thems the breaks but I reckon he’ll need to be looking abroad and he’s got a fight for a World Cup squad spot in which he’s now behind.

Once you sign a contract for 100k plus a week, it limits the amount of clubs you can possible play for in the world down to a handful. Barca can’t really afford that anymore given their finances.

hard to turn it down financially but he might have been better awaiting his 50k a week contract to wind down a bit and keep his options open.

guess he backed himself to displace de gea.

Chose money instead of game time, don't particularly blame him.

But when you're at a club that thinks about improvements and doesn't provide you with the safety of having versatile cover players behind you, you have to accept that you might get pushed further down the pecking order.

To be fair to Dean he did have 1 foot in the starting 11 until he dropped out of the euros with covid. I don't think he's been fit for a few months, which won't have helped his chances. I think there's still a place for him an Man Utd if he can get back to fitness.

He will never play for another club again, his wages are now stupidly high. No one will want to loan him as no one will need a goalkeeper that much to pay those wages. No one will want to sign a still unproven player on those wages too. He won't break into the first team at Man united. Before you know it he's 32, Man Utds longest serving player and he's hand a handful of games in cups. Shame really he's already 24 and still never settled at a parent club as the No1.

Gets beaten too easily at the old near post for me.

Back
Top Bottom