CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

think 3 keepers will be on the move this summer henderson pope johnstone and now possibly rammy tottenham and west ham will get 2 of them im a fan of rammys always have been from watching him at cliffe but if we get say a 20m offer for him i might be tempted to sell we need players in other positions and still got foderingham and moore who both might be good enough for the championship

Totally agree god knows who we would get to replace him who would be as good.
There is a couple at Wednesday that we could try and get i guess.
I’m not sure if you’re being serious?

At the lowest end of the possible fees we’ve paid - that’s £10,000,000. Other estimates have it at £18,000,000.

On balance, are there really fans out there who would rate what they’ve seen at anywhere near that value?

£2,000,000 would buy plenty of decent championship keepers.

We will, which will probably mean us losing £20m a season after parachute payments. So sales will need to be made, in my opinion.

We can make them in a a structured way to command fees and enable restructuring, or risk watching players walk for free in a year or two’s time.
£20 million a season after parachute payments?
I doubt we will paying more than £20m in total.

Lundstram is the only player under Wilders watch who has left for free at the end of his contract, something which I doubt very much will be repeated

In other news foderingham is terrible and Moore has not played a match for a season and we were looking to get replace with verrips and the aforementioned foderingham.

Lundstram is the only player under Wilders watch who has left for free at the end of his contract, something which I doubt very much will be repeated
I’m fairly sure we were losing more than £10,000,000 a season before we got to the premier league.

I’d be very surprised if after growing the squad, our losses were as low as £20m, parachute payments aside.

The point being, where possible we should cut our cloth before we get to the point of making those losses.

Players end up walking for free when the club can’t match their pay expectations - that’s exactly what happens when you fall from a high level.

In other news foderingham is terrible and Moore has not played a match for a season and we were looking to get replace with verrips and the aforementioned foderingham.

I have this 'orrible feeling that Lunny will sign a new contract with us, largely because it could be that no-one else wants him

Delighted to be proved wrong, obviously :)

I have this 'orrible feeling that Lunny will sign a new contract with us, largely because it could be that no-one else wants him

Delighted to be proved wrong, obviously :)
I wonder if the same contract is now on offer? I doubt it / hope not.

As he’s a freebie, he’ll get a better offer elsewhere.

i'd only go for a deal if we made a profit after wages paid from this season and the original fee paid... i'm talking £20m+ especially to a club like WHU with their coffers...

I would then go for an experienced player like Etheridge who'd be affordable, provide us solidity and who could cut it in the EPL. He's also 30/31 so another 4 years left in him at a decent level.

We then reinvest the Ramsdale and Berge (assuming he goes too) money in keeping the rest of the squad, and also rebuilding the midfield, bring back Coulibaly from Beerschot as CAM, a CM (swift), RCB and LCB (cooper).

Last edited:
I’m not sure if you’re being serious?

At the lowest end of the possible fees we’ve paid - that’s £10,000,000. Other estimates have it at £18,000,000.

On balance, are there really fans out there who would rate what they’ve seen at anywhere near that value?

£2,000,000 would buy plenty of decent championship keepers.
I'd rather have the best goalkeeper in the Championship than a decent one.
It was the difference between promotion and not last time out.

If we can get 20 million for him I’d deal. And spend 3/4million on Mat Ryan and a few million quid on a promising younger one like, say the Plymouth keeper

I'd rather have the best goalkeeper in the Championship than a decent one.
It was the difference between promotion and not last time out.
Well so would I. And that won't be Aaron Ramsdale.

If we can get 20 million for him I’d deal. And spend 3/4million on Mat Ryan and a few million quid on a promising younger one like, say the Plymouth keeper

I like Matt Ryan, but I'd see Arsenal making a play for him on a permanent deal. Good prem keeper, not sure he'd need to drop to the championship

I like Matt Ryan, but I'd see Arsenal making a play for him on a permanent deal. Good prem keeper, not sure he'd need to drop to the championship
Based on what I've seen of Ramsdale this term, I'd say most of them.

The jury is out on whether his recent performances reflect reality, or the season as a whole.

If you've seen anything like a fraction of the value that we paid for him, then we're miles apart in our appraisal.

Last edited:

The jury is out on whether his recent performances reflect reality, or the season as a whole.

If you've seen anything like a fraction of the value that we paid in him, then we're miles apart in our appraisal.

In my view, he's shown some improvement and many would say "it's about time". I was pleased for him the other night (it's a goalies union thing).

Whilst I have somewhat defended him, the news that West Ham might be interested surprised me. I'm pretty sceptical that we'd get anything near our money back at this point.

Having said that, if the offer is near and includes a sell on, I can see why the club would be tempted.

If you've seen anything like a fraction of the value that we paid in him, then we're miles apart in our appraisal.
Names please
If you're so convinced they're all better, it won't be hard to find one

Ramsdale is as long a long-term signing as you're ever likely to see for Sheffield United. Get a solid, settled defence in front of him next season and watch him grow into a rock. 22 is no age for a 'keeper. The thinking is he'll be here for many many years.

Seems to be a different player altogether when Jags starts instead of Egan, by the way. Much more settled and confident with Jags there. Communication issues with Egan, I wonder? That certainly needs sorting if so.

Give us a silly money offer to look at and we'll talk. Otherwise, fuck off.

Think he’s starting to look the part - so would be a shame to see him go.

but that said if we got the 20m back for him we could find an adequate replacement for 25% of that and use the difference to sort out midfield.

The poor lads been relegated 3 times already and survived on the last day of the season once. He must for some boring games with nowt riding on them.

Ramsdale is as long a long-term signing as you're ever likely to see for Sheffield United. Get a solid, settled defence in front of him next season and watch him grow into a rock. 22 is no age for a 'keeper. The thinking is he'll be here for many many years.

Seems to be a different player altogether when Jags starts instead of Egan, by the way. Much more settled and confident with Jags there. Communication issues with Egan, I wonder? That certainly needs sorting if so.

Give us a silly money offer to look at and we'll talk. Otherwise, fuck off.
I agree with the above, however, we paid "silly money for him". Hence I'd be happy to recoup what we paid.

okay....erm;

Freddie Woodman
Rafael

Do you feel better now?
Freddie Woodman plays for Newcastle and still will next season unless another PL side signs him.
Rafael better? Why?

Freddie Woodman plays for Newcastle and still will next season unless another PL side signs him.
Rafael better? Why?
If you're going to offer a Q&A session, I'm not playing. My point is;

I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of championship fixtures. I know the general standard of goalkeepers, and I'd say Ramsdale has been well below that for most of this season.

Given we paid a value well above that, I'd trade.

I'll leave the FIFA 2021 stuff to you.

Last edited:
If you're going to offer a Q&A session, I'm not playing. My point is;

I've seen hundreds, if not thousands, of championship fixtures. I know the general standard of goalkeepers, and I'd say Ramsdale has been well below that for most of this season.

Given we paid a value well above that, I'd trade.

I'll leave the FIFA 2021 stuff to you.
Fifa 2021 reference because I don’t happen to agree with you. Interesting viewpoint.

Fifa 2021 reference because I don’t happen to agree with you. Interesting viewpoint.
After almost a lifetime in the championship I understand the general level of goalkeeping there, enough to form my own opinion of where Ramsdale ranks in that area..

A desperation to bring that down to individual names does seem a bit FIFA 21 to me.

You aren't Ricky, are you? :)

Back
Top Bottom