Roy's View From... View From West Ham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure how they think they were the better team.

Conceding 21 shots against Sheffield United should be enough for fans of any team to crawl under a rock and never be seen again.

We had massively the better chances, a free header for Trusty and a 1 on 1 for BBD

On another day it would have been 2 or 3.

Apart from their deflected goal and penalty they had very little clear cut chances.

Haven't seen the xG but expect it favoured us massively

Most of their fans must have watched a different game.

How can they say, that they were better than us and did enough for the win? They was one if the worst sides to come to the lane this season and to say they are 6th!
Getting outpossesed and out shot by us this season is no mean feat, they need to consider that Luton caused us more problems.

Looking through the BBC and guardian comments aswell as Moyes reaction I'm still confused why they seem to think they should have put the game to bed. We played some brilliant stuff at times and could have been up on multiple occasions. Stat don't fucking lie.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_130320_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_130320_Chrome.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2
Reading those comments made me think I was watching a different game. I only caught the second half, and I thought it was fairly even. Turned it off after the sending off for Brewster and missed the rest.

Seeing the stats for the first half and where the balance of play was for the game on FOTMOB, you'd think we were the ones who were robbed of a win.

One things for certain, now that opposition fans are whinging about us again, we know we're doing something right.

I’d normally like to argue why it wasn’t a pen and how Bowen had hold of Ahmedhozic first etc.

But it might be more satisfying saying it was a cast iron pen and work on the assumption that even by the football God’s standards they are allowing us to exact our revenge via the death by a thousand cuts methods, made up of last minute controversies all going our way; Snodgrass prematurely cupping his ears, Bowen having a good moan etc 🤣

Football eh? Love it!

To be fair to the ref the Coufal red card was off the back of 2 quick fire yellows. The “big decisions” were no complaints. The problem is always consistency as Chris was saying how we didn’t get the advantage of Brentford going down to 10 men yet Brewster is sent off for less. It was a clumsy challenge 10-15 years ago probably only a yellow, 25-30 years ago get up and play on. But Brewster gave the option when really it was lazy play. By all means press high but that means effort and getting close but not diving in, just putting him under pressure would have done. Even if you force a throw in, it makes the opposition think
I probably wasn’t clear, the Brewster red was such an obvious red, I wasn’t sure why the ref thought it was only a yellow. He dived in to block and took out the man. As you say, in the past it wouldn’t have been a red but modern day we know it is, so don’t be daft

Yawn. "They were shit, it was our reserves, ref screwed us."

The lap of honour one is funny though. Yes, the players did a full lap of honour because we got a point against the 4th or 5th best team in London 😂
But it's not a lap of honour is it?

The players do it every game to thanks the fans. We were doing it after getting smashed in league 1,so nothing for West Ham fans to get proud about

Most of their fans must have watched a different game.

How can they say, that they were better than us and did enough for the win? They was one if the worst sides to come to the lane this season and to say they are 6th!
These are the fans chanting "you don't know what your doing" at a manager that has them 6th in the premier league.

Strange bunch

“We were awful really and made them look better than us.”

No we made us look better than them. Trusty had Bowen in his pocket all night.

Brewster was red (shut up Wilder, you bought him but don’t make yourself look more stupid defending an out of control off the floor lunge). Both pens looked 50/50 and late penalty call for them was clearly Bowen trying to win one. Even motd pundits blamed him.

Talking of motd what happened to all our chances int 1st half? Edited out? First action was their first shot on goal that went in

But it's not a lap of honour is it?

The players do it every game to thanks the fans. We were doing it after getting smashed in league 1,so nothing for West Ham fans to get proud about
That's the point

Not sure how they think they were the better team.

Conceding 21 shots against Sheffield United should be enough for fans of any team to crawl under a rock and never be seen again.

We had massively the better chances, a free header for Trusty and a 1 on 1 for BBD

On another day it would have been 2 or 3.

Apart from their deflected goal and penalty they had very little clear cut chances.

Haven't seen the xG but expect it favoured us massively
They were the worst team we’ve played. Not sure how they’re so high up. Red wasn’t buying their gamesmanship, especially from Zouma and Coufal either.

West Ham scored with two opportunities, they didn’t offer much else and we had far more possession, always looked to get on and hold the ball, they had huge gaps in midfield

Cheers Panchero!

Don’t forget they won the World Cup for us in 66, and football any other way than the “West Ham way” is hoofball played by Championship thugs, got to love those cheeky hammers.

Chants of 'who the fucking hell are you' at several of our players - well they are a top top club after all, so that's only fair to be so arrogant - we are mere shit under their shoes and deserve their big club contempt
- 'Champions of Europe - you'll never sing that' - IMO claiming to be champions of europe after winning the europa league is laughable, but fair play they have won a european title, more than we have managed.
Europa Conference League. Not Europa League.

They were probably favourites to win it as well.

I think we should all get Michael Salisbury masks made, in homage to the under beleaguered match day referee… Although I don’t know when we’d get another chance to wear them. ☹️

Y'know what...I'd more or less forgotten about the whole Tevez thing. It's 17 years ago...it's in the past. It happened, we got fucked, they got away with it, but meh...it's ancient history.

BUT.

Seeing them whinging about the premier league being "corrupt" and "against west ham" has brought it all back. How the FUCK do they, as a fanbase, have the audacity to accuse a league that closed ranks to protect them, when they cheated, lied, lied AGAIN and got away with it, of being in some way biased AGAINST them, is beyond belief.

Oh boo fucking hoo you cockney twats...a couple of decisions went against you. This is a league/organisation that conspired to PROTECT you when you broke its rules, and then lied about doing so.

Fuck off, and then fuck off a bit more. And then when you're done fucking off, fuck off a little bit more. Fuck off all the way back to your taxpayer-funded stadium, and take Bobby fucking Moore with you, you corrupt cockney cunts.

Back
Top Bottom