Outgoing? Brewster and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

well im being optimistic saying 7m but a while ago i posted that i would sell mcburnie for 5m and got absolutely slated on here for posting it most blades saying no way we should sell for that low amount think they need a reality check no way were gonna get even half the money back we paid for him
The transfer market isn't there to bail you out when you've massively overpaid for a dud.
Sometimes you have to put it down to experience + move on.
JoC was worth £50m at his peak + now worth nowt.
Brewsters Millions , McKnob , Moosefat & Burkey Boy we paid a combined £55m and I wouldn't give you tuppence for the lot (and nor would the transfer market).
That's £100m eyewatering English pounds down the unlucky plughole.
It's the BladesWay unfortunately.
Others sign Jamie Vardy for two Bob.
We don't , end of , we are the authors of our own underachievement

Others sign Jamie Vardy for two Bob.
We don't , end of , we are the authors of our own underachievement

Enda Stevens, John Fleck, Mark Duffy, Leon Clarke, Jack O'Connell, David McGoldrick, George Baldock and Oli Norwood all signed for a combined fee of less than £3m.

Shall we pretend they didn't happen?

Oh, then there's £600K Billy Sharp

Enda Stevens, John Fleck, Mark Duffy, Leon Clarke, Jack O'Connell, David McGoldrick, George Baldock and Oli Norwood all signed for a combined fee of less than £3m.

Shall we pretend they didn't happen?

Oh, then there's £600K Billy Sharp
Yeh , i get it - we should have stuck to bargain hunting

You should have stuck to one shit nickname
one for all of em ?
as a quartet of strikers who can't displace the 2 old blokes they were supposed to help retire gracefully ?
your idea of a shit nickname is spot on
As the Sky pundits like to say , Sheffield United have an expensive shitforce (oops , typo/ slip of the tongue)

Hopefully we sell him.

Why loan him? Such a low risk signing for them on loan.

They are above us. Let them pay if they think he will make a difference to them.

Plus we want to start offloading players. We don't want them temporarily out the door and still be stuck with them in the summer.

Why should we let out on loan or cheap to a promotion rival. No other twat would do that for us.

Burke is a classic example of how pace can blind scouts and managers.

Football wise hes not even average, if he had Billy's pace hed be playing none league. Because hes fast hes played at Forest, Leipzig,West Brom and us, gone for well over 10m in transfer fees and is a multi millionaire !

What is he actually worth? 500k? He is fucking terrible.

What is he actually worth? 500k? He is fucking terrible.
He'll leave on loan or on a free to get the wages off the books. Best we can hope for.
I’ll be gutted if Ollie goes. He’s like a bullet down the wing and has bat radar for the goal. Shame his face hasn’t fitted here, never given a fair chance and he will shine at this level given a chance
I presume this is sarcasm?

Hopefully we sell him.

Why loan him? Such a low risk signing for them on loan.

They are above us. Let them pay if they think he will make a difference to them.

Plus we want to start offloading players. We don't want them temporarily out the door and still be stuck with them in the summer.
Give him away so they'll take over his wages even if they don't want to pay a fee

I think we may just have to write this one off as another huge transfer fuck up from the previous management team which happened after their heads had collectively melted like the Nazi at the end of Indiana Jones Raiders of the Last Ark.

We won't get much if any money for Burke as his wages will be a hindrance to many clubs. Call it a day, admit we were sold a pup, and move him on asap to free up wages (£20k a week I heard). The lad doesn't appear that motivated and seems to spend more time taking silly selfies with ridiculously expensive gear on. Really not a Blades type player at all and I can't warm to the lad either. Let's free up the wages and move him on pronto.

Other clubs might still be willing to take a punt on him and pick up his wages and contract provided that they get him on without having to pay a fee. We mustn't losn him though as they will soon lose interest in taking him permanently once they see him up close and realise he's all bluff and bluster but no end product.

Everyone adamant that Burke is dog shit and would happily give him away for free to teams above us in the league.

Well, I think coached in the right way, Burke can be a useful player at this level. He's been laughable for us, but we have mainly played him in the premier league in a striker position, something he clearly does not have the nous or finishing ability for. Before that he had a decent season in la Liga playing rwb. I think he could make a decent winger at this level if he just learns when to release the ball.

I have got no problem with us selling him but not for fucking free to promotion rivals.

If we let brewster go it shows a complete lack of ambition can't see it my self
It depends fir how much, and what we do with the proceeds.

He’s been an awful purchase, though shows signs if real improvement pre injury.

It would hardly be a horror sale, for me, but we would definitely need another striker if we did x

It depends fir how much, and what we do with the proceeds.

He’s been an awful purchase, though shows signs if real improvement pre injury.

It would hardly be a horror sale, for me, but we would definitely need another striker if we did x
It'd be typical if we sold him he'd kick on and become a beast of a striker worth 30 mil or summit merrrrr

Back
Top Bottom