Gone Elsewhere Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
"Arsenal have put Ainsley Maitland-Niles up for sale in a desperate bid to raise money, according to The Sun - just days after he helped win them the FA Cup.

The newspaper claims the midfielder has a price tag of £30m on his head."

If this is true I'd love us to go for him at a reduced price. If we could snap him up for £20m, he can play LWB, RWB and CM great utility player, is pacy and is at a young age, generally think Wilder could get the best out of him.

Thoughts?

It's good that they've told everyone they're desperate for money. Nice bargaining position there Arsenal.

Think we'd be about 18th in the queue there to be honest.

I suggested him as a potential signing a few weeks ago. Think he’d be a great fit for us.

At that price, we can forget about him though. Would take him on a season-long loan if that became an option.

It's good that they've told everyone they're desperate for money. Nice bargaining position there Arsenal.

Could be a decent bit of psychology at work here...

Arsenal actually value him at say £20m, they come out and say they will take £30m and are desperate to sell because they are letting 55 people go.

Buying club puts an offer in at £20-25m thinking they're getting a player for a 30% discount, and Arsenal get ~5m more than they're valuation and deflect the fact that they are making 55 people redundant as they have no money...

Could be a decent bit of psychology at work here...

Arsenal actually value him at say £20m, they come out and say they will take £30m and are desperate to sell because they are letting 55 people go.

Buying club puts an offer in at £20-25m thinking they're getting a player for a 30% discount, and Arsenal get ~5m more than they're valuation and deflect the fact that they are making 55 people redundant as they have no money...
But it ultimately doesn’t matter what Arsenal value him at. If nobody is willing to pay it.

It would be like me saying I’m skint, so I’ll be accepting offers of £1m on my house. It’s worth nowhere near that, people know that, people are aware I’m skint.

Be the dream signing this. Best position is midfield but arsenal play him full back because that is where they are weak. Under cwak this guy gets in the England squad for Euros next year. Be perfect for us with his versatility, be the rcm but could cover 3 or 4 positions.

Sure Villa, Everton and most outside top 4 be after him, but who knows. Great we can even discuss it as an option!

West Brom leading the race for him apparently. Would be a great loan signing for them.

I know he’s mainly a right wing back and we’re covered there, but he’s also played on the left and in midfield.

Would improve us until the end of season. He’s apparently asked for a loan to improve his chances of getting in the England squad for the Euros, so he’d be joining for the right seasons.

Just a shame we aren’t signing anyone this month.

Strange one of the articles on him mentioned he was linked witb WBA and an unnamed team in the top4.

So how good or bad is he? Liverpool good or WBA good?

Good player would love to see it but highly unlikely.

Yeah we should deffo hijack this, if the board have any hope of a revival they should consider this! TAG PRINCE HERE

Just heard the same on TS. I can’t see him turning Saints down to go to West Brom. There’s no reason at all why he would.

Maybe he perceives getting more game time at the Hawthorns?

See West brom signed a striker should be available for when they play us

You would think so but I bet it isn't, aren't footballers covered with this football bubble. Chelsea manager came straight in

Weird that he turned Southampton down, a side that plays some excellent free flowing football. Not sure why he'd think West Brom under big Sam would be more suited to his game.

Unless he didn't back himself to get game time at Southampton.

Weird that he turned Southampton down, a side that plays some excellent free flowing football. Not sure why he'd think West Brom under big Sam would be more suited to his game.

Unless he didn't back himself to get game time at Southampton.

From what i’ve read Southampton wanted him to play as a Wing Back, but he wants to play Midfield; which is what West Brom are offering him.

Back
Top Bottom