BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I note that fair weather podders Four Blades repeated Roy’s claim in the last pod that Derby’s 2007-8 team had more points than us at the equivalent point in their season to when we lost to Villa.

I don’t know where this originated but it’s not true. Derby had 7 points after 23 games to our 10. Fortunately that’s academic now.

I got that totally wrong. I believed somebody on the internet. Never believe somebody on the internet

I got that totally wrong. I believed somebody on the internet. Never believe somebody on the internet
i-dont-believe-you-whatever.gif

Afternoon S2, we finally got round to recording this one, so here's Roygbiv and I talking about Luton, getting over the 11 point hump, Souza's big day, the value of Ben Osborn, what to do with McBurnie, and Brighton (again). Cheers for listening:

Just letting you know it was Barkley who dawdled on it for their 3rd.

Apart from that another very good pod lads 🔥

Edit: Lowe and Bogle have options for an extra year which we haven't used up yet.

I like your pod so much that as I sat in my van about to dine on corned beef and mustard butties I wished for a notification to appear to inform me that the greatest pod in the history of pods was available to enjoy... And then it appeared like magic..

Afternoon S2, we finally got round to recording this one, so here's Roygbiv and I talking about Luton, getting over the 11 point hump, Souza's big day, the value of Ben Osborn, what to do with McBurnie, and Brighton (again). Cheers for listening:

I was screaming at the radio that we’ve played Villa twice under Wilder, and then you remembered!

Thanks for the name checks, fellas. Very enjoyable - and not just because of that!

Re Brighton, personally I would not let Grbic near the net in this game. I have no hard evidence for this but I am having Robin Olsen vibes. In a year he'll be gone, I fear. Plus never change a winning team and all that.

Thanks for the name checks, fellas. Very enjoyable - and not just because of that!

Re Brighton, personally I would not let Grbic near the net in this game. I have no hard evidence for this but I am having Robin Olsen vibes. In a year he'll be gone, I fear. Plus never change a winning team and all that.
Although he fits a similar profile to Olsen, international, joined from a ‘European giant’ etc. I just can’t see anyone being as disinterested in playing for the Blades as Robin Olsen was.

I remember saying to my dad the first time he came out to play for us that he was more bothered about waving to his blonde wife and kids in a box on the JSS than he was about anything else going on around him, he seemed to have a face like a smacked arse just at the thought of playing for us.

Although he fits a similar profile to Olsen, international, joined from a ‘European giant’ etc. I just can’t see anyone being as disinterested in playing for the Blades as Robin Olsen was.

I remember saying to my dad the first time he came out to play for us that he was more bothered about waving to his blonde wife and kids in a box on the JSS than he was about anything else going on around him, he seemed to have a face like a smacked arse just at the thought of playing for us.

Think Grbic attitude is really good.

However the technical side of his game is certainly questionable at this point in time.

Cheers Rev!

That’s kind of my point though with Grbic, if your hunch is right then surely it’s better to find out asap rather than in six months. I think it also sends a bit of an odd message to a player you’ve just invested in - “we’ve signed you to be our number 1 but won’t play you in the next game even though you’re available again”

Cheers Rev!

That’s kind of my point though with Grbic, if your hunch is right then surely it’s better to find out asap rather than in six months. I think it also sends a bit of an odd message to a player you’ve just invested in - “we’ve signed you to be our number 1 but won’t play you in the next game even though you’re available again”
The counter argument is the same team we are playing on Sunday put 5 past him a few weeks ago.

Of course, none of this would matter if Wilder hadn't made the statement about Grbic being number one, which was a silly thing to say when he has not been playing regularly and was not impressive when he last played regularly in ligue un.

Hello, sorry to anyone who was waiting for a pod this week - I've been absolutely obliterated by a stomach bug, the effects of which have served as a rather apt metaphor for Sheffield United's season. Roy's also been under the weather so we've just not been able to fit one in despite genuinely intending to talk, at least a bit, about our latest 5-0 walloping. I even stayed til full-time this week.

Anyway, we'll talk about both games on the next episode. Apologies again for anyone who actually did want an episode!

Hello, sorry to anyone who was waiting for a pod this week - I've been absolutely obliterated by a stomach bug, the effects of which have served as a rather apt metaphor for Sheffield United's season. Roy's also been under the weather so we've just not been able to fit one in despite genuinely intending to talk, at least a bit, about our latest 5-0 walloping. I even stayed til full-time this week.

Anyway, we'll talk about both games on the next episode. Apologies again for anyone who actually did want an episode!

Serious question Beans ... is there ever a day that someone in your household isn't dying lol?!?!

Serious question Beans ... is there ever a day that someone in your household isn't dying lol?!?!

No. Not to bore people but seeing as you asked... this is our first winter of two kids instead of one and jesus christ have we noticed. 2024 has been an absolute shocker for me so far, my immune system has basically been this meme:

1708683820476.png

You could have taken the mic into the bathroom and declared the resulting sounds to be an accurate review of the game.

Hope you’re feeling better though, and looking forward to the next pod.

That's a shame. You two are snakebit this year. Hope you are well enough to cover the Wolves game!

We blamed Hecky for everyone being unfit to perform, but it’s just as bad under Wilder!

I am due to be passing Eyam tomorrow if you and Roygbiv want to drop off the pod in the usual place I can pick it it up and you can return to quarantine

This made me chuckle as I heard you quote it as gospel Roy and then told everyone at the school I work at this amazing fact - 90 per cent of whom are Derby fans - and they all started sharing it with other people too.

I suspect for a week at least I got (via you) pretty much most of Alfreton and the surrounding areas excited that we were on to break their record!

Afternoon all, apologies again for the delay for those who were waiting - Roygbiv and I are back to talk about Brighton (H), Wolves, (A), Arsenal (H - uhoh), Oliver Arblaster penning his new deal, and a few other odds and sods:

Thanks for listening!

Good pod, save for one thing.

I think you’re wrong. It’s not pointless.

If it were pointless, 25,000 plus people wouldn’t be going to the Lane every home game. Thousands wouldn’t be going away. Hundreds wouldn’t be posting on here. And you wouldn’t be podding.

Despite this disaster of a season, we go, we watch and we take an interest for all sorts of reasons. We go in the hope we will win, play well, be entertained, see good displays. We go to see our family and our mates, to drink with them, laugh with them, commiserate with them. We go because we always go. We go to vent, to let our anger. We go to forget other things in our lives. We go to make new memories. We get something back.

My father is old, ill and in pain. He’s been going since 1949. He hasn’t been since Boxing Day 2022 because he can’t. We always speak Sunday morning. It’s become a very difficult call at times.

But not after we won at Luton. He was happy, for the first time in ages.

Never say it’s pointless.

Good pod, save for one thing.

I think you’re wrong. It’s not pointless.

If it were pointless, 25,000 plus people wouldn’t be going to the Lane every home game. Thousands wouldn’t be going away. Hundreds wouldn’t be posting on here. And you wouldn’t be podding.

Despite this disaster of a season, we go, we watch and we take an interest for all sorts of reasons. We go in the hope we will win, play well, be entertained, see good displays. We go to see our family and our mates, to drink with them, laugh with them, commiserate with them. We go because we always go. We go to vent, to let our anger. We go to forget other things in our lives. We go to make new memories. We get something back.

My father is old, ill and in pain. He’s been going since 1949. He hasn’t been since Boxing Day 2022 because he can’t. We always speak Sunday morning. It’s become a very difficult call at times.

But not after we won at Luton. He was happy, for the first time in ages.

Never say it’s pointless.
Sometimes we wish it was though don't we
Sometimes we wonder why we care so much about it and why it takes precedence over so many more important intrinsic facets of our lives
I'm 50 years old and the greatest stressing my life is my football team and that makes me shake my head sometimes

Afternoon all, apologies again for the delay for those who were waiting - Roygbiv and I are back to talk about Brighton (H), Wolves, (A), Arsenal (H - uhoh), Oliver Arblaster penning his new deal, and a few other odds and sods:

Thanks for listening!

I love your claim to be the illest men in Britain. Made me think of this …

Attachments

• IMG_7267.jpeg
    IMG_7267.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom