Altar ziyai

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What you on about? We’ve spent on a million (or thereabouts) on a single player. What more do you want?
I gather your reply there was a bit of sarcasm .
Hecki already said we have to be cute the way we spend the money.
So 10 million or so on one player just ain't going to happen,unless things change dramatically.

So 10 million or so on one player just ain't going to happen,unless things change dramatically.
We’re being so cute we’re like a golden retriever puppy.

What UCL side were we battling for Anel
So if we follow your argument no team not in the champions league would ever be able to sign a player that a German club thats in the champions league is interested in ? Even if they are in the Premier league ?

So if we follow your argument no team not in the champions league would ever be able to sign a player that a German club thats in the champions league is interested in ? Even if they are in the Premier league ?
I wasn’t making an argument I was asking a genuine question

Is this dead in the water then?
Imagine being 4 for 4 with those named signings by the time we go to Portugal.
Have Berlin coughed up the money as yet?

Is this dead in the water then?
Imagine being 4 for 4 with those named signings by the time we go to Portugal.
Have Berlin coughed up the money as yet?
Apparently yes, Darren Smith says that this was the LCB target (out of the 4 he mentioned) we missed out on, with Slimane, Traore and Lacouri being the other 3.

Not sure how reliable this is and could be nonsense but.....

Not sure how reliable this is and could be nonsense but.....

Interesting. So if he really was a target, he's still available. Expensive though, sounds unlikely unless we're investing most of our money there.

Interesting. So if he really was a target, he's still available. Expensive though, sounds unlikely unless we're investing most of our money there.
By all accounts it was another loan with a view to permanent wasn't it?

Don’t know how true that article is but if it has fallen through we will be all over it. He was all set to come before they came in. I was under the impression it was a done deal to Union Berlin though but guess we will see.

Google

translate to english

Recently, it was treated as a fact in the Turkish press and also at home that Attila Szalai is leaving the Fenerbahce team and can be a player of Union Berlin for 14 million euros. However, we waited in vain for the announcement about this, which just didn't want to happen, and now the German Kicker wrote about the fact that the German club entering the Champions League will not sign Szalai after all.
Just over a week ago, the news that Fenerbahce and Union Berlin had agreed on the purchase of Attila Szalai, the defender of the Hungarian national team will sign a contract with the Bundesliga in the summer for 14 million euros. It was strange that Szalai then played for Fenerbahce in a warm-up match, because it is not customary to jeopardize an imminent deal with a possible injury, it is not in the interest of anyone involved.

Apparently, the concerns were not unfounded, as according to the German Kicker, which seems reliable, Union Berlin will not sign Szalai after all. This was already indicated by the fact that after the German team played a warm-up match in Zalaegerszeg (and lost 3-2), the team's head coach, Urs Fischer, declared that he did not know Szalai. And it would be quite surprising if they strengthened the team without the head coach's knowledge.

In any case, Union's injured Hungarian midfielder András Schäfer also stated that he did not know about the arrival of his teammate. Even so, the news about the transfer persisted in Turkey in recent days, some sources also believed that Szalai would sign in Berlin until 2027.

Of course, it cannot be ruled out that there was indeed a negotiation between the Union and Fenerbahce regarding Szalai, but according to the signs, if there was, the parties could not come to an agreement. However, according to the news, it is far from certain that Szalai will stay in Istanbul, Hoffenheim and Freiburg are said to be interested in him.

In the meantime, one involuntarily thinks about how many teams Szalai has been discussed with in the past two years. Chelsea, Napoli, Liverpool and Newcastle United also wanted him, really only without a complete demand. However, the 25-year-old, 35-times international defender is still a player of Fenerbahce, with whom his current contract binds him until 2025

Unlike T-Blade I haven't heard anything about us being after the Hungarian. Has El-Accounto confirmed this was the LCB?

Who was the player that "played for the same club as one of our other targets"? (El-accounto).

I've had no info on the LCB but always presumed it was Lund. Fingers crossed it is the Hungarian though. He looks ideal.

Unlike T-Blade I haven't heard anything about us being after the Hungarian. Has El-Accounto confirmed this was the LCB?

Who was the player that "played for the same club as one of our other targets"? (El-accounto).

I've had no info on the LCB but always presumed it was Lund. Fingers crossed it is the Hungarian though. He looks ideal.
I confirmed who it was before el accounto’s mate released the name but yeah I think he also said this was him.

Buying a £20m rated player for £10m would be cute. So don’t rule out a more expensive acquisition.

Key position. If it's possible, I'd say spend quite big to get him. Then use the loans on midfield and try to sell Berge and Jebbison to fund more

In our side the ‘wide’ centrebacks are vital to how we play - and how we create.

As Anel showed last year the right one coming in can make a huge difference.for the right one it would be worth pushing the boat out a little bit for.

Back
Top Bottom