BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers for the pod.

I've tried going back over the press conference myself and taking out the soundbites that the press wanted to talk about ("I'm not from Sheffield" and "won't be judged on a Saturday afternoon") because, like you say, they were sensationalised to get clicks. Having done so I still think it's about the worst bit of PR we've seen from a board for a good few years.

Slav, meh. Not that fussed he's gone and don't think we'd have done anything under the financial constraints that now seem to have been imposed. He needed to sign 7/8 new players and probably sell the better ones, wasn't going to work. Shit 'strategy' by whoever came up with it in the first place.

Giansiracusa can go and take his attitude to the legal world, where I'm sure machismo and front are required more than when addressing a set of football fans on an evocative topic.

Bettis is just a wishy-washy, drippy fucker who "ums and errrrs" his way through interviews and says pretty much fuck all of note in the process. He's the kind of person who does well in a corporate environment where this kind of bullshit is encouraged.

Heckingbottom is what he is, seems a nice bloke. Not sure he'll deliver on the pitch despite a good start and a noticeable attitude shift. I think ultimately he's seen what Wilder did and will try and ape most of it to get the fans back on side. I think the players will quickly see through it and realise they've got a manager of limited ability and 2 League 2 coaches working alongside him. He'll get some magic beans and £3.50 to spend on players and will have to chop the wage bill to a reasonable level or we'll be in the realms of FFP breaches before we know it.

On reflection then, I still think it was a disaster of a press conference and will live long in the memories of Blades when the people involved are long gone from our club.

Evening all, new episode is up now with Roygbiv and me discussing United's third win in a row - keeping my feet firmly on the ground here given the standard of the opposition in that win streak, but it's fair to say that we can at least have a conversation about the playoffs, which was definitely not the case 10 days ago...

Morgan Gibbs-White steals the show, and sets up a potentially very exciting / interesting game with QPR next Monday:

Thanks very much for listening.

Evening all, new episode is up now with Roygbiv and me discussing United's third win in a row - keeping my feet firmly on the ground here given the standard of the opposition in that win streak, but it's fair to say that we can at least have a conversation about the playoffs, which was definitely not the case 10 days ago...

Morgan Gibbs-White steals the show, and sets up a potentially very exciting / interesting game with QPR next Monday:

Thanks very much for listening.

Cheers Ben, good to hear you sounding a bit more positive!

Afternoon all, meant to post this yesterday, apologies - Fulham reaction pod here from me and old Roygbiv:

We’re having a little break over Christmas as I’m not sure I’m going to actually see much of the Preston game for family reasons, so will be back after the Hull game. Thank you for listening this year, and hope you and your families have a happy and healthy Christmas.

We’re having a little break over Christmas as I’m not sure I’m going to actually see much of the Preston game for family reasons, so will be back after the Hull game.

No chance of Roygbiv doing it on his own as he has admitted he hasn't got his mum a present, so he'll be sent to his room,

Thank you for listening this year, and hope you and your families have a happy and healthy Christmas.

It's been a pleasure thank you lads. Even the shit performances have been lightened by your grim trench humour.
Thanks very much to both of you for your efforts.

How do S2, hope you're enjoying your Christmases!

With Covid putting paid to our remaining fixtures of the year, Roygbiv and I decided to look back and pick out our ten favourite United moments of 2021. Considering the crap that's happened along the way, there have actually been some good times too!

Thanks for listening, and happy new year to you.

How do S2, hope you're enjoying your Christmases!

With Covid putting paid to our remaining fixtures of the year, Roygbiv and I decided to look back and pick out our ten favourite United moments of 2021. Considering the crap that's happened along the way, there have actually been some good times too!

Thanks for listening, and happy new year to you.

I’ll definitely have a listen, mainly because I can’t think of ten good (or even adequate) moments in the last twelve months.

Most have been like the last minute equaliser against Huddersfield, closely followed by further doom and despair.

Another smashing pod Beans and Roygbiv

Special thanks for adding to my own match-day vocabulary, in description of Didzy’s goal v Villa. I’m grumpy as buggery on New Years Day, but “He sent one of their players for a pie” made me laugh out loud.

🥧➡️

Morning all, sorry for the delay on a new episode for anyone who was waiting - had a few non-football things have to take priority last week. Anyway - we back, Roygbiv recapping the last three games, which players have had good weeks/bad weeks, the ins and out at goalkeeper (Olsen, Verrips, Adam Davies), other departures (Slater, Burke) and finally a look ahead to Peterborough at the weekend.

Thanks very much for listening, really appreciate it.

Morning all, sorry for the delay on a new episode for anyone who was waiting - had a few non-football things have to take priority last week. Anyway - we back, Roygbiv recapping the last three games, which players have had good weeks/bad weeks, the ins and out at goalkeeper (Olsen, Verrips, Adam Davies), other departures (Slater, Burke) and finally a look ahead to Peterborough at the weekend.

I had just finished listening when what did I find in a Guardian story about Derby? JLT vs RND

1643119591753.png

Frame that one and put it on the wall at Bladespod HQ.

1643558756359.png

1643558773495.png

Some may call us foolish for recording this podcast before the transfer window shuts; to those people I would say... you're probably right. Nonetheless, Roygbiv and I talk about the 2-0 win over Peterborough, some strong showings from Bogle and Norwood in particular, Sharp breaking the record, Jebbison returning, Goode arriving, Mousset jetting off, and finishing with a preview of the Birmingham game. Thanks for listening!

I always forget to say thanks after I’ve listened, so I’m saying it now before I “tune in” later and forget again

Cheers gents, always a good listen.

I would love it if we beat Birmingham. Time to give the Colombia shirt an airing Roy

Evening all, Roygbiv and I just recorded this one, reviewing a rare win over Birmingham and also looking ahead to a huge game with West Brom this week - biggest home game since...?

Thanks so much for listening and for all the feedback in this thread - it really is appreciated.

Evening all, Roygbiv and I just recorded this one, reviewing a rare win over Birmingham and also looking ahead to a huge game with West Brom this week - biggest home game since...?

Thanks so much for listening and for all the feedback in this thread - it really is appreciated.

Still the best. By a stretch. Despite the proliferating competition. More power to yer collectives 💪

Back
Top Bottom