CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After almost a lifetime in the championship I understand the general level of goalkeeping there, enough to form my own opinion of where Ramsdale ranks in that area..

A desperation to bring that down to individual names does seem a bit FIFA 21 to me.

You aren't Ricky, are you? :)
Why are we wasting our time on scouts and goalkeeping coaches, we could just appoint you?

Or
Why are we wasting our time on scouts and goalkeeping coaches, we could just appoint you?
Or you, who seems to be sure that Ramsdale is better than average Championship keepers. It works both ways.

But as you're of the opinion that our coaches and scouts are above questioning, presumably you're happy with the transfer business we've done, and will openly support Wilder with it..........?

If we made a profit on Ramsdale it would free up cash / wages to spend elsewhere on the team
I know we would have to sign another keeper as Moore and Foderingham are not up to the job and not forgetting the forgotten man the enigma that is Verrips
Why did we buy Verrips?
Whose idea was that?
Will he ever recover from that knock he received?
Will ye no' come back again?

Or

Or you, who seems to be sure that Ramsdale is better than average Championship keepers. It works both ways.

But as you're of the opinion that our coaches and scouts are above questioning, presumably you're happy with the transfer business we've done, and will openly support Wilder with it..........?
Far from it, and think we would've done better this season given our limited budget NOT signing Ramsdale and Brewster, and signing a keeper for £5mil instead actually.
But I like him, I'm glad we've got him, and think he'll be far away the best keeper in the Championship next year. No interest in selling him for even what we paid.

Far from it, and think we would've done better this season given our limited budget NOT signing Ramsdale and Brewster, and signing a keeper for £5mil instead actually.
But I like him, I'm glad we've got him, and think he'll be far away the best keeper in the Championship next year. No interest in selling him for even what we paid.
But you feel you can make those judgments, and by your own inplication, that must mean you know better than the coaching staff / scouts.

I don’t understand the apparent double standard.

Further - you think we’d have been better off with a £5m keeper, but have no interest in recouping the “£15m” we’ve paid - which seems even more bizarre?

But you feel you can make those judgments, and by your own inplication, that must mean you know better than the coaching staff / scouts.

I don’t understand the apparent double standard.

Further - you think we’d have been better off with a £5m keeper, but have no interest in recouping the “£15m” we’ve paid - which seems even more bizarre?
Why's it so hard for you to grasp?

I think we would've last season yes, because of the finite budget we obviously had. And there was more pressing positions, such as a complete lack of depth and creativity in midfield, so Foster and say, Buendia to pluck a name out the sky would've been better.
But now we've got him and have ploughed a season of PL football into him, to sell him for the price we paid would just be bonkers. Considering he, in my opinion, will be the best goalkeeper in the Championship next season.

Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has made it clear he wants to remain with Sheffield United even if they are relegated to the Championship.
Ramsdale
, 22, has endured a tough season with the Blades. They sit rock bottom of the Premier League standings and have little chance of avoiding the drop
TEAMtalk

Why's it so hard for you to grasp?

I think we would've last season yes, because of the finite budget we obviously had. And there was more pressing positions, such as a complete lack of depth and creativity in midfield, so Foster and say, Buendia to pluck a name out the sky would've been better.
But now we've got him and have ploughed a season of PL football into him, to sell him for the price we paid would just be bonkers. Considering he, in my opinion, will be the best goalkeeper in the Championship next season.
It's hard for me to grasp because of your suggestion that we couldn't afford the extra £10m with a turnover of £200M, but will happily do so with a turnover of a fraction of that.

It's hard for me to grasp because when I question one point about his quality versus his cost, you suggest I must think I know more than the coaches and scouts. But yet you seem to forever question plenty of other signings, and the manager, when they clearly know far than you about these things than you do.

Your logic seems utterly bizarre to me, but let's agree to disagree ;)

So you’d rate him a higher value than we paid for him!

I’d love to play anything involving money with you! 😂
I’ll say this much. You’ve definitely picked the right username. Although Piss artist 24/7 might have been better? Only in S2 could some 🤡 suggest we pay £18.5m for England U21’s undisputed number one, and then sell him for less than we paid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 McCabe obviously brainwashed more than we realised with his stupid sell for bobbins to mortgage workspace/hotel nonsense.

I’ll say this much. You’ve definitely picked the right username. Although Piss artist 24/7 might have been better? Only in S2 could some 🤡 suggest we pay £18.5m for England U21’s undisputed number one, and then sell him for less than we paid 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 McCabe obviously brainwashed more than we realised with his stupid sell for bobbins to mortgage workspace/hotel nonsense.
However pissed I am, I’m intelligent enough to understand that “recoup what we paid” means not taking a loss.

So perhaps my excuse is alcohol.

It seems you’re just fucking thick!:D

Fucking hell, some people saying they’ll happily sell him, he’s had a poor season yes (even though he’s kept us in games recently) but so has everyone else, get behind him ffs!!
Some of the people on this forum need to go and support another club.

However pissed I am, I’m intelligent enough to understand that “recoup what we paid” means not taking a loss.

So perhaps my excuse is alcohol.

It seems you’re just fucking thick!:D
So let me see if I’ve got this right? We pay £18.5m for England U21’s undisputed first choice keeper and give him a 4/5 year contract. We then sell him for what we paid to another premier league club, who are desperate for a keeper, because their keepers are pushing 40, and that’s good business? In what universe does another premier league club buy an England U21 international and then sell him for what they paid? Because of brexit English born players are at a premium, but we should sell for what we paid? Muppet.

So let me see if I’ve got this right? We pay £18.5m for England U21’s undisputed first choice keeper and give him a 4/5 year contract. We then sell him for what we paid to another premier league club, who are desperate for a keeper, because their keepers are pushing 40, and that’s good business? In what universe does another premier league club buy an England U21 international and then sell him for what they paid? Because of brexit English born players are at a premium, but we should sell for what we paid? Muppet.
So, you’ve accepted “recouping what we paid” isn’t “selling for a loss” which was your original straw man point.

You’re still really thick, but making progress.

Next lesson 2 + 2 = ?

So, you’ve accepted “recouping what we paid” isn’t “selling for a loss” which was your original straw man point.

You’re still really thick, but making progress.

Next lesson 2 + 2 = ?
Fuck off you thick fuck.

Unless West Ham match the fee that was paid to Bournemouth, I'd like to see how he gets on in the Championship.

Our wage bill will be enormous for the championship, and the parachute payments will be swallowed up in no time if we don’t adjust.

From our current squad, I’ve seen far and away our best performances from a midfield that didn’t contain Berge. That’s a free hit for me.
I disagree Watford Bournemouth etc much bigger wage bill

I would be shocked if Ramsdale wanted to leave given he had to be persuaded last time and West Ham aren't going to make us an offer we can't refuse.

I disagree Watford Bournemouth etc much bigger wage bill
I’m sure so. Which part of my post do you disagree with?

Out of interest, have they sold any players (I’m honestly not sure, but I suspect they have).

Agreed - however, I did start with “if we could recoup our fee”.

There’s some inevitable big player sales coming up - so we’ve got to decide where, and how easily the hole can be plugged.

Number one sale would be Berge, for me.
Best thing to do in it. Sell Berge, Sell Berge , Sell Berge. Get the talented players out Wilder. Come on.it’s the Blades way!!!!!!!

Absolutely spot on! Fantastic keeper (since January), but could have been reinvested in a midfielder. However, I said from day 1 Brewster was poor business, we didn't need a young kid who is unproven in the PL, not in our second season in the Premiership - whoever decision or target that really needed questioning because it was obvious it was the wrong choice.

We 100% could have signed Swift (for example) if we redistributed the budget into other areas. I'm not sure if this was Wilder or the board to be fair, but whoever it was is obviously going to need to be accountable for this. It is a poor business decision at the end of the day regardless of the nature of the sector.

Absolutely spot on! Fantastic keeper (since January), but could have been reinvested in a midfielder. However, I said from day 1 Brewster was poor business, we didn't need a young kid who is unproven in the PL, not in our second season in the Premiership - whoever decision or target that really needed questioning because it was obvious it was the wrong choice.

We 100% could have signed Swift (for example) if we redistributed the budget into other areas. I'm not sure if this was Wilder or the board to be fair, but whoever it was is obviously going to need to be accountable for this. It is a poor business decision at the end of the day regardless of the nature of the sector.
We didn't need a striker at all, we were desperate for a midfielder with some creativity

I’m sure so. Which part of my post do you disagree with?

Out of interest, have they sold any players (I’m honestly not sure, but I suspect they have).
Bournemouth sold josh King Norwich sold Ben Godfrey bonfire sale Norwich resisted selling there top players I feel the Prince wants the wage bill down but
It is nearly half Burnleys

Interesting to see jim phipps on twitter saying sales are inevitable if united don't get this right they will screw it for years and go back to the old blades way sell sell sell.

Id love United to say let's get back up first time keep the core together and add quality not quantity

We need a striker
No we don't. We never did. We were much much more desperate for midfield creativity and someone to provide regular high quality chances for the strikers we do have.

No we don't. We never did. We were much much more desperate for midfield creativity and someone to provide regular high quality chances for the strikers we do have.
Hold on Strikers have got in good postions and can't score we need a real quality striker maybe European

Bournemouth sold josh King Norwich sold Ben Godfrey bonfire sale Norwich resisted selling there top players I feel the Prince wants the wage bill down but
It is nearly half Burnleys

Interesting to see jim phipps on twitter saying sales are inevitable if united don't get this right they will screw it for years and go back to the old blades way sell sell sell.

Id love United to say let's get back up first time keep the core together and add quality not quantity
I agree. I don’t think we should, or would sell all our top players.

But like Bournemouth and Watford have done, we will have to sell (and sign) some players.

Given that, back to the original point, I wouldn’t include Ramsdale in our “top players” list, and recouping our (very large) fee would seem like good business to me.

We didn't need a striker at all, we were desperate for a midfielder with some creativity
The view that we “didn’t need a striker at all” wasn’t widely held.

The vast majority of people (IMO) had a new striker as their number one priority.

Back
Top Bottom