Gone Elsewhere Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How long was messi out of contract for?

Wasn't over a month surely.
I don't think that how long he was out of contract was the point.
The original argument was that anyone who was out of contract wasn't any good because their club didn't want them.
Messi was an example to show that wasn't necessarily always true

Good player, but I'm unsure who's place he takes. If we really are keen it should be doable. Say he wants 50k, perhaps we structure as 30k with a £1m signing fee and £1m staying up bonus each year. Also a low release clause on relegation if we're going to cut wages if we go down.

I asked my Southampton contact. Was he good last season? "Nah".

Said he's composed on the ball but no urgency and too much strolling about. Though was moved about a lot positionally.

Lets say he wants £60K per week.

Give him a 12 months contract and that equates to £3.12m

There's a lot of footballer there for £3m

This is the very reason we're shopping in the basement, so we can offset the transfer fees to wages
And have yet another contract expiring next summer ?
3 years and a release clause if we go down

Matt that exactly, this isn't a communist state where everyone gets paid the same salary. We have to get away from this idea that we can't pay better players more money, it's just life. Higher performers earn more than lower performers and if they don't they move somewhere where they do. Who thinks Osbourn and Fleck deserve as much as Anel and Berge?
Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou ? ;)

This would be great signing I think ability to play multiple positions super useful as we will have a small squad as we know, plus the Shirecliffe Sniper means we're likely to need cover everywhere!
He would be good insurance.

He could be back up for Basham being back up for Anel, which could well mean in 12 months he could be first choice RCB!

He could be back up for Bogle being injured often who is back up for Baldock.

He could be back up for Berge who will be perpetually linked to an 11th hour departure which is almost as regular as Jim White wearing a yellow tie (when he did the show!).

He could be a right foot e Ben Osborn but also cover centre half. Ruined the thought now haven’t I? 😆

He would be good insurance.

He could be back up for Basham being back up for Anel, which could well mean in 12 months he could be first choice RCB!

He could be back up for Bogle being injured often who is back up for Baldock.

He could be back up for Berge who will be perpetually linked to an 11th hour departure which is almost as regular as Jim White wearing a yellow tie (when he did the show!).

He could be a right foot e Ben Osborn but also cover centre half. Ruined the thought now haven’t I? 😆
Tbf he is basically a right footed Ben Osborne in terms of the positions he can cover. A more talented version granted but one who historically has shown he doesn’t work as hard and costs more. But for a side operating on a shoe string I understand the interest on a free.

Remember that there is very rarely a “free”. Instead of a transfer fee going to the source club, one instead goes to the player (and agent). Usually less than a transfer fee, but nowhere near free.

Wonder if the trusty will help us approach maitland-Nile’s?

Back
Top Bottom