BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Afternoon all, apologies to anyone who we inadvertently caused to lose money by alerting you to the very generous odds on Coventry City to win on Saturday, if it's any consolation then Roygbiv and I are also in the financial hole after that one...

Recap pod here, with some positive (ish) words for Big Wes and a bit of defensive solidity, but not a lot else. A Hourihane horrorshow for 65 minutes until Coventry's subs let us get into the game and almost nick a win... hope you enjoy the pod more than the game. At least it's shorter. See you at the Select Car Leasing Stadium tomorrow.

Baffled that you’ve not picked out the Sainsbury’s Sander anecdote as a highlight from the pod

When Roygbiv and I arranged to record this morning, we expected to just be discussing a pretty boring game at Reading and looking ahead to Bristol City. Now... 🙃

Please find below a pretty off-the-cuff reaction to the news that Slavisa Jokanovic is no longer the manager of Sheffield United. Oy vey. Thanks very much for listening.

Can you do another one tomorrow explaining just what has gone on today? I haven’t got the galaxy brain necessary to work it out be honest.

Every time I do try to work it out I just end up giving it a Partridge shrug. Does not compute.

I need it explained to me. Please, lads.

Can you do another one tomorrow explaining just what has gone on today? I haven’t got the galaxy brain necessary to work it out be honest.

Every time I do try to work it out I just end up giving it a Partridge shrug. Does not compute.

I need it explained to me. Please, lads.

We're skint, Slav wanted money. That's the long and short I think

Can you do another one tomorrow explaining just what has gone on today?

Seconded. I need Beans and Roygbiv to suffer so I don’t have to.

I just can’t bring myself to watch any of the press conferences or interviews. My capacity to listen to inexplicably wealthy morons and executive knownowts has officially expired. From Reg Brearley right through to the genius behind “I’m not from Sheffield“ - that’s an entire lifetime of these people. Where do we find them? How do they find us? 😵‍💫

Seconded. I need Beans and Roygbiv to suffer so I don’t have to.

I just can’t bring myself to watch any of the press conferences or interviews. My capacity to listen to inexplicably wealthy morons and executive knownowts has officially expired. From Reg Brearley right through to the genius behind “I’m not from Sheffield“ - that’s an entire lifetime of these people. Where do we find them? How do they find us? 😵‍💫

I will do this in time for the next podcast but genuinely couldn’t bring myself to pay attention yesterday once I’d heard the initial reports. And don’t really fancy watching it this weekend either!

I will do this in time for the next podcast but genuinely couldn’t bring myself to pay attention yesterday once I’d heard the initial reports. And don’t really fancy watching it this weekend either!

Admirable self sacrifice, much appreciated by your audience. :)

Roy and Beans: leveraging synergies since 2019.

Afternoon all, apologies for the delay in recording this. Roygbiv and I catch up on a strange few days for the Blades as Heckingbottom is appointed the new boss, an odd press conference takes place, we win another game of football - and we also look ahead to Cardiff this weekend.

Thanks for listening, and for your patience!

Afternoon all, apologies for the delay in recording this. Roygbiv and I catch up on a strange few days for the Blades as Heckingbottom is appointed the new boss, an odd press conference takes place, we win another game of football - and we also look ahead to Cardiff this weekend.

Thanks for listening, and for your patience!

About time slackers :)

I’m quite surprised by this one to be honest and thought you might be a little more upbeat. I know one swallow doesn’t make a summer (obvious pun omitted) but I saw plenty to be optimistic about. Maybe it’s because I feared the worst under Slav !!

Love the pod lads, it’s become part of the being-a-Blade experience. Must admit though I am surprised by the negativity this week…Jokanovic had us on the road to nowhere with poor recruitment, no obvious strategy and tactical naivety. You both said that we are less likely to get relegated now that he has gone, so how can it be a bad thing? I think Hecky and his team will at least give us some entertainment and, depending on how many players we lose in January, it wouldn’t surprise me if we made the playoffs.
Quick edit: forgot to say, keep up the good work!

Love the pod lads, it’s become part of the being-a-Blade experience. Must admit though I am surprised by the negativity this week…Jokanovic had us on the road to nowhere with poor recruitment, no obvious strategy and tactical naivety. You both said that we are less likely to get relegated now that he has gone, so how can it be a bad thing? I think Hecky and his team will at least give us some entertainment and, depending on how many players we lose in January, it wouldn’t surprise me if we made the playoffs.
Quick edit: forgot to say, keep up the good work!

I think it's just long term where the concerns are. Under Slav it looked like we were going to see a new style of play , new players and a different sort of United to what we've seen in the past. Under Hecky it looks like we are going back to the United we always have been, with the same players and a similar system. The reason I think short term it will be better as Heckys style and tactics will probably suit these players more. The worries long term is these players aren't going to be good enough to get us back up and it looks like there will no plan to change the squad.

I hope as much as anybody that I'm issuing an apology to these players on the final Bladespod of the season!

Excellent podcast on the events of the last week or so and find myself in almost total agreement with everything that’s said ,
I do think this league is extremely poor , and any run 3 wins ? Would get you motoring up this piss poor league
I do think we have the ability to finish in the playoffs as I keep banging on about
Top 10 by Xmas then see where we are for second half of season
And agree Brewster /Mcburnie/Berge/Boogle / the other lad at Forest , Ramsdale before he was sold are legacy’s from Chris’s time here I did say it last season btw
That If worst comes to worst we can sell these assets and not lose any ( much ) money
But like I said excellent pod , and yes we are cost cutting now to keep our cub on an even keel unlike those spend spend spend Dum pig 🐷 fuckers

Very enjoyable pod. Guys I would happily chew the fat over in the pub. I seem to remember meeting Ben through London Blades at some point, maybe I'm wrong. I've been in Singapore for 14 years now.

Good review. I think you're a bit downbeat on the Bristol performance. I thought we were really excellent, showcasing all what we are good at, though agree things like Stevens struggling to replicate prior iterations of himself.

I think a lot of Blades fans have gone in on Bristol not being that good. But that is the division. Outside of Fulham, West Brom, Bournemouth and ourselves at optimum level, there are 20 teams who are all like Bristol. This is the most frustrating thing why Slav has us 16 points behind the top 2, though I still maintain Bournemouth should be no more than 10 ahead after the ref robbed us.

Also we were never a 3-5-2 team when we were getting promoted through the divisions. Only thanks to Lundstram. We were a 3-4-1-2 team before. Maybe this felt more like a 3-4-2-1 team with McGoldrick and Gibbs-White almost undroppable behind Sharp or Brewster.

Makes you wonder what happens to McBurnie, Burke and Mousset in January especially with N'Diaye still in the mix.

Nice to hear you both and hope you get over covid

Back
Top Bottom