Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From West Ham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

First is worst

Standard West Ham pessimism followed by standard West Ham tevez jibes.

Around Sunday teatime, the bubble will burst!

Not sure who for though 🫣

I’m afraid it will come as a shock if we try to bully them out of the game :(

Don't mind West Ham to be honest. You have to feel sorry for a club who gave up a ground that had one of the best atmospheres in the world to move to a soulless shitbowl

If the ref treats this as a game between equals I think we have a chance of being competitive. If he refs it like our games against Liverpool, City etc they'll get so many free kicks that odds on Soucek scores at least once because we can't defend crosses

The Tevez thing really boils their piss, still. They see themselves as the victims, that the fines nearly put the club out of business etc. The thing is, neither club has any connection with the regimes that were involved in all that, it’s only the fans who perpetuate the whole rivalry.

For my part, I wish we hadn’t gone the court case route - not sure what good it did us in the long run, other than making us seem petty.

The Tevez thing really boils their piss, still. They see themselves as the victims, that the fines nearly put the club out of business etc. The thing is, neither club has any connection with the regimes that were involved in all that, it’s only the fans who perpetuate the whole rivalry.

For my part, I wish we hadn’t gone the court case route - not sure what good it did us in the long run, other than making us seem petty.
I guarantee you that West Ham would have been going to court if things were the other way around. The PL bent their rules to suit one club over another

At the reverse fixture had their fans helping me carry pints and apologising for Tevez. Even if they aren't being twats they are still Tevez obsessed. Let it go!

Reading those comments you would think none of them went to the home game. We've improved since then and they may be worse with their injuries but it's a massive gap foe us to close to beat them.

Thanks Roy.

I am hoping that a), we compete, & b), we get a positive result. Might not be enough in the scheme of things but we need to get something going for the collective minds of the players, as well as supporters.

Don’t mind West Ham or their fans. Two gritty fan bases, I’d chomp your hand off for the success they’ve had in recent history. Looking forward to a rough and tumble type game, we’ve had a massive rest but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll be on it but with Wilder at the helm it’s difficult to see how we won’t be.

It’s a good time to play these by all accounts so let’s get at ‘em and not take our foot off the gas, momentum from Gillingham please.

Cheers roy, like others have said they live in the past with tevez , me like most others have long gone past that episode. Im amazed they didnt let us know they won the world cup in 66

The Tevez thing , it's in their head worse than ours, can somebody let them know it was a lifetime ago and we've moved on.

Anyway, I'd better get back to making my big cardboard chip pan in time for Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom