Altar ziyai

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ormester

Reaction score
It has been reported he was lcb from fernabache but we won't spend on perm transfer so another team has and we lost out the loan to buy is basically a we are skint

It has been reported he was lcb from fernabache but we won't spend on perm transfer so another team has and we lost out the loan to buy is basically a we are skint
Union Berlin mmmhmmm.

I don't think it's coz we're skint as such, it's because the Prince doesn't want any more debt associated with the club whilst he's trying to sell it. Would likely result in buyers wanting a knockdown fee to cover the debt, ie. Not as much money in the princes pockets.

I really don't trust the guy.

G
I don't think it's coz we're skint as such, it's because the Prince doesn't want any more debt associated with the club whilst he's trying to sell it. Would likely result in buyers wanting a knockdown fee to cover the debt, ie. Not as much money in the princes pockets.

I really don't trust the guy.
Good job you don’t have to !!

That's disappointing - he looks like a very smart signing on paper

Been a regular for Fener for 3 seasons. 35 caps for Hungary. 6 foot 4 and 25 y/o..... and left footed. Don't get too many like this

Transfermarkt has him at 14m value though so if that's anywhere near correct, I wonder what sort of price we'd have been willing to pay? Any obligation to pay over about 4m would indicate we had high confidence in him..... in which case to be unable to offer a straight up permanent deal, as a PL club, is......... surprising, especially in such a crucial position

That's disappointing - he looks like a very smart signing on paper

Been a regular for Fener for 3 seasons. 35 caps for Hungary. 6 foot 4 and 25 y/o..... and left footed. Don't get too many like this

Transfermarkt has him at 14m value though so if that's anywhere near correct, I wonder what sort of price we'd have been willing to pay? Any obligation to pay over about 4m would indicate we had high confidence in him..... in which case to be unable to offer a straight up permanent deal, as a PL club, is......... surprising, especially in such a crucial position
Big loan fee and then £8 million in summer however Union Berlin came in with about what you said so that was that

Big loan fee and then £8 million in summer however Union Berlin came in with about what you said so that was that

Any reason why we weren’t willing to buy him this summer? Seems odd we were happy to loan with an obligation to buy, but not to just buy him now.

Big loan fee plus 8m = high confidence then

So this would appear to be quite the miss

I would have thought that was one position we'd be willing to spend on, as we did with Anel on the other side last summer

I would have thought that was one position we'd be willing to spend on, as we did with Anel on the other side last summer

We're seemingly not willing to spend anything substantial on any position.

Any reason why we weren’t willing to buy him this summer? Seems odd we were happy to loan with an obligation to buy, but not to just buy him now.
Because it doesn’t fit within our current budget. Sadly we’re not currently in the position to be splashing £14 million upfront on one player.

Big miss he would have been perfect for us.

Because it doesn’t fit within our current budget. Sadly we’re not currently in the position to be splashing £14 million upfront on one player.

The fee would’ve surely been in instalments anyway? Or after last season are clubs looking for more money upfront?

Big miss he would have been perfect for us.
If he could have been anything like a left sided version of Anel..... and then we'd just sign Doyle ane keep Ndiaye, that would've been a proper foundation to survive on. And it's the sort of thing you'd expect us to be able to do - with about a third of what Burnley will spend

At least we still have Brewster and Berge though

Is the move to Berlin a definite goer or do they also have to do some work? Just thinking that some transfers do fall through. Probably wishful thinking on my part though.

That's the problem we face when we are trying to eeek out the best possible bang for our buck as we have probably been negotiating for weeks on this one and getting close, and then bang...someone comes in and blows our proposal out of the water and takes the player from us. I suppose the only thing we could have done to help ourselves would have been to potentially give his club a deadline to agree to our terms or not. But then they could have told us to do one anyway, if we did. Never mind, seems it's onto the next target.

We can't compete with giants of European football like Union...despite 150m in Premier league money and 15m for Ndiaye if the reports are to be believed.

Shame. Like the look of this with a good few weeks still to go:

Wes
Ahmedhodžić Egan Szalai
Baldock Berge Norwood Slimane Larouco
Ndiaye
McBurnie

We can't compete with giants of European football like Union...despite 150m in Premier league money and 15m for Ndiaye if the reports are to be believed.
Well we cant because we dont have 150 ( its actually 110 ) to spend on players thanks to
A)mccabe shafting us with the purchase of our own training ground and stadium
B )wilders signings last time round costing nore than we had
C)paying the wages of players to get back here

Back
Top Bottom