BladesPod - latest episodes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello S2,

Later in the week than normal due to illness - and apologies that my voice is still not really tip-top during this - but here's a new episode with Roygbiv where we preview the West Ham game and then spin the Roulette Wheel of Blades News to hit 16 (count em) different stories from the last few weeks, including new contracts for some young players, points deductions for our "rivals", Basham on the road to recovery, and the retirement of a perennial thorn in our collective sides.

Thanks for listening!

I think the Philliskirks are the most recent father son combo to play for us, though Tony last played in the same season as Colin Morris last played so I assume Beans didn’t see him either.

Evening all,

New pod is out as Roygbiv and I discuss a fun old game with those unhappy Hammers: goals, red cards, controversy, late drama, oh and we didn't lose - are you not entertained? We certainly were. Thanks for listening!

Really enjoyed that again, as you both said, exciting game with incidents and goals. Ben seems to have the same view on Brewster as I do as well!

I do wonder if your realism will have alienated a lot of the clapper element of our support though, some of the Blade tinted spec brigade won’t appreciate a candid take on our situation.

Really enjoyed that again, as you both said, exciting game with incidents and goals. Ben seems to have the same view on Brewster as I do as well!

I do wonder if your realism will have alienated a lot of the clapper element of our support though, some of the Blade tinted spec brigade won’t appreciate a candid take on our situation.

Most people I've seen seem to be more or less on the same page. We know we've gone but things have improved and there's hope for the future. I really enjoyed Sunday and would love to see performances like that until the end of the season

How do S2,

The eagle eyed among you will have noticed we didn't manage to record in between the two games this week (I've had a chest infection that's buggered up my ability to talk much) so Roygbiv and I have doubled up for an extended episode to cover:

• Brighton
  • Palace
  • JTW "strategy"
  • Ivo Grbic
  • Wilder's oddball interview at Selhurst Park
  • Villa (H)

And some other stuff. I enjoyed the Brighton game, and getting a few things off my chest so to speak, so this was quite cathartic to record. Cheers for listening.

How do S2,

The eagle eyed among you will have noticed we didn't manage to record in between the two games this week (I've had a chest infection that's buggered up my ability to talk much) so Roygbiv and I have doubled up for an extended episode to cover:

• Brighton
  • Palace
  • JTW "strategy"
  • Ivo Grbic
  • Villa (H)

And some other stuff. I enjoyed the Brighton game, and getting a few things off my chest so to speak, so this was quite cathartic to record. Cheers for listening.

Too sleep deprived from travelling back from Palace last night to find out from this we might be selling Bex Rayner. Shoes off in the car park for me if this happens

Too sleep deprived from travelling back from Palace last night to find out from this we might be selling Bex Rayner. Shoes off in the car park for me if this happens

I’ll be fuming. Club have rejected it anyway apparently. Durham ffs, get outta here

The discussion about Wilder's sandwich rant made me chuckle. In my head he sounds like Chris Waddle when he went off on his "They're all just ... headphones!" tirade about the England players years ago.
- Keep up the good work, you two!

Wherezz Bladespod Beans Roygbiv … I need to know I’m not the only one wanting to go to hardware store and buy 6ft of rope right now!

Recording tomorrow. Genuinely running out of things to say though
Deadbat also asked on his pod last week what people wanted them to talk about given the way it’s going.

You’ve been telling it like it is. You’ve been doing that all season and it’s worth listening to. I’d keep doing it. Just don’t feel you have to go on and on. The team gives up after 30 mins or so. You can too.

I’ve missed the last 3 games for one reason or another. I’m a lucky man.

Recording tomorrow. Genuinely running out of things to say though

I'd be interested in your thoughts on "Assuming that we have completely given up on this season [which we have], what is the best way to go about preparing for next season?".

Do we completely sideline Archer? Do we experiment with new formations? Pick the youngsters? Sit down and admire the opposition, in the hope of learning something from them?

How do S2,

• Brighton
  • Palace
  • JTW "strategy"
  • Ivo Grbic
  • Villa (H)

That sounds like one hell of an uplifting play list 🤣

Eyup S2,

Well, Villa was dogshite, so we only talked about that for 15 mins or so. Then, Roygbiv and I reminisced on the brilliance of John Fleck's time at United: our favourite moments, goals, his highs and lows and where he'd sit in our all-time great United sides.

Thanks for listening, if the Villa part is too depressing then just skip to about 15 mins :D

I also wrote some words about Fleck for the BBC Sport site this week. And I suppose while I'm plugging stuff, United Women had a very uplifting result as they powered back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 at Durham - I wrote about that for the (free) newsletter I do for United Women.

Eyup S2,

Well, Villa was dogshite, so we only talked about that for 15 mins or so. Then, Roygbiv and I reminisced on the brilliance of John Fleck's time at United: our favourite moments, goals, his highs and lows and where he'd sit in our all-time great United sides.

Thanks for listening, if the Villa part is too depressing then just skip to about 15 mins :D

I also wrote some words about Fleck for the BBC Sport site this week. And I suppose while I'm plugging stuff, United Women had a very uplifting result as they powered back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 at Durham - I wrote about that for the (free) newsletter I do for United Women.

Appreciate the effort lads. I know you don’t like talking about performances like that but it’s good to hear others feeling the same way.

Chicken soup for the soul

Eyup S2,

Nice one. You gave the team the attention they deserve at this point.

And a nice tribute to Flecky.

Eyup S2,

Another smashing pod. Lovely tribute to Flecky.

And I’ll stand right behind Beans suggestion that, for a few months at least, he was one of the best midfielders in the Prem. “With his little head like a clenched fist”, as my favourite commentary from the time put it. :)

In the depths of our current misery, thanks also for reminding me that “Who’s better, Fleck or Bannan?” was actually once a thing—on the shitty side of the city, anyway. Made me laugh out loud, and only Squires has managed that on football-related stuff in weeks.

That was a fantastic pod thank you. You both are feeling the same as me. Don’t think I have ever felt so low or disinterested in utd! And feeling that it’s all a total waste of my time going! I don’t watch any football! I feel that crap about it! So thanks yet again for the therapy session!

Really enjoyed that, thank you. Brought back some great memories. A very fitting send off for flecky and a bit of perspective for how we should view the time we have left with Ollie Norwood. Top effort, expertly put.

Well done for motivating yourselves for the pod. I enjoyed the anecdote about listening to he Northampton commentary on the radio via Skype. My lad and I did the same when he was working in France for a year in the 2015/16 season, we had regular Saturdays with the radio next to the laptop running a Skype call.

Excellent pod as usual, just on the Fleck ‘gurning face’ v Man U - I just assumed it was because it had randomly bounced off his leg and just snuck in but could also have been a reaction to us absolutely battering them first half?

Great pod.

That Villa game where he got both goals, might not have been our best performance that season, but it wasn't far off - and Fleck was at the centre of everything.

By far my favourite performance of that season (partly assisted by Grealish missing the penalty)

Similar to your commentary played via Skype... For many years, I'd call my parents landline before every match and they'd put the landline next to his PC speaker (as they'd subscribed to commentary on the official website).

Don't think Microsoft Teams was invented back then. Must have started doing that about 2002, no idea how long for, but many many years.

This was before the days of iFollow etc obviously. Good times.

I note that fair weather podders Four Blades repeated Roy’s claim in the last pod that Derby’s 2007-8 team had more points than us at the equivalent point in their season to when we lost to Villa.

I don’t know where this originated but it’s not true. Derby had 7 points after 23 games to our 10. Fortunately that’s academic now.

I note that fair weather podders Four Blades repeated Roy’s claim in the last pod that Derby’s 2007-8 team had more points than us at the equivalent point in their season to when we lost to Villa.

I don’t know where this originated but it’s not true. Derby had 7 points after 23 games to our 10. Fortunately that’s academic now.

Roy's in the doghouse for that one. I'm fact-checking everything he comes out with from now on.

Back
Top Bottom