Gone Elsewhere Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No from me. On a free for a reason.
Because he's been released by an elite club?

May not be good enough for Arsenal, but he's certainly good enough for us.

Other current free transfers that aren't good enough for us:
Edin Hazard
David De Gea
Manuel Lanzini
Adama Traore
Dmitri Payet
Daichi Kamacha
Lucas Moura
Alexis Sanchez

No from me. On a free for a reason.
I've not seen him for a long time tbh, but he got an England cap 3 years ago!

With all due respect to Fleck and Ozzy, Maitland-Niles would be a big upgrade. I know he's right footed but think he got MOTM in a cup final playing LWB?

So he could probably play anywhere in midfield for us, or either wing back (if needed). He'll want to play regularly in midfield I'd imagine.

This would be great signing I think ability to play multiple positions super useful as we will have a small squad as we know, plus the Shirecliffe Sniper means we're likely to need cover everywhere!

He'd walk straight into the team on the left side of the midfield 3 and should be decent defensively.

Upgraded version of Osborn as someone who can play midfield or wing back.

Midfield is in desperate need of strengthening and he ticks a fair few boxes for us.

He'd walk straight into the team on the left side of the midfield 3 and should be decent defensively.

Upgraded version of Osborn as someone who can play midfield or wing back.

Midfield is in desperate need of strengthening and he ticks a fair few boxes for us.
He’d cover Anel as well as I think Southampton played him as a CB last year

Edin Hazard
David De Gea
Manuel Lanzini
Adama Traore
Dmitri Payet
Daichi Kamacha
Lucas Moura
Alexis Sanchez

Messi

#Sports Mole:
The report adds that teams in continental Europe and the Saudi Pro League are also weighing up the possibility of putting forward a proposal in due course.

He’ll be of to Saudi chasing the monnnnnnney

Messi went to PSG on a free, would he not be good enough either?

I was talking about AMN, the thread is about AMN

Putting Messi in the same bracket as AMN shows you don't know ball.

Edin Hazard
David De Gea
Manuel Lanzini
Adama Traore
Dmitri Payet
Daichi Kamacha
Lucas Moura
Alexis Sanchez
Didsy wasn't good enough

TBH I don't want to sign any players.

If they are released from their clubs they are obvs shit. If they are being sold by their clubs they are obvs shit too.

Don't want academy lads to start either because if they are in the academy and not our first team they are obvs shit too.

Any player that is either free or sold or in an academy is shit.

[Sarcasm]

I was talking about AMN, the thread is about AMN

Putting Messi in the same bracket as AMN shows you don't know ball.

My point is that you can't assume that someone leaving on a free equates to them not being good enough, which is what I'm guessing you are implying (if not, please tell). They might not be good enough (for that club). The club simply might not have a particular use for the player going forward and the cost/benefit of offering a new deal doesn't make sense - Arsenal do have a lot of good players on their books. Heck, someone might go on a free because the club felt them to be indispensable for the season just gone, couldn't come to an agreement with them going forward, but their value to the team is more than just selling them for any old amount to whoever's interested.

Sorry if I'm getting whooshed here, but Maitland-Niles is 25 (so younger than McBurnie and one year older than RND) and has only been contracted to one club in his career. For a journeyman he's barely made it off his own driveway!
Here come this dreaded facts again 🙄

He would be an excellent if not exciting signing who I'd be shocked if we could land. He'd cover several areas and bring a significant uptick within the athleticism of the team, particularly in midfield where it was lacking last season when McAtee and Doyle weren't on the pitch.
On a free, if he fits in without wage structure he'd be a no brainer for me, although I'd say similar about Davies.

It's a resilience signing and we'd do well to make a few more of them.
ANM could come in and competently cover a few positions at PL standard.

Back
Top Bottom