The Next Six Games for the Doomed Teams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
If Luton dont lose every game i will be very surprised.

Sheffield United (20th)

Man United H

Arsenal A

Wolves H

Brighton A

Bournemouth H

Burnley A

Bournemouth (19th)​

Wolves H

Burnley H

Man City A

Newcastle H

Sheffield United A

Aston Villa H

Burnley (18th)​

Brentford A

Bournemouth A

Crystal Palace H

Arsenal A

West Ham H

Sheffield United H

Luton (17th)​

Nottingham Forest A

Aston Villa A

Liverpool H

Man United A

Crystal Palace H

Brentford A

Everton (16th)​

Liverpool A

West Ham A

Brighton H

Crystal Palace A

Man United H

Nottingham Forest A

2 wins and a draw gets us out of the bottom 3.

I predict:

Blades = 5pts
Bournemouth = 4pts
Burnley = 1pt
Luton = 3pts
Everton = 2pts

Would leave the table like this:

16th Everton 9pts
17th Luton 7pts
----------------------------
18th AFCB 7pts
19th Blades 6pts
20th Burnley 5pts

I predict:

Blades = 5pts
Bournemouth = 4pts
Burnley = 1pt
Luton = 3pts
Everton = 2pts

16th Everton 9pts
17th Luton 7pts
18th AFCB 7pts
19th Blades 6pts
20th Burnley 5pts
I will take that as a base to go forward, especially if the performances were positive.

I predict:

Blades = 5pts
Bournemouth = 4pts
Burnley = 1pt
Luton = 3pts
Everton = 2pts

16th Everton 9pts
17th Luton 7pts
18th AFCB 7pts
19th Blades 6pts
20th Burnley 5pts
I think we have a very good chance of 6 points.

Sheffield United (20th)

Man United H

Arsenal A

Wolves H

Brighton A

Bournemouth H

Burnley A

Bournemouth (19th)​

Wolves H

Burnley H

Man City A

Newcastle H

Sheffield United A

Aston Villa H

Burnley (18th)​

Brentford A

Bournemouth A

Crystal Palace H

Arsenal A

West Ham H

Sheffield United H

Luton (17th)​

Nottingham Forest A

Aston Villa A

Liverpool H

Man United A

Crystal Palace H

Brentford A

Everton (16th)​

Liverpool A

West Ham A

Brighton H

Crystal Palace A

Man United H

Nottingham Forest A

They have already won a game more than us, I'd wager they will pick up more points over these games than we manage if we carry on!
Lolz!

I predict:

Blades = 5pts
Bournemouth = 4pts
Burnley = 1pt
Luton = 3pts
Everton = 2pts

16th Everton 9pts
17th Luton 7pts
18th AFCB 7pts
19th Blades 6pts
20th Burnley 5pts
No offence, but where are you getting 5 points for us from? Is this based on things you've seen or just optimism, blind faith and hope?

weve got to be looking at a minimum 7 points from those games 2 wins against wolves and bournemouth and a draw at burnley were getting nothing from the other 3 games
We know what we need to get, but realistically playing the way we are, the lack of tactical changes being made to try to change things during matches, and the number of injuries we're getting, what are we likely to get, realistically? That's the main question.

No offence, but where are you getting 5 points for us from? Is this based on things you've seen or just optimism, blind faith and hope?

In my opinion, we Beat either Wolves or Bournemouth at home - draw with the other and draw at Burnley

Sheffield United (20th)

Man United H - L

Arsenal A - L - hecky sacked
Wolves H - W

Brighton A - L

Bournemouth H - W

Burnley A - D

Bournemouth (19th)​

Wolves H - D

Burnley H - W

Man City A - L

Newcastle H - L

Sheffield United A - L

Aston Villa H - D

Burnley (18th)​

Brentford A - L

Bournemouth A - L

Crystal Palace H - W

Arsenal A - L

West Ham H - L

Sheffield United H - D

Luton (17th)​

Nottingham Forest A - L

Aston Villa A - L

Liverpool H - L

Man United A - L

Crystal Palace H - D

Brentford A - D

Everton (16th)​

Liverpool A - L

West Ham A - L

Brighton H - W

Crystal Palace A - D

Man United H - D

Nottingham Forest A - W

7 points from 18 for us. Thats probably being too optimistic. I still believe if we lose to Man U and Arsenal, Hecky will be sacked. I am torn on this myself, but, I just cannot see our owner wanting his prize assets value dropping too much and he will pull the trigger. Expect probably Wilder back.....again dont want that either.

So only Bournemouth and Burnley where we have a chance of picking up points,

We have a punchers chance against Burnley and Bournemouth if we remember how to pass a football and defend. If we carry on with the same shite defensive performances with a hoof forward every now and again we’ll get 0 points.

Ironically we probably have more chance of a point by sitting in a low block against Man U and Arsenal than we do of actually playing a ‘winnable’ game with the current tactics employed.

The premier league is made up of three separate leagues. We are definitely third tier but the important thing to remember is that we have only played one of our bottom 7 rivals (and got a draw out of that!).

13 games to go and 39 points up for grabs.

Seriously though given that Hecky's services have been retained I choose to believe that he will have been heavily leaned on to use this free week for a tactical rethink of some sort and draw a line under the last 3 games. Whether that's on the training pitch or just taking the squad out fishing or summat like Bassett would have done.

We know what we need to get, but realistically playing the way we are, the lack of tactical changes being made to try to change things during matches, and the number of injuries we're getting, what are we likely to get, realistically? That's the main question.
instead of having 5 at the back and 2 upfront we need to lose 1 from either end of the pitch and get 5 in midfield not saying it will work but we have to stop teams breezing through our midfield through lack of numbers if hecky carries on with this 532 system weve no chance of staying up imo

That strategy did get us 3 points at Old Trafford in 2021, I suppose.... clutching at straws here.

All of the above sums up 90 % of Blades - well , it certainly does me

The premier league is made up of three separate leagues. We are definitely third tier but the important thing to remember is that we have only played one of our bottom 7 rivals (and got a draw out of that!).

13 games to go and 39 points up for grabs.
thank you

Unless something miraculous happens over the break we will lose the next 2 games and team spirit will be at an all time low. Hecky's job is on the line and if we get 3 or 4 points from the next 4 games I'll be amazed. Hecky seems totally devoid of ideas to change the system we play. I respect the guy immensely, but we are in free fall at the moment and unfortunately I do not see that he or his assistants have the ability to turn it round. Not so Constantly Optimistic at the moment. The 8-0 capitulation v Newcastle was a terrible historic moment in my 50+ years of watching the Blades. Well in 134 years of history. I think we are in serious shit after showing some sort of form for a couple of games. Fulham are going to be down there soon, and we made them look good. I just hope we struggle through to the end of the season without totally imploding, otherwise League one beckons.
I am not a doom and gloom merchant, just a realist. The lack of "news" or any media posts from the club is baffling beyond belief. There is a definite malaise setting in which is seriously worrying.

Back
Top Bottom