Team for West Ham??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Like all Blades fans I am totally shocked and embarrassed by yesterday's performance and result. Changes must be made as there were warning signs in the previous games, however, it's not realistic to make wholsale changes as we just haven't got the personnel. Obviously Baldock (if fit) and McBurnie have to play. Here's the team I would field against the hammers:

GK. Wes (not good to ship 8 goals and confidence will have took a hit, but there were no obvious errors and he has been excellent so far this season)
RWB. Baldock/Bogle (If Furious isn't fit I just don't see any alternatives).
LWB. Thomas (again no real choice but in fairness he wasn't the worst of the defenders yesterday either)
RCH. Bash (Anel needs dropping - he has been our worst player this season, probably not helped by Egan's form either but there must be changes)
CH. Trusty (I've no idea whether he is any good or not, but if he doesn't play now then what was the point in spendinmg £5 million on him)
LCH. Robbo (amazingly he has been our best defender....shows how bad we have been in that area)
CM. Souza. (Like many on here I have not been impressed but there really doesn't appear to be many choices)
RM. Hamer. (awful yesterday but has some credit in the bank)
LM. McAtee (the least of our problems against the Geordies)
CF. McBurnie (No brainer)
CF Archer (awful yesterday but also has some credit in the bank)

Other options? Maybe play Slimane and drop Souza (with Hamer moving to centre-midfield)

I wouldn't be playing Davies as I thought he was just terrible when he came on.....at least Slimane looked like a footballer.

Wes
Baldock Bash Anel Robinson Thomas
Hamer Souza Davies
McAtee
McBurnie

Wes
Baldock Bash Anel Trusty Thomas
Hamer Souza Davies
Mcatee McBurnie

It's harsh on Robinson but he's part of a defence that's leaking goals and another player who needs to be taken out of the firing line. I don't want Bash in there but I think Anel is better than Egan centrally so we have no other choice other than Basham or going to a back four and conceding 8 again.

Wes
Baldock Bash Anel Trusty Thomas
Hamer Souza Davies
Mcatee McBurnie

It's harsh on Robinson but he's part of a defence that's leaking goals and another player who needs to be taken out of the firing line. I don't want Bash in there but I think Anel is better than Egan centrally so we have no other choice other than Basham or going to a back four and conceding 8 again.
You were making sense until I noticed you put Davies in, WTF he looks totally unfit. Have a look at goals 6 and 8 again.

Think it will be unchanged except mcb and Baldock if fit. Trusty will remain an unknown quality. Hecky doesn't do changes does he

Hecky's got one of two choices.

Put exactly the same team out and ask them to prove to him that they're good enough to play at this level

Change the goalkeeper and the CB's and make them wait to get back into the side.

If poor old Trusty can't get a game after that shit show, he might as well board the next plane back to America.

I am not normally one for kneejerk reactions but Anel and Egan aren't working together, so something needs to change there. Otherwise it's just a case of getting Baldock back in if fit and getting McB back up top.
Both of those are leaders and wouldn't have accepted that capitulation yesterday.

-------------------Wes---------------------
----------Anel----JLT---Trusty-----------
Baldock---Hamer--Souza---Thomas
-----------------McAtee-------------------
----------Archer-----McBurnie----------

Old school 5-4-1 to try and deal with the set piece/crossing issues

----------------Wes-------------------

Baldock Egan Anel Trusty Robbo
--------------Souza------------------
-------Hamer----- Davies* -----------
--------------McAtee --------------

-------------McBurnie----------------

Defence first, build from a strong base. Don't care if Robbo doesn't get forward, allow Baldock to do it down the right and JLT can tuck in to keep a back 4 if Baldock does get up the pitch.

*Slimane if Davies isn't fit.

You were making sense until I noticed you put Davies in, WTF he looks totally unfit. Have a look at goals 6 and 8 again.
You look at the physicality of the Newcastle team and then compare it to ours , then , to top it all off we bring on an overweight Shaggy impersonator with rolled down socks .

As someone else has said - doesn't matter who you choose we're just not good enough , strong enough , have no style , method , rhyme , or reason - the starting point for almost every game will be damage limitation .

Its horrendous

Yep I agree. I just don’t want Norwood in there & McAtee/ Hamer don’t track back.

I think if Fleck was fit I’d rather have him in, that’s where Norwoods form has been in the past couple of games. Choosing to not sign Doyle looks a big mistake.

I am not normally one for kneejerk reactions but Anel and Egan aren't working together, so something needs to change there. Otherwise it's just a case of getting Baldock back in if fit and getting McB back up top.
Both of those are leaders and wouldn't have accepted that capitulation yesterday.

-------------------Wes---------------------
----------Anel----JLT---Trusty-----------
Baldock---Hamer--Souza---Thomas
-----------------McAtee-------------------
----------Archer-----McBurnie----------
You won't see JLT in the middle, you're more likely to see Trusty in the middle. Strange that we all thought the defence was well covered when we signed Trusty, its by far our weakest position.

You won't see JLT in the middle, you're more likely to see Trusty in the middle. Strange that we all thought the defence was well covered when we signed Trusty, its by far our weakest position.

Fair enough, Happy either way round. Just needs a bit of a shake up I think.

Has anyone seen Trusty play in reserve / u23 games? His highlights reel looked ok (but don't they all!!!), and sounded like he's clued up tactically. Give him a run to see if he sinks or swims? Otherwise what's the point in his signing?!?

I remember the days 5 million quid for us was a lot of cash now we spend that much on a bench warmer.

Egan somehow needs a full reset. He's been an absolute rock over the past few years (albeit in championship), but he looks lost in everything he does this season! He's often out of position, doesn't pick up his marker, doesn't win any defensive headers, and it's a complete waste of time him going up for attacking corners since if he gets his head to the ball it flies into row z of kop! :(

Love jlt's commitment to defending (i.e. making sure he clears out the man after winning the tackle), but I reckon he was lucky to stay on yesterday. His relief when the ref only showed him a yellow was obvious to see. Playing away, with away fans demanding blood, I reckon he'd have been sent off in many games for dangerous intent...even though he won the ball!

We’re leaking goals so defence needs to be priority, dependant on fitness I’d go -

————- Wes —————
— Bash - Anel - Trusty —
Baldock ————— Thomas
——Souza ———Hamer —
———— McAtee ————
———McB ——Archer —-

Trusty needs to be in the back 3 now, he can’t be worse than we already have and needs to establish himself there.

Posted this on Deadbats report earlier:

Will be very interesting to see the starting 11 next week.
I don’t think Hecky will do anything drastic and I know a lot of fans are not keen on a back 4.
But for me the back 5 has broken down. The wing backs rarely get forward let alone the CB’s! Plus we can’t defend crosses!

Maybe something like this could reignite a bit of belief?

Wes
Baldock Anel Trusty Thomas
Hamer Souza Davies
McAtee
McB Archer

I know Souza has looked a bit immobile the last 2, but he was immense against Forest.
And I know Davies looked terrible yesterday when he came on. The game had already gone by then though and at least he was trying. He came here to be box to box, let’s give him that chance.

Back
Top Bottom