CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale leaves for Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorce?

I hope we don't sell him until we get him on a longer contract (and actually see him play). Sell him now and the fee is restricted. But it wouldn't surprise me if we sold him next month.

Ramsdale has said on Twitter today he'd love to play for Liverpool... after being egged on by Duffy

Arsenal have had a lot of English youth keepers over the years but the last British keeper to play in the first team was Stuart Taylor. Good luck to Aaron if he thinks he will ever get into Arsenal's first team!

Why the negativity? You don't know what would happen!

Obviously it hard to make it at a big club like Arsenal but it's not impossible.

I bet you'd have told Joe Hart to stay at Shrewsbury cause he'd have no chance at Man City.

Why the negativity? You don't know what would happen!

Obviously it hard to make it at a big club like Arsenal but it's not impossible.

I bet you'd have told Joe Hart to stay at Shrewsbury cause he'd have no chance at Man City.
Wait and see then

Wait and see then

I never said he will be a great success and a future England no. 1.

The point I'm making is that players do move from lower league clubs and make it. You can't write them off before their career has really started.

Sorce?

I hope we don't sell him until we get him on a longer contract (and actually see him play). Sell him now and the fee is restricted. But it wouldn't surprise me if we sold him next month.
source barney?
A guy who sits near us. No idea where he got it from but he seemed to think it'll be another DCL scenario.

If he does go he'll probably end up trebling his worth or something typical.

That means compo rather than an agreed fee I presume

It will be a shame to see him leave when we haven't had the pleasure of seeing him represent the first team on a regular basis

There better be a massive sell on clause

It will be a shame to see him leave when we haven't had the pleasure of seeing him represent the first team on a regular basis

And especially as he is so highly rated and carries so much promise I definitely don't think we can afford to let him go so early.

But you know what we're like when big clubs come knocking so he'll be on his way. Arsenal will obviously just offload him to a championship club and monitor his international performances.

I never said he will be a great success and a future England no. 1.

The point I'm making is that players do move from lower league clubs and make it. You can't write them off before their career has really started.
To become a regular 1st teamer at Arsenal especially as a keeper there will be far bigger hurdles to go over than if he decided to stay with us

Fixed for you
He's far better off staying with us but money talks and his dad maybe wants to move him on. Go to premiership and disappear on the under 23 league circuit just like DCL.
or stay with us and get 1St team experience.We can loan him out in January as he is not going to displace Moore at this stage of his career.Its down to his handlers customers when premium teams come on we are powerless really to stop them.
At least he's under contract so we can barter for a good fee if it happens.But let's not go down the road of saying the club has no ambition premier clubs win everything unfortunately.

Playing devil's advocate - as much as I'd prefer him to stay at Utd, how much better off would he actually be in doing so? Yes, he may play the odd first team game in cups but unless Moore gets injured, how may more games will he play this season? Yes too that he'll be in and around the first team squad more at Utd but how much does that and sitting on the bench actually develop him?

In truth, if he's going to be playing for either Utd U23s or Arsenal's U23, it's not likely to be too difficult a decision to make, especially if his representatives and/or family are pushing him that way regardless of his own viewpoint and preference.

Yes, Utd could loan him out in Jan for first team experience but to be honest so could Arsenal. Plus if I were going to go to play L1/L2 on loan, I'd much rather do so on £10k/week than £2k/week.

I thought he was on Pro terms?

His dad just wants him to play football and hasnt got a preference where he plays as long as he plays. He isnt playing u23's for the blades as he is needed on the bench for the first team.

No brainer of true...reserve keeper at Arsenal on big money or reserve keeper here on much less money....mmmmm ....difficult choice !

His dad just wants him to play football and hasnt got a preference where he plays as long as he plays. He isnt playing u23's for the blades as he is needed on the bench for the first team.

That's a fair point really, it was probably a good thing to give him a run in the first team squad before he was playing in the cup games and he should be our second choice keeper now, but we have no more cup games. There's no reason why Long can't be on the bench and let Ramsdale have some games either with us or out on loan, a lot of teams use their 3rd keeper on the bench to keep their second choice match sharp. If he was actually guaranteed to play for Arsenal Under 23s it might be in his best interests to go regardless of money. If he's just going to get paid more and sit on their U23 bench, it's a waste of time.

Why isnt Ramsdale playing tonight at Crewe!!!!!! U23's. Next first team game thursday v Coventry! Goalie tonight i think is George Long. If you want a back up keeper who wont let u down surly to god the lad has to play!!!! Played 20 odd games by this time last season played less than 5 this season!! Leaving out England! Not being treated fairly as far as i can see!!!

Arsenal have had a lot of English youth keepers over the years but the last British keeper to play in the first team was Stuart Taylor. Good luck to Aaron if he thinks he will ever get into Arsenal's first team!
Thort last british either Richard Wright or David Seaman!

I feel this has to be asked to rule out any bias given the comment (and number of exclamation marks), but are you Aaron's dad by any chance?

Silly comment considering we've a good keeper in Moore. Are we meant to pander to youngsters simply because someone says they have potential? We've been stuck in a rut for far too long, now Wilder has gathered good players around him to change things. What if a young midfield player has a good reserve game? Do we jettison our existing midfield lineup? Time to stop the stupidity and be happy we have a team that's doing well for a change.

I feel this has to be asked to rule out any bias given the comment (and number of exclamation marks), but are you Aaron's dad by any chance?
No im not. started watching Ramsdale at the academy. Got talking to his dad and mom. Watch him at the lane with the family. Have a beer n chat after the games in the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom