Altar ziyai

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Might be worth going back in for this guy. Bit of a monster isn't he?

This position as well as midfield is a priority, if we've got to spend a chunk of the 20m on this guy I'd be happy with it
38 clean sheets good enough for me

If it's true that we can't afford £4m (allegedly the fee Union were/are paying) that's rather bizarre. That's a bargain for an international centre half with his experience.

If it's true that we can't afford £4m (allegedly the fee Union were/are paying) that's rather bizarre. That's a bargain for an international centre half with his experience.
And if budget is £20m how much have we spent to date ££7-10m including Benie-T? What are we spending the £10m on, does that have to fund loan fees and loan wages?

And if budget is £20m how much have we spent to date££7-10m including Benie-T? What are we spending the £10m on, does that have to fund loan fees and loan wages?
No idea

Maybe we can afford 4m but not on this position. From the fees we've paid so far, it seems like we're holding some back (potentially for Doyle or the like), and so this position we need a loan to buy, once Fener have said they will only accept a fee, we've moved on to other options which are being worked on now. That's how I see it, not sure if there's any truth in that but it seems plausible.

And if budget is £20m how much have we spent to date ££7-10m including Benie-T? What are we spending the £10m on, does that have to fund loan fees and loan wages?
Could be loan fees. Could easily be 10 million two take to really good Premier League youngsters for the season.

It is bizarre if we don't want to spend 4m on a decent LCB signing. We paid similar on a RCB (Anel) in the league below..

We've needed a decent JOC replacement for 3 seasons
Except we have RND, who is injured, maybe we're not willing to spend on a position we hopefully have a player returning to. To spend £4m on a position we already have a first choice player in our squad but can't currently use, would take up funds from elsewhere.

This position as well as midfield is a priority, if we've got to spend a chunk of the 20m on this guy I'd be happy with it
38 clean sheets good enough for me
Agree, there is such a premium on the left footed centre back position. If we are going to invest in this position for the next couple of seasons, now when we are Prem, would seem the best time to tie down a permanent. So if we are going to spend a good fee on one position. I don't know if the loan-to-buy is because we don't have the cash for a perm fee, or the player is less likely to sign as a perm at this stage - if he sees the prospect of relegation/salary cut. I have only seen Szalai a couple of times, so don't know if he would be a great signing, but he would seem to fit the bill on paper, as someone who is ready to go into the the starting sign up like Anel, whilst with Larouci you can see there is more of a developing player, we could benefit from seeing how he progresses whilst on loan.

Maybe we can afford 4m but not on this position. From the fees we've paid so far, it seems like we're holding some back (potentially for Doyle or the like), and so this position we need a loan to buy, once Fener have said they will only accept a fee, we've moved on to other options which are being worked on now. That's how I see it, not sure if there's any truth in that but it seems plausible.
We are absolutely desperate for a PL quality LCB. Robinson isn't, RND might be but plenty of 'what if?' factors at play.

We are absolutely desperate for a PL quality LCB. Robinson isn't, RND might be but plenty of 'what if?' factors at play.
I'll take the 'what if's' as something the management team are much better placed to consider than us

I'll take the 'what if's' as something the management team are much better placed to consider than us
It's nothing to do with management, it's to do with the fact his hamstring literally detached from his leg. That usually always results in breakdowns and complications after starting playing again.

Shame. Out of the four this one was the one that looks most reliable as in he's that bit older and has more behind him in terms of hold experience at a really decent level.

On paper he seems like sn ideal player for us in that role.

Could be loan fees. Could easily be 10 million two take to really good Premier League youngsters for the season.
Wasn't the loan fees/Wages a separate pot to the transfer budget? Seem to remember someone saying that was the case but I could be wrong

Wasn't the loan fees/Wages a separate pot to the transfer budget? Seem to remember someone saying that was the case but I could be wrong
No idea to be honest. It would make sense if the wages for loanees were part of the wage budget for the whole squad but I’d expect loan fees to come from the same pot as transfer fees.

I'd like to think that if a "no-brainer" player becomes available, then would would revisit the finances and reconsider, as long as it's not financial suicide of course.

I know some think differently, but Bettis et all are not stupid i.e. it could be an excellent investment if we did get relegated.

Except we have RND, who is injured, maybe we're not willing to spend on a position we hopefully have a player returning to. To spend £4m on a position we already have a first choice player in our squad but can't currently use, would take up funds from elsewhere.
RND has played more games at LWB and that's his natural position. This position has been needed for years hence the loan signings of Davies and Clark.

RND has played more games at LWB and that's his natural position. This position has been needed for years hence the loan signings of Davies and Clark.

I think he could play both.

I think his health is important if it could allow us to reasses what we do at left back

Maybe if he’s fit and good to go we could look at lowes position to bring in some funds and leave larouci in to back him up.

Certainly wouldn’t let go of Lowe now but he is a saleable asset in a position we are seemingly stocked at IF RND is fit

I have a theory that we don't have the cash to spend big on transfer fees because unlike last time we haven't borrowed against the PL TV monies due later in the season and future parachute payments.

And this is due to not wanting the burden of more debt with the possibility of a takeover.

Maybe we'll have a bit of cash to spend in January regardless of the takeover

I'd like to think that if a "no-brainer" player becomes available, then would would revisit the finances and reconsider, as long as it's not financial suicide of course.

I know some think differently, but Bettis et all are not stupid i.e. it could be an excellent investment if we did get relegated.
Just imaging having another Anel on the other side 😍

Not sure how we link his surname to a body part though 🤔

According to Dazza we've moved on to other targets now because Fenerbache are only interested in permanent transfer, no loan with a view to permanent.

According to Dazza we've moved on to other targets now because Fenerbache are only interested in permanent transfer, no loan with a view to permanent.

They'll change that stance at the end of August if nobody else is willing to stump up the cash.
Would think it unlikely that we'll wait til then though.

They'll change their tune when the Kocs takeover at SUFC goes through shortly though. #AnnounceKocs

They'll change that stance at the end of August if nobody else is willing to stump up the cash.
Would think it unlikely that we'll wait til then though.
I agree. It seems like it's a position we're actively trying to get someone in as a priority.

It is pretty annoying though if we'd got a deal lined up and then Union Berlin come in and mess it up when they seemingly weren't bothered anyway for whatever reason.

Not sure how true but looks to have a number of admirers in last 12 months from PL abd Europe so must be decent.

It'd have been nice if the Prince could have pulled a favour from his mate Baki on this one. Obviously means nothing when it comes down to money

Not sure how much Frieburg or Hoffenheim would be able to offer, but maybe worth having a go at around 8-10 mil with add ons.

Hoffenheim are bankrolled by the guy that owns SAP so aren't short of money. Freiburg have recently moved to a new stadium, so clearly have no other money if we follow average s24su logic that nobody can ever spend on players and the ground at the same time

Back
Top Bottom